224962 Bullies, 3460 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2222
Page 126 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Lucha Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo
    Criticising someones's girth, unless you can demonstrate that it impairs ability & contributes to the "bullshido" of FSD, is an unwarranted attack.

While I have said critical things about Scott previously in these threads, the ding dong comment & excessive eating allusions are not constructive to the thread and is something better served in YMAS.
    I dunno bro that's some pretty serious Guttus... I bet when he does Tigers his heart beats like a rabbit....

...should stick to the Chung Choies, rather than the La Choy

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 8:04pm

Style: BJJ @ OAMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah attacking Scott is weak. Get over it.

Edit
    Oh yeah that is not me defending FSD at all. I'm over that and I train @ OAMA which is a much better school for so many reasons.
    I got ripped off @ FSD (what was up with those DVD's guys? Come on, even if you don't admit it you know I'm right.) and nobody should go to FSD unless they wanna get ripped off.

Also I was a total douche and said it wasn't me who got punched in the mouth by Martin but it was.
    I was scared so I denied it.
    I'm not exactly a tough guy but you know, **** that now.
    I didn't deserve it.

I was a loyal student who trained hard and believed in FSD and that was what I got for my efforts, chipped crooked teeth disillusionment and when I emailed the school about it they weren't exactly upfront about it.

Also I have it from a good source that they (Martin and co.) laughed about it later "He asked me to show him, well I showed him!"
    Hearing that sucked.
    That was what they really thought of me.
    After all the years I put in there that is what it all came down to. I was a sucker.
    I could say more but well, what's to say that hasn't been said in the last few threads?
    Anybody reading this, I was there 8 years, if it happened to me it could happen to you. And I'm not the only one.

The crappy part of all this is it took so long for me to admit this to myself.
    All my dealings with the Patenaude Family were good except Martin.
    Scott Hill was great and Pat M. was my absolute favorite. It's so hard for me to believe the negative things I've read about him here. I looked up to that guy.
    I don't feel bad saying that because I think he did like me and knew I tried my hardest in his class.
    Years have past since I split so I can say all this stuff now because I've dealt with it and moved on.

What a lot of people need to understand and respect is that a lot of us who were there for years had an awesome time and it wasn't always about money, at least it didn't start that way.
    Things changed it seemed. It was obvious but nobody wanted to admit it (well we did talk about it in the change room) because we all loved it so much. I have the school tattooed on my arm to this day. I will get it covered up because it's not my flag to fly anymore.
    But for a time FSD really inspired me to be the best I could be.
    And no I don't care if I'm coming across as a ***** because none of you were there to experience what I experienced and have lived my life and were going through what I was going through at that point in my life.
    I was at my lowest and FSD made me feel good about myself and you can't put a price tag on that.
    All the long timers like myself know what I'm talking about.

But then it all changed and they were taking away my lifetime BBC membership with only 1 year left until I would have been a Black sash. And like I said Martin totally let the "inner monster" out on me. And yes there were witnesses.
    They asked me to stay but there was no way I could after that.

I don't know what happened or why things changed and I probably never will but all I can say is I hope things change again for the better but we all know how that story goes. I can't sum up my total FSD experience here in a few paragraphs all I can say is it's a shame.
    People should treat each other better.

A.J. Garrett

PS- Linda I'm sure you will read this.
    You and I shared a lot of great smiles whenever I came in to the down town location. You always called and got my butt in to class when I hadn't been there for a little while.
    I really liked you. You totally were the Kung Fu mother as you were referred to on occasion.
    Why after all that time would you cancel my BBC membership with just one year before I was supposed to test for Black Sash? I was doing better than ever. That one hurt.
    For me none of this is about money. It was the personal relationships you develop with another human being over 8 years.
    Last edited by enhanced; 8/22/2008 9:02pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 11:36pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi A.J. I want to say, and I really mean this, it takes balls for people (former students) to come on here and relate their past experiences with the FSD organization. Trust me (and others) when I say that many former students do not want to share their experiences. Sometimes we need to put some distance between the present and the past to really see things in perspective.

Your decision to do BJJ is a great one and here's my 'tip' for you (this started via PM for those wondering what I'm talking about). Training in BJJ and doing randori is one of the most heathy athletic endeavors that someone can do. It enriches and nourishes self-esteem, respect for your training partner, competitiveness, athleticism......I could go on. By the way this applies to any good martial art. You'll also find at your new club that no one wants you to succeed more than the people teaching you. Again this applies to any good MA club.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 6:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian JJ, former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow its crazy to see some of these horror stories and how they are worse then what I went through. I was in a similar situation with the BBC, except that mine was not canceled. I was paying off my BBC membership monthly, because I couldn't afford it all at once, and when I had about 4 months left of payments to pay it all off, about 4 years on the BBC, the program changed and it became about $30 more per month fee for me. And to make it worse, it could never be payed off because it became a standard monthly fee with a year contract instead of the original contract and payment plan that I had signed up for.

I also find this these threads particularly interesting because I had heard some of these stories while still with FSD but not from the perspective of the victims, but the Sifus. So I have a guess at who some of the people who post are, but not all. Most of the students who were on the BBC or leadership (before it merged with Masters club somehow) within the last 6 years or so, minus the last year because I quit FSD, might know me as well.

