233195 Bullies, 3349 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2230
Page 149 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 7:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang SHen Do Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The BBC and/or Masters class description will follow soon

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 7:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright so the normal class is done,after a five minutes break we get on to BBC.Thusday,BBC is weapon training so I won't explain it.The other days,it's sparring.All class long,we fight.The more often there are mats and we fight toe to toe until it gets on the ground.Instructor shout stuff like don't forget this...check this or else while some other are busy fighting.However,some classes or part of classes are spent exclusively on ground fighting.The instructors let us fight on the ground and sometime and teaches techniques we then practice them for a while and then return on free ground fighting.Sometimes we DO have role fighting like you can only kick or punch or you dodge you attack etc...Some other times (often when we are not a lot), everybody sit on the ground and watches 2 students (or student/instructor etc) fight so we can analyse them.And we finishes it with some more stations.As you can see (exept for the ground fighting that is really more covered in those classes) we only put in application what we learn in classes in a real fight situation (exept we have gears) instead of just making drills and striking targets.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 7:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So so far,we have a class designed to learn and master techniques and one to applicate them...isn't it the way it should be???If you put the fact that this system makes this art one of the most expensive one aside,it's pretty good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 7:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatoseur View Post
    So so far,we have a class designed to learn and master techniques and one to applicate them...isn't it the way it should be???If you put the fact that this system makes this art one of the most expensive one aside,it's pretty good.
    You have described the classes. Now, calculate what percentage of class time is spent sparring on the ground (let's leave standup out of it, I'm only training ground right now).

In BJJ, 2/3 is spent sparring. It sounds to me like you get maybe 1 minute of sparring for every 10-15 I get.

And you think you are learning skills? I think you are learning a pretty dance.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 7:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must not forget that we are a Kung Fu class...not BJJ.I think we are a well rounded martial art considering the fact that not a lot of toe to toe MA like karate,kickboxing or even other Kung Fu styles even bother training on the ground.You are comparing apples with oranges.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 8:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course if you want to be an exeptionnal fighter you have to train more then just FSD but it's the same for every martial arts.You can't only do only karate you would get kicked on the ground,you can't only do BJJ you would get overwelmed in any standing confrontation and this goes on for every other martial arts,they all have priorities.FSD is far enough to keep you alive in a real street confrontation (knowing that attakers often don't have any high MA expertises and/or don't expect any resistence anyway)...it's main objective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course if you want to be an exeptionnal fighter you have to train more then just FSD but it's the same for every martial arts.You can't only do only karate you would get kicked on the ground,you can't only do BJJ you would get overwelmed in any standing confrontation and this goes on for every other martial arts,they all have priorities.FSD is far enough to keep you alive in a real street confrontation (knowing that attakers often don't have any high MA expertises and/or don't expect any resistence anyway)...it's main objective.
    So what you are saying is that a BJJ guy would get beat by a FSD guy because we don't train striking then?

So if you went up against a guy who used nothing but tournament BJJ techniques (and you could use anything you'd been taught in class, except weapons, of course), and he'd only had the same amount of training as you, and he was about the same age and weight, you think FSD would win out because HE didn't have striking skills?

Man you are one of my favourites so far.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 8:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO THAT'S FAR FROM WHAT I WAS SAYING...I only said that BJJ is a ground fighting style while Kung Fu is mainly a standing style so it's normal that the amount of time spent on the ground is higher in BJJ.Where in all I said have I said that we were better then other styles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 8:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .FSD is far enough to keep you alive in a real street confrontation (knowing that attakers often don't have any high MA expertises and/or don't expect any resistence anyway)...it's main objective.
    Quoting this for when you come back with open eyes. You have just said that FSD is a martial art that is only good for beating up people who can't fight. You are the BEST!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 9:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew someone would come up with this...You really are running out of arguments.Did I say that we only can beat people with no skills?NO!I said that the main goal of FSD is to keep you alive from a street confrontation where your live is in trouble.Knowing that most street attaker don't have any skills,FSD is far enough to keep you alive.But if the guy is some martial art expert,I'm not worried that I could as well kick his ass as he could kick mine,from there, it's all about who has more experience.