232592 Bullies, 3832 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2230
Page 118 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 12:09pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    AGAIN I WILL SAY THAT IF ANYONE WANTS TO ENTER ANY COMPETITION I WILL TEACH YOU FSD FOR FREE FREE FREE JUST TO HAVE THE DRAGON ON YOUR BACK AND LET THIS GREAT SYSTEM BE KNOWN IN THE RING
    Hmmm …. so much for our value-for-money criticisms of FSD!

Quote Originally Posted by sifu no bs
    I have been to other schools for training , I have crosstrain with various martial arts to get a better idea of what you guys are talking about when it comes to real training and bla bla bla just to have a clear view of everything and not be ignorant about martial arts in general. I have paired up with a great team at my school I have cornered 8 or 9 guys in various competitions , I have participated myself in one lately, 2 guys won mma matches, we have made numerous contacts internationaly .... I'm making things happens in all this time.
    That is good. If you are so inclined, I would be interested in hearing more about some of these topics, such as what/where else do you like to train and why. Are you referring to WKF when you say international contacts? I understand some here may consider that off-topic, but if criticisms of insularity no longer apply as FSD evolves that should be recognized.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 12:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aasdfasdf

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 3:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stephane,

Are you serious? Your first response to ANYTHING that goes against your version of reality is always 'come fight'. Maybe you don't mean it that way, but that's how you come across. Perhaps it's just your way, but keep in mind that's how people are going to look at your 'invite'.

The actions of FSD have taught people not to trust you. That's just how it is. No need to get angry, or worry about it, or read more into it than it is. If you want the community at large to believe in you, you have to rebuild that trust. Putting students in tourneys and interacting with the community in a positive way is exactly how you do that, and you're heading in the right direction, don't be discouraged because it's not instantaneous. You have made more progress single handedly than the rest of FSD put together, and that's a good thing.

Many people left because they felt FSD broke trust with them, misrepresented its value, or even just because they were interested in other goals, but even people who had other reasons are treated badly by FSD and badmouthed whether they were trying to present their experiences as not all bad or not.

All that aside, if you are serious about training people for free just so you can prove your art has value on the mats, that is an impressive commitment indeed, and worthy of respect. I look forward to seeing your guys and girls out there.

( Is there nobody in your school already who'd like to show what FSD has to offer in competition? There's a no-gi tournament coming up next month in Montreal )

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 3:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The blame game continues, usually that says a lot about a person's character to me ...

I felt fsd cared more about taking my money than giving me a good value for it but that is ok because I get better quality training elsewhere at half the price... I can only assume that these threads are causing a decline in fsd membership.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 6:06pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "Martin is sooooooooo full of crap!" Report
    Excerpts from the fsd Blog

Blog Title
    Friday, May 30, 2008
    It's Louse Time!

http://www.fangshendo.com/blog/index.html

Sorry, but Martini is pretty boring this week.... but what the hell.
    Forgive me administrators, for I am about to commit a deviation.

Friday is always what I call: "Louse Time". Modeled after Bruce Lee's strategy in Enter the Dragon. You know that part where he's having tea with the government agent but he's disturbed by one of his students and Bruce Lee tells the agent: It's Louse Time! The agent replies with his british accent: "yes of course".
    Friday is where I share with you Life Lessons and Direction given to me by my dad (and Sifu) every Friday.
    *** So dadda is Bruce, and you are the “Louse” ( ffs, it's Lau's). That's right on the delusional mark, if I do say so.(said with a British accent)

Yesterday we did just that. I'm not sure about you but last winter was hard on us.
    One of our garage collapsed under the weight of the snow, our deck collapsed under the weight of the snow, one of our zip lines from our aerial park got crushed by an 80 year old red pine which snapped in half on it, our pool's outer wall ripped. Anything else?
    Isn't that enough?
    **** One of your garages collapsed! The deck crushed, the zip line is no more! God damn those 80 year old pine trees, especially the red ones. At least you have a description. It won't get far!

You got a pool????

ps. If you weren't so busy planning world domination and counting the proceeds from fsd (you do give receipts for cash), you could have put a little of your magic fsd “Concentrated Action” into shoveling the snow off the deck and garage. The fugitive red pine is still being pursued, I assume.

What are you supposed to do in times like these?
    **** Call the insurance agent!?

Be resilient, take each problem and fix it.
    ***** Dialing the insurance company is definitely one of the hardest things to do! Right up there with telling lies.

Back to my subject of Concentrated Action. Do you often find yourself trying to do too many things all at once that nothing gets done?
    **** Then you need the new and improved “Concentrated Action”.

Your day might start with you sitting down to continue work on a book you're writing,
    *** Who's writing a book???? Oh yah! Pappy's bio-fiction, the one with the “real” truth. Truth, as I said before, is difficult to write about in a fictional context. Look at me.

shortly after your cell phone rings
    **** Bill collectors???

then it's answering e-mail
    **** Really good bill collectors!!!!

then the delivery guy drops off a few packages
    **** OK! I'll bite. What's in the boxes? Body parts?

then you're off to a meeting.
    **** bill collectors at the front door, and you're out the back.....