But those times are gone for good now. Moving to a more positive training environment has completely changed my perspective on training and on martial arts for the better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 10:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    enhanced
    what were the circumstances around the punching incidient, if i may ask?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 8:56pm

Style: BJJ @ OAMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll answer that, but tonight I'm off to a party and don't want to think about anything bad or dedicate the time needed to accurately retell the incident so I'll save it for tomorrow.
    However I may do it in the form of a PM because I really don't want to open a can of worms.
    For me it was years ago now, for you it's all fresh so I understand the curiosity.
    Also while I do remember the details and there really isn't much to say, (it happened fast and was over fast) I don't want to go on the record in public. Sometimes time colors the memory and I don't want to be inaccurate here with this bunch.
    Around here you wanna get it right the first time.
    Edit

Let me just say that if anybody wants to speak about this in private, forum members or FSD staff send me a PM.
    I'm an honest sincere guy. Anybody who knows me knows that is true.
    I feel that at times my own words have been used against me in this forum and at times some of the people on here have been so caught up in their own hate that when I've said things that they don't like or disagreed with they've cursed me for it and really, **** that.
    I was so done with this and then I jumped back because this has been hanging over my head. I totally lied out of fear. Fear of things that haven't even happened or may never happen.
    I've told certain Fangers who I am on here because I just can't lie. It's not who I am so I know they knew who I was already. I hated the whole anonymous thing but enjoyed the false sense of protection.
    It made me feel like a coward hiding and like DenisM said I ain't a chicken ****.
    ***I'm not saying anybody else is I'm saying that is how I felt.***
    Anyway for better or worse here I am.
    But not for long I just want to put this to sleep again. I just don't care anymore. I feel better cause I got my beefs off my chest.
    Last edited by enhanced; 8/23/2008 9:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 12:44pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced
    I've told certain Fangers who I am on here because I just can't lie. It's not who I am so I know they knew who I was already. I hated the whole anonymous thing but enjoyed the false sense of protection.
    It made me feel like a coward hiding and like DenisM said I ain't a chicken ****.
    ***I'm not saying anybody else is I'm saying that is how I felt.***
    Anyway for better or worse here I am.
    But not for long I just want to put this to sleep again. I just don't care anymore. I feel better cause I got my beefs off my chest.
    The anonymity granted here is just. seesaw jp is "anonymously" vengeful. Many here have recording of threats and innuendo given by telephone, and some by post, some have had tyres slashed, some have had little fires on their doorsteps, some have had to tolerate the silly spy **** they do when visiting other clubs around the city.

The fsd baggage they loaded on you was meant to make you feel suckered, stupid, disillusioned, and downright betrayed, and being deep into the muck of fsd it is very difficult to get out without feeling clumsy and embarrassed and loosing a boot or two of self esteem.

I have argued that fsd is unable to provide a detailed A to Z outline of whatever fsd is. It is a surprise menu with every class. Belt tests are failed based on questions regarding how you "feel" about fsd and any answer that's less than an ass kissing is often a fail. The only consistency is the collection of fees and the pressure to buy all the extras, because they really don't teach the "good" stuff in class. The monthly fees, are they really four weeks still? The BBC is something you payed for, and now you pay for again. They cancel your BBC because they can? I'd be looking for a full refund, no matter what small print there is in the contract. They also are subject to the fine print in the original contract. Mind you, if you look at the legals they post on their website, it's a wonder that anyone would sign a contract without a lawyer reviewing it first.

Feel better, the first dump of fsd baggage is the the best. The details will erase the rest.

Old1o1
    Frasier Crane has left the building.
    Last edited by old1o1; 8/25/2008 12:47pm at . Reason: adverbly challenged

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2008 2:07pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I was a total douche and said it wasn't me who got punched in the mouth by Martin but it was.
    I was scared so I denied it.
    I'm not exactly a tough guy but you know, **** that now.
    I didn't deserve it
    Anybody reading this, I was there 8 years, if it happened to me it could happen to you. And I'm not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1
    The anonymity granted here is just. seesaw jp is "anonymously" vengeful. Many here have recording of threats and innuendo given by telephone, and some by post, some have had tyres slashed, some have had little fires on their doorsteps, some have had to tolerate the silly spy **** they do when visiting other clubs around the city.
    I have no direct experience with FSD. I have followed this thread to learn more about bullshido in my community, and even contributed the odd item to this thread to encourage the debate.

Clearly this organization is evolving and has been commended for taking some positive steps. However, these repeated stories of mistreatment of individuals leaving FSD are consistent with allegations of cult-like behaviour and very serious. I recognize that it takes courage for posters such as enhanced, stringfellow and ghyslain to share their experience publicly.

My questions to the bullies:
    Is this sort harassment still happening?
    If there is anyone else who is reading these threads that has ever been subjected to such behaviour and hasn’t posted, I encourage you to consider sharing your experience.
    Do you believe FSD members currently pose a danger to anyone?
    Any input from someone who can provide the FSD side of the story would be welcome.

Peace, MrJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2008 9:38pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by old1o1

Old1o1
    Frasier Crane has left the building.
    This was from an FSD sock puppet way back.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ight=fang+shen

"I also heard that some of these guys (and alot of their students) are kickass fighters (and from what I saw on their website) so trash talking is never a good thing to do.You never know who you might run into."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 2:09pm

Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My only contact with FSD and Jacques Patenaude was about ten years ago. He advertised that he taught Serak Silat. At the time I was on speaking terms with pretty much all of the people in North America who did that style or at least people who knew them.

I wrote to Patenaude and asked him if he really taught Sera. He said "Yes". I asked who he got it from. He mentioned a couple names including the de Thouars family and Guro Inosanto.

I checked.

He was lying.

I wrote him back. He got huffy and defensive and was angry that I didn't respect him or his extensive martial arts experience.

I told him to stop telling lies.

He didn't like that and stopped responding to my letters.

A while later he stopped advertising that he taught Serak.

If he still says so, he's still a damned liar.