222060 Bullies, 3482 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2212
Page 156 of 222 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 12:27pm

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    The main reason I am still here is because I want to know the truth.I initially wanted to dismantle the rumors about us being a cult (which I think I have done).So I could just walk away but I won't...

You have dismantled nothing. If anything you have added to the strength of the arguments AGAINST FSD. I don't know that anyone has ever definitively said that FSD *IS* a cult. I think there have been plenty of references to FSD having cult-like attributes. It is a subtle difference, but a meaningful one.

I really wish it were possible to see video of you going over all these questions with your sifu. I am sure they will fill you with all sorts of ideas about how all the people on Bullshido are "Internet Warriors" if they have not already. I am sure they will evade the questions if not rebuff you completely.

You have mentioned, as has been heard often in the past, about how FSD is not for competiton. You talk about how you would be stripped of many of your effective weapons in the ring. Strangely, Jacques and his boys have purchased an MMA-esque cage. Why would they do that if there is no intention to compete? It seems a little large to have as a chachke for the living room. Perhaps you can ask of your sifu if FSD plans to train someone to enter an MMA competiton. If not, why the cage?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 3:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenguy View Post
    Strangely, Jacques and his boys have purchased an MMA-esque cage. Why would they do that if there is no intention to compete? It seems a little large to have as a chachke for the living room. Perhaps you can ask of your sifu if FSD plans to train someone to enter an MMA competiton. If not, why the cage?
    Makes sense to me. If have a ring you instantly get a ton of MMA wannabes signing up, and you are more convincing in your sales pitches. It also fits the trend of moving away from the word 'Kung Fu' and pitching themselves as more of an MMA style.

They will sell whatever they think will bring in dollars, if my experience is anything to go by.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 3:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know...I was going to my class when I asked myself this very question...why buying a cage and even do sparring if we don't enter competition?I also tough to myself that if we take our lets call them...too dangerous moves...out,we still had plenty kicks,punchs,ground techniques ,takedowns and even elbow and knee strikes...so technicly we wouldn't be THAT stripped for the cage or ring...I seriously hope we do enter competition and think we are going towards that.
    Last edited by Patatoseur; 5/08/2009 3:43pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 3:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also was wondering (don't forget that the primary reason I still argue is for myself), if FSD was less expensive...lets say it was as low priced as any of your schools or whatever you like (and lets say bbc is included), would you still think it's crap or would the teaching would then be worth it...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 3:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If not can I understand that you think WC is crap as well because don't forget that FSD is mainly based on WC plus a little JJ (since John Therien has started working with sJP) and some muay thai,kickboxin and stuff but MAINLY WC and JJ (well I guess lot of you quitted before JJ was implanted accorind to FSD's site it's only been there since 2007)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 4:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because the way I see it,if ALL of what you told me about the lies, uncertificated instructors and all(you won't have me with this cult thing) was true,I still think that FSD could have a bright future because of it's versatility,all it would really need is to be more passionate for their student then for money and prove themselves in competitions, and include more sparring. But you have to admit that it's pretty well though, we have ground fighting,strikes,takedown,many drills as well as a good conditionning program...mainly all you need to survive and feel comfortable in any situations...So it could become a great MA...don't you think

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 4:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    But you have to admit that it's pretty well though, we have ground fighting,strikes,takedown,many drills as well as a good conditionning program...mainly all you need to survive and feel comfortable in any situations...So it could become a great MA...don't you think
    Because you have never experienced real ground fighting training, you don't know, but your trainers have little to no certification or real ground skills. Therien JJ is also not a well known grappling powerhouse.

Real fighting skills come from learning the timing and movements that work against an opponent that is actively fighting back. Your school does that in such small amounts that it might as well not be doing it.

Seriously, take a month, write down every 5 minute sparring session you do. Can you hope to be a real fighter when you spend as little as 1/10 the sparring time of the more respected arts?

And yes, if you search _ing _un here you will get an idea of what people think of the FSD 'base'.

I think Therien gets more respect.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 4:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PLease...I have alredy have enough searching to do with all the stuff you give me...WC=crap or good

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 4:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right so in your mind there is really nothing for FSD to do to become a good MA style...too expensive,not enough sparring and even though those things would be fixed...the fact that it's mainly Kung Fu would still make it suck?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 4:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I wan't to know your opinions on let's say...Sifu Martin, I recall Green hornet saying his skills where quite impressive...I totally agree with that.