218358 Bullies, 5838 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2212
Page 150 of 222 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 9:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    I knew someone would come up with this...You really are running out of arguments.Did I say that we only can beat people with no skills?NO!I said that the main goal of FSD is to keep you alive from a street confrontation where your live is in trouble.Knowing that most street attaker don't have any skills,FSD is far enough to keep you alive.But if the guy is some martial art expert,I'm not worried that I could as well kick his ass as he could kick mine,from there, it's all about who has more experience.
    You just said it again. So good.

A year of dancing experience isn't the same as a year of fighting. There's a video on this site concerning kung fu masters and 1 year mma fighters. You should search more.

But all funning aside, you SHOULD know how your martial art stacks up against others, otherwise how do you know if it's any good? You just trust the sifus and sijo? Do you know what arts Sijo holds black belts in? Do you know who gave him his black belts?

The answers are on this site, but if you don't believe us, then just ask your own teachers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 9:13pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So so far,we have a class designed to learn and master techniques and one to applicate them...isn't it the way it should be???If you put the fact that this system makes this art one of the most expensive one aside,it's pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur
    Even though I'm not masters or BBC I already tried such classes a couple times.
    So... it seems that you are saying that you personally are only learning and mastering compliant drills + role play. You won't learn to apply in a real self defense situation them until you get a BBC membership?

Dude, doesn't that just suck?

In MAs like BJJ and Judo randori is an integral part of the training. It's expected that you try out yourself to see what works, on resisting partners as a part of the regular class experience.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 9:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right,I couldn't care less about where Sifu's get they're belts,as long as the teaching works...and for having tested it it works.And stop comparing us with dancing please.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 9:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can see it both ways...or it sucks because normal students don't get to sparr,or it's great because entire classes are spent sparring,depends on the wallet you have.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 9:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right,I couldn't care less about where Sifu's get they're belts,as long as the teaching works...and for having tested it it works.And stop comparing us with dancing please.
    Your own posting indicates that you only tested it against drunken non fighters. We all already agree that dancing and being in good shape works against non fighters. How are you against people with skills?

You don't know. I do though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 9:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right just for the record,only ONE guy was drunk,the others were all sober and bigger then me (it's not difficult though 5f11/155 pounds) and FSD saved me all 4 times.And I have friends who study Judo,Karate,Butactic (or whatever it's called) and Muay thai...YES MUAY THAI we all have about the same experience and it's always good fights.Sometimes I win,sometimes I lose...Stop acting like you know me and you know where and with who I train,what I know and what I don't know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All right just for the record,only ONE guy was drunk,the others were all sober and bigger then me (it's not difficult though 5f11/155 pounds) and FSD saved me all 4 times.And I have friends who study Judo,Karate,Butactic (or whatever it's called) and Muay thai...YES MUAY THAI we all have about the same experience and it's always good fights.Sometimes I win,sometimes I lose...Stop acting like you know me and you know where and with who I train,what I know and what I don't know.
    Oh of course, I forgot, the legendary late night sober fighters you talked about. I assume you breathalyzed them?

You don't care that your instructors aren't certified by anyone, you are just sure they have skills. Because they say so.

By that standard you ought to believe I can levitate, simply because I say so.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .Stop acting like you know me and you know where and with who I train,what I know and what I don't know.
    Dude I know you. I used to be you.

How long have you been in FSD again?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    look...people on the street who will attack you don't have any money that's why they attack you.I don't think they're black belts if they can't even eat and if they are...i'm still sure I could oppose some resistence.And i've been in FSD for 3 years.And yes I care if the teachers are good and they are.I've seen them going and other sensais,sifu or what the heck and my Sifus are as good as any.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    look...people on the street who will attack you don't have any money that's why they attack you.I don't think they're black belts if they can't even eat and if they are...i'm still sure I could oppose some resistence.And i've been in FSD for 3 years.And yes I care if the teachers are good and they are.I've seen them going and other sensais,sifu or what the heck and my Sifus are as good as any.
    Based on your uneducated opinion, of course, and not, say, a record, or a certification from a known fighter or badass.

Which means not based on anything at all.

And AGAIN you repeat that you can beat up untrained people. Big deal, so can most dancers.