218358 Bullies, 4767 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2212
Page 127 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 1:56pm

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tellner
    My only contact with FSD and Jacques Patenaude was about ten years ago. He advertised that he taught Serak Silat. At the time I was on speaking terms with pretty much all of the people in North America who did that style or at least people who knew them.

If he still says so, he's still a damned liar.
    This was never spoken of directly while I was a student with Fang Shen Do. There were no Silat seminars that I am aware of. There was a plaque on the wall with a bunch of wavy knives in the Catherine St. location taht mentioned Silat. Maybe it was some of the super-secret, you only get it if you mortgage your first house to us training.

As with so many other things, is it a surprise that he lied? When Jacques Patenaude started his "martial arts system" there was no internet. It would have been easy to make all sorts of claims about his knowledge and training without anyone ever finding out if he was lying. So far the Fang Shen Do people who have posted on here, specifically Stephane Patenaude, have provided proof only that his father trained with DeMile. That is it. Nothing else. The tell-all book and of course "Kung fu Love" have never seen to light of day. Of course how can you trust the autobiographical book and/or movie of a man who has allegedly built his martial arts school on a bunch of lies and half-truths? Now that we have the internet and email it is easier to call for accountability.

On another track, what are the extra money seminars that are or have been offered by Fang Shen Do? I would be interested to know what seminars are still offered. From my cloudy memory, these are the ones I remember:

Weapons (1 and 2): this was the FSD version of Escrima taught by Martin.

Focus on Results: the flagship seminar. Taught by Jacques, the idea was overcoming internal barriers. "Strong and resourceful at the wall" was the chant, combined with "power breathing" with the climax of the seminar being the breaking of one dull arrow with your throat. Special "Only at this seminar" t-shirts were sold.

Bo staff: taught by Martin

Stick and Knife: taught by Martin

Anti-aging: taught by Jacques. I don't understand this one. I spoke with a few people who took it. They all said it was complete bullshit and they could not believe they wasted their money. Two people I did class with quit FSD after taking this seminar.

Road rage: I never quite understood the point. It seems the idea is to teach you what to do if some guy jumps out of his car to attack you while you are in traffic.

Nunchuku: Martin

Fire walking: uh huh...

Training camp: the ultimate seminar. At the time it was $400 or $500. Friday - Sunday. All sorts of activities out on the Fang Shen Do ranch in Casselman. Sparring, the tower, the elevator, the sheep barn, the wall... All the instructors take part.

Grappling: mhm. No idea who taught/teaches this.

Sparring: Basically kickboxing. If you tried using FSD techniques other than kicking and punching you would usually get slaughtered. It was never controlled and the level of aggression varied from student to student. Different instructors taught this seminar.

Kung fu fireball: Just kidding. I think.

What is missing? Are there other super-secret seminars?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 4:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian JJ, former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenguy
    This was never spoken of directly while I was a student with Fang Shen Do. There were no Silat seminars that I am aware of. There was a plaque on the wall with a bunch of wavy knives in the Catherine St. location taht mentioned Silat. Maybe it was some of the super-secret, you only get it if you mortgage your first house to us training.

As with so many other things, is it a surprise that he lied? When Jacques Patenaude started his "martial arts system" there was no internet. It would have been easy to make all sorts of claims about his knowledge and training without anyone ever finding out if he was lying. So far the Fang Shen Do people who have posted on here, specifically Stephane Patenaude, have provided proof only that his father trained with DeMile. That is it. Nothing else. The tell-all book and of course "Kung fu Love" have never seen to light of day. Of course how can you trust the autobiographical book and/or movie of a man who has allegedly built his martial arts school on a bunch of lies and half-truths? Now that we have the internet and email it is easier to call for accountability.

On another track, what are the extra money seminars that are or have been offered by Fang Shen Do? I would be interested to know what seminars are still offered. From my cloudy memory, these are the ones I remember:

Weapons (1 and 2): this was the FSD version of Escrima taught by Martin.

Focus on Results: the flagship seminar. Taught by Jacques, the idea was overcoming internal barriers. "Strong and resourceful at the wall" was the chant, combined with "power breathing" with the climax of the seminar being the breaking of one dull arrow with your throat. Special "Only at this seminar" t-shirts were sold.

Bo staff: taught by Martin

Stick and Knife: taught by Martin

Anti-aging: taught by Jacques. I don't understand this one. I spoke with a few people who took it. They all said it was complete bullshit and they could not believe they wasted their money. Two people I did class with quit FSD after taking this seminar.

Road rage: I never quite understood the point. It seems the idea is to teach you what to do if some guy jumps out of his car to attack you while you are in traffic.

Nunchuku: Martin

Fire walking: uh huh...

Training camp: the ultimate seminar. At the time it was $400 or $500. Friday - Sunday. All sorts of activities out on the Fang Shen Do ranch in Casselman. Sparring, the tower, the elevator, the sheep barn, the wall... All the instructors take part.

Grappling: mhm. No idea who taught/teaches this.

Sparring: Basically kickboxing. If you tried using FSD techniques other than kicking and punching you would usually get slaughtered. It was never controlled and the level of aggression varied from student to student. Different instructors taught this seminar.

Kung fu fireball: Just kidding. I think.

