233539 Bullies, 3450 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2231
Page 114 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 1:03pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennism
    I put my real name out there cause unlike alot of ex FSD students I'm not a chicken **** who talks about training and that is all.
    I have some level of education relating to computers and the 'intarwebs'. For example, I've been using the internet since it came to ottawa, and long distance bbs'ing and such since the 80's. I'd just like to say that there are very good reasons for people to maintain an anonymous identity on the net. That's why *I* do it, I've done it long before I ever signed up FSD, and I plan to continue doing it unless I can in some way help someone by revealing my ID. I do this on most sites, not just this one. But that's not why I'm posting THIS post.

The reason I'm making THIS post, is I've seen things done and/or said to other users of this site by some characters in FSD that would make me seriously question revealing my real identity if I was them too.

Now that's not MY motivation, I'm just a keyboard warrior, after all, but I can certainly see why some of the others would stay quiet on real names. I don't think *chickenshit* is necessarily a good description of these guys.

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 1:21pm

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. Its nice to see some actual answers for once.

Some will find out that they aren't invincible and that they dont' have the market on hard training. .
    Other than Stephane P are you aware of instructors we might look out for in the ring?

Was the issue of competition discussed in the owners meetings at all? It is not the be all end all, but it seems that sJP is simply afraid that losing in the ring will tarnish the FSD image.

Right now I train at OAMA . Great instructors great schedule and a very good diversity in terms of ages. .
    Good change.

So why did I leave . Its a long story .. when it comes down to it .. I feel I was shafted really bad with the help of Stephane Damour. Its a long story and I don't want to go into it other than its funny what money will do to people. .
    Thanks. I am sure other people might want a more in-depth description of events, but that about covers it for me.

Its understood that the seminars will be taught by Martin Patenaude and they'll be at the headquarters or on their property in Casselman. ( I don't know why that is interesting to people ) Each school is run independently but under restrictions ( but not tight ) on what is on the advertising. From my expirience every school does the same ads and then also do their own too.
    I can't speak about others. I am interested as I want to know how much control is exerted by Jacques Patenaude on his franchisees.

JP does have another side. See when your around them so much you get to know how people really are not just an hour a or two a week.
    And what is he like?

5. What happens in the owners meetings?
    Business stuff