232636 Bullies, 4007 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2230
Page 151 of 223 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    look when you're small like me you want to have some MA experience...a big black dude punches you even though he's no martial artist you must know how to react...dancers can't...I can.And what I know about bums isn't given me by FSD (actually a bit is but confirmed by other sources like policemen and stuff).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:36pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    look when you're small like me you want to have some MA experience...a big black dude punches you even though he's no martial artist you must know how to react...dancers can't...I can.And what I know about bums isn't given me by FSD (actually a bit is but confirmed by other sources like policemen and stuff).
    I bet "Policeman and stuff" is a very good source of info. Maybe you could be more specific.

You may find people on this site are much less likely than you to accept vague unsupported opinions as fact. I know where my teachers got their belts and certifications, and I know they have real skills they WANT to pass on to me.

I think if you're small (you're taller than me!) you should probably be worried about if what you're learning is effective. maybe by testing it, say, you know, in some kind of competitive venue where you'd get some idea of your level? Nah, much easier to pretend.

(To be COMPETELY honest, if you get a little pissed off and decide to prove your point by trying out sparring against someone at a proper club, you'll almost inevitably switch when you see the difference, so I don't mind saying 'dancer' a lot. Nothing personal, I'm sure you're a very nice guy).

So, since I'm not getting your words right, maybe you can answer this:

Hypothetically:

1. An opponent your size and weight and age.
    2. An opponent with the same amount of time training in BJJ as you have in FSD
    3. You get ANY FSD unarmed techniques you like
    4. He gets ONLY tournament approved moves.
    5. You fight ON A STREET.

I see three options, win,lose,tie. Which one do you think is likely?

Now switch it up a little. Say the AVERAGE FSD student vs the AVERAGE BJJ student?

(keep in mind, I'm not saying BJJ is the only good art, it's just my example, I would also accept Sambo, Judo, Muay Thai, even high school wrestling, really)

I know, I know, I'm a big meany. But at least I know who gave my sensei his belt.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously I think that at this point the winner would change from one time to another.And by small I meant that I'm fit but you know...155 isn't really impressive in terms of muscular mass.By police and stuff I meant all the times intervenant came to our schools to speak about aggression or even at Saint-John ambulance.And I already made some researches about where Sijo got his diplomas and belts and yes it sometimes get confused but it's because of all of you (some of you know what they are talking about though) who are all going different directions with that and I can't wait to start a little search on my own.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wait...I have every posible moves and he does only have tournements rules...FSD wins.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 11:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like to debate so don't think I'm done all right but it's getting late so i'll end with that: if FSD "dancing" saved me 4 times from severe injuries (some of those guys weren't small believe me) or even maybe even death well thanks a lot and I fucking love to dance...see you tomorrow...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 11:15pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Patatoseur
    You are 18 (??). You are the converted;hook, line, and sinker. You described a class or two. My guess, it's pretty much the same class you have most of the time.
    Perhaps you are right, despite the thousands of posts made in forums on Bullshido (and other sites) by people with volumes more experience than you in both life and MA's, who say otherwise. That makes sense to you?
    The lack of response of fsd to validate it's ever volatile claims, and jp's totally re-fabricated history regarding his rank(s), his life, and his "personal" fight record. I have yet to come across any lore of his fighting prowess that did not involve a drunk, or a student, or a kid. The only one to say jp was a tough guy and a fighter is jp himself! Scary, but in a demented way.
    I'm sure Patatoseur that you have personally raised your own concerns regarding the fees and your training to your instructor.
    If you buy into fsd, well, then I suppose that's the best you could do despite the info available to you. Good on you, I guess. That "sucked in" feeling you proactively defend is not unique. You weren't the first and as you know, unfortunately, you were not the last either. fsd is sticking to the soap it uses.
    If you all you have is a personal testimonial, then pay martini to post it on fsd site. In the meantime, please go away.
    Come back when you have copies of jp's piles of documented achievements, ones that he didn't sign himself. While you're at it get copies martini's special achievements also. Good luck with that! We haven't had much.

Old1o1
    Golf is a foul four-letter word.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 8:18am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wait...I have every posible moves and he does only have tournements rules...FSD wins.
    Thank you! I'm done here.

See you when you wake up.

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 8:45am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I already made some researches about where Sijo got his diplomas and belts
    Please do share.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 10:04am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    look when you're small like me you want to have some MA experience...a big black dude punches you even though he's no martial artist you must know how to react ....
    jp used to say "a big black dude" used in the same vein. What's with that anyway? Just curious.

AND....
    Please do send us, me, someone, your "research" on jp's claims. I know you have since said you didn't care about jps MA history, but just humour us and send what links you have or copies of your research results, so we can comb through it to see if it is legitimate.

Old1o1
    Thank You!
    (See... no sarcasm!)