You never get in the flow of things.
    ***** Euphemism for “I didn't get caught, but that was close!”

The trick is to schedule your work day in 1 hour blocks. 1 hour of writing. 1 hour of reading. 1 hour of phone calls, 1 hour of alone time (meditating or training) with no interruptions. If you structure your day this way you'll get more done in half the time.
    **** Is that what you do for a living? Sign me up! As you may or may not know, I am a platinum belt in fsd! That's right! In fact, I'm higher ranked than seajoe, and much taller! I can kick any body's ass! In fact, I'm so good, I can even kick my own ass!

You can see me do this on my DVDs, “Ass Kicking #1 – Yours” and “Ass Kicking #2 – Mine”.

Yesterday was no different. Concentrated Action until 2:00 pm and most chores are done.
    **** The cows come home at 2:00??? That's some farmer background you have there.

Next week we'll start laying down the foundation for a new garage and getting the final preparations for Training Camp 2008 under way.
    ***** Is this a “If you build it, they will come!” thingy? What about the premise “We had a Training Camp 2008, and nobody came?”

I write about a 100 goals a year and I never get tired of crossing them off my list and pencil in DONE on top of them. All that is possible because of this simple concept: Concentrated Action.
    **** 100 is an average, or is that an fsd record? Is “Concentrated Action” available in different flavours? Is it kid safe? Aside from the "fsd blog", does it contain any irritants?

Master Yourself,
    **** Won't blindness ensue? Do you own a palm shaver? Do you do this in “1 hour blocks”? Do you train both hands? Do you give private instruction? And you say your father shared this with you? (somebody stop me!!!!)

Sifu Martin
    ***** One more time. If dad makes up a martial art out of fudge (of which I am much better at than he... the platinum belt... shiny) can the son get a title Sifu if he is left handed and twiddles the day away in 1 hour blocks writing nonsense, which, in turn helps moi with my typing skills (yet another DVD “fsd - How to kill Mavis Beacon”.

Is Steph jealous of you?

Old1o1 :XXhesitan
    You know, that was hardly worth it.
    Please go easy on me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 4:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DennisM:

Do you have any first-hand info. on SJP having/ever had a criminal record for assault while he was an WCD instructor? This is not about character assassination or gossip, but a legitimate concern about alleged unprofessional (criminal) behavior by a "martial arts" instructor. None, and I mean none of the FSD crew past or present have commented directly on this-not even a denial! The absence of a response is in itself interesting.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 9:28am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SNBS:

Congratulations on competing. Did I hear correctly that you knocked out your opponent? Using my time at Fang Shen Do as an example and the students there as a sample group I would suggest that there are more people there who want to compete than you would think. I am not suggesting that 80% of yoru students want to step in the ring but I am quite sure you would have a large number of guys and girls who wouldn't mind stepping up for a tournament or two. I think you have done a great job of trying to move things in a positive direction for your MA by finally assisting people to get into the ring.

I am not surprised by your reaction to DennisM's comments. All you have done is confirm so many things that have been said here. He leaves, says some things you don't like, so you threaten violence. Perhaps you should look at the way your business is run. Perhaps you should consider the circumstances under which he left. Perhaps you should consider that disliking someone is not an automatic excuse for a fight. A grudge match? Come on. Is this the frickin WWE here? All that does is make you look like a complete douche bag. It sounds like DennisM was totally fucked over by Stephane. Perhaps you should look into that and get back to us with the official Fang Shen Do position on the situation.

GG

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 9:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krackie
    DennisM:

Do you have any first-hand info. on SJP having/ever had a criminal record for assault while he was an WCD instructor? This is not about character assassination or gossip, but a legitimate concern about alleged unprofessional (criminal) behavior by a "martial arts" instructor. None, and I mean none of the FSD crew past or present have commented directly on this-not even a denial! The absence of a response is in itself interesting.
    Before he even answers, I want you to think about your question. I have a hard time thinking that sJP would discuss his alleged criminal record in the owners meetings. I suppose there is no harm asking, but I would imagine that DennisM would have more information regarding how the business is run vs. sJP's past.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 9:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone asked if I felt I had been ripped off by Fang Shen Do. The simplest answer to this is yes. There were many days that I left feeling like I had wasted my time. There were days that I thought I had just been served a big steaming pile of crap. There were days when I thought the instructors had been inappropriate with students. There were days when I felt the instructors lacked teaching skill. Overall I feel that I was sold a proverbial bill of goods.

Everything was not bad. I met some good people there. I met some good (kind?)instructors there. There were days that I left feeling pretty damn good about myself. I took pride in the fact that I pushed myself much harder than many of the other students. I got in shape.

In the end, and knowing what I know now, I just feel ripped off and dirty. I feel ashamed that I was a paid member of Fang Shen Do. It was a lot of money wasted that could have been put towards more useful pursuits.

Does that answer the question?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't imagine it would have been an open discussion - but if someone disappears for months, people talk