What is missing? Are there other super-secret seminars?
    Here are a few more of the seminars that I can remember that were offered to/pressured on to the students:

-Sword seminar taught by Martin
    -Kubotan seminar (keychain stick; aka. #1 weapon of fang shen do)
    -Tonfa seminar (similar to non-retractable police batons)
    -Power Punch seminar (taught by Jacques)
    -Speed seminar
    -Meditation Seminar (pay to close your eyes, do nothing, be bored, and stare at candles)
    -Phon Sao Seminar aka. trapping hands (taught by Jacques)
    -Wooden Dummy seminar

Almost all weapons seminars were taught by Martin, and the seminars you would be talked at/be completely bored for hours listening to stories and life lessons (focus on results, meditation, fire walk, etc...) were taught by Jacques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2008 9:05pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still remember (and this is when things were starting to click about the *ahem* legitimacy of FSD) that the kubotan seminar being offered was free to non-FSD students, but full price if you were a member.

That didn't sit well with me, since it was obvious that they were trying to pressure sales the free entrants into memberships and milking their membership As a cash cow.

Anyhow, I had scanned the back of the 2006 FSD calendar (for one of the previous FSD threads) that had a seminar schedule for that year.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 10:30pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martini Sets Record for All Time Low!

Martini Sets Record for All Time Low!

From the fsd blog Wednesday, September 17, 2008
    What if Marion Dewar practiced martial arts?

As you might of read Marion Dewar, ex-mayor of Ottawa, fell on her face in Toronto and died from internal bleeding, she was 80 years old.

I ask myself could it of been prevented?

Are the skills you're learning in martial arts more valuable than you think they are?

AND ....... A simple break-fall could of saved her life, a technique that can be learned in a few minutes.
    Well done, Martini! Your Dada must be proud!

NOW... The Ass Covering????

Sunday, September 21, 2008 fsd blog
    A few ruffled feathers

Looks like I ruffled a few feathers about my Marion Dewar e-mail a few days ago. Getting a few angry e-mails.

The thing is, I was angry when I wrote that e-mail.

If I can help just one person not fall and not die, I'm willing to take the risk of being criticized as an opportunist.

I'm just looking out for the people who are still alive.

Why avoid the problem when we can face it head on? ( --- Unfortunate choice of words---Old101)

A tragedy yes, and my heart goes out to the family of Mrs. Dewar, accidents like these can be avoided and I'm trying to help the best way I know how, and that's training in martial arts.

A break-fall can be learned in 2 minutes and there are many other ways to build awareness when you're training.

Like I said before, it is primordial that you master yourself.

Be strong, be fit and be aware,

Sifu Martin
    Martini is the smart brother! Well, at least, the sensitive one?

Old1o1
    'nuff said

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 6:58am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Social graces????

This is a blatant example of how the "family" runs their own spin doctor bullshit....

He did not apologise at all.....he justified....much different.

His lack of social grace characterizes this famlilies unlimited end to gaining monetary value from anything...it is vulgar.

"accidents like this can be prevented" what an ass....he sounds like those late night lawyers er..ambulance chasers...Martin Martin...you can disguse it all you want.....in the end we can all see right through you....and your families greed for money that eclipses any good intentions you try in vain to speak of.....

unbelievable....Justify justify away little man....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 9:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a proper breakfall takes way MORE TIME than just 2 minutes.

a crappy FSD version of a breakfall, maybe...
    Last edited by fanger123; 9/22/2008 9:15am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 9:50am

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait... this is news... FSD teaches breakfalls?

I believe in 1.5 years at FSD I only saw it once, for 5 minutes done on a crash mat and it looked like a bad back-flop / partial backwards roll -- not any kind of serious or realistic breakfall training.

Wasn't there a blog a couple of months ago saying that you could cure ADD/ADHD with bo staff training?

gah.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 9:45pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    Wait... this is news... FSD teaches breakfalls?

I believe in 1.5 years at FSD I only saw it once, for 5 minutes done on a crash mat and it looked like a bad back-flop / partial backwards roll -- not any kind of serious or realistic breakfall training.
    5 minutes was the "intense" course, normally taught at a $100.00 seminar! The only difference between this and an actual seminar is the clown noses and the keystone cops music... and the nudity. Hey Dingo, you owe swami jp a hundred bucks!

Wasn't there a blog a couple of months ago saying that you could cure ADD/ADHD with bo staff training?
    Yes. The bo staff has special gene altering powers that causes the" D4 Gene 7-Repeat Allele" to magically become the "FSD 4 CASH" gene, producing proper balances of fangermone in relationship to other hormones found in the old noggin nugget. That, and as you can see by vast amounts of contradicting gibberish produced in his blog, Martini is an expert on just about everything, except couth. He is just a say-anything money-grubber, and that isn't a genetic condition. That is caused by eating, rather than sniffing, all that **** Dada has produced over the years. Yuck! Imagine that! Eating Dada's crap!

Old1o1
    Wikipedian

ps. fsd students! Send me 10% of your membership fee and I'll teach you nothing new, just like the real fsd!
    Last edited by old1o1; 9/22/2008 9:46pm at . Reason: st-st-stuttering

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 10:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    old101 has the greatest avatar ever. Push ups.

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 1:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! That is some messed up stuff. Thank you for sharing it though.