218358 Bullies, 5234 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2212
Page 121 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2008 8:09am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenguy
    Thanks.

Is this World Kobudo Federation legit?
    I believe that it is legit, but my knowledge is limited. I would like to see other posters with more knowledge and experience than I have answer this question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i too, follow the FSD blog.

word to the FSD lurkers : Nei gong is NOT a virtually unknown art. there is nothing secretive about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neigong

don't swallow the bullshit!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 6:56am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    i too, follow the FSD blog.

word to the FSD lurkers : Nei gong is NOT a virtually unknown art. there is nothing secretive about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neigong

don't swallow the bullshit!
    'Secret information' is a classic cult maneuver. "Stay with us and you'll learn things that only the select few will ever know....." etc etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 8:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey! Awesome a 500-year old secret that has only 6 published books readily available about it. I bet they don't cost near what the inevitable seminar will cost. Paperback is 14.95 according to Google Book search.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 2:13pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know anything about this Raf (a.k.a Zhiwei Chen from Montreal) fellow that's the Wudang Neigong master?

Also, it's not much of a secret if you can find yutube vids on Wudang Neigong...

Quote Originally Posted by FSD website except about Neigong DVD
    So while the Shaolin school and its external focus remained the more popular, the power of Wudang Neigong continued to grow as the famous Chinese Monk, Tie Song Zi, perfected its practice while living in the famous mountains of Wudang.

Until disaster struck. With the overthrow of the Ming Dynasty by the Manchu in the 17th Century, the growing threat of Wudang Neigong was suddenly forced completely underground, forbidden to be practiced in public.

And so...
    For 12 Generations It Was Amazingly
    Passed On To Just 1 Person
    Each Generation!

It was as if it no longer existed...

...Fast forward to the year 2005, in Montreal, Canada...

I was introduced by a friend to a man named Zhiwei Chen (his friends call him Raf).

Raf was Chinese and in Montreal studying. But on the side he also taught a strange type of "internal martial art" I'd never seen or heard about in all my extensive studies called... Wudang Neigong!
    Interesting history lesson here... Let's just say that I'm very skeptical of the 12 generations part.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 8:02pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

another yellow brick road for FSD

Martin, Martin., your extensive studies, ??? with who?? for what?? you have never studied under a legit teacher for anything else....

Not JKD, Not kali, Not BJJ, Not Wing Chun, Not the new Chinese Kickboxing SanShou, Not MMA not anything....ever..
    and no your daddy does not count since he was never certified...extensive????????????????? why should anyone believe that you have now studied under anyone legit?

Is your extensive studying in books, videos/dvd`s etc...since that appears to be where you have gotten your material from prior....for "new" ideas to make people cough up their cash...

Your EGO is nauseating, save us the tripe, (thats cow fat BTW) ...

I wonder how that European Officer would feel about the other connections you and your family have bragged all these years about...??

Off to the bathroom to puke.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started a thread on Dragon's List about the topic of Wudang Neigong, and looking for opinions on the FSD's history lesson.

http://www.dragonslist.com/discussio...tml#post344307

I particularly liked this reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Nik
    It's not questionable, it's flat out dubious. The description screams "folk tale". There was no "Wudang Neigong", there have been numerous, zillion practices, skills, training methods, formulated into substyles of a circle, not a region. Neigong is a group of practices, not a "style". Some or the whole practices may be okay, but then it's just some random, widely spread training practice of todays China. But there is also a risk of getting purely fantasy, and misbuild folk qigong crap. Stick with Taiji from a real Taiji trainer of todays top circles, there you at least know who is for real, and the practice gets you to the same goal anyways.
    [edit: link added]
    Last edited by TheDingo; 6/27/2008 9:31pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 2:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was walking outside the FSD downtown location today.

they now advertise as teaching JIU JITSU.

so it could be either

1)they really do teach JIU JITSU. I find this hard to believe. Is is true that hey are now associated with Can Ryu Jiu jitsu with Therien JJ. It was pointed out that they merely shared school space in one particular location only, and that though some cross training may happen as a result, no form of jiu jitsu was incorporated in the FSD curriculum.

or

2)they are hoping to attract as many students as possible, cashing on the MMA hype. they also advertise cage and octagon fighting...

i think it's no.2.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 7:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    i was walking outside the FSD downtown location today.

they now advertise as teaching JIU JITSU.

so it could be either

1)they really do teach JIU JITSU. I find this hard to believe. Is is true that hey are now associated with Can Ryu Jiu jitsu with Therien JJ. It was pointed out that they merely shared school space in one particular location only, and that though some cross training may happen as a result, no form of jiu jitsu was incorporated in the FSD curriculum.

or

2)they are hoping to attract as many students as possible, cashing on the MMA hype. they also advertise cage and octagon fighting...

i think it's no.2.
    Doesn't surprise me. They are touting Bo staff training as the cure for ADD on their blog right now. But to expand upon your point, I found this link quite interesting...

http://www.demilografix.com/print.html

Look for the joint Therien Ju-jitsu / Fang Shen Do Kung-fu reference as the last entry under advertisements. Look at the picture in the link (or click http://www.demilografix.com/images/p...kick_large.jpg ) -- and look at the ad at the bottom right... it's a joint ad between FSD and Therien JJ, both logos on the same ad.

Though the FSD website doesn't seem to have any mention of JJ classes..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 7:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the FSD blog is pure gem. i love louse time!

can't read clear on the ads... the therien JJ + FSD combo is at one location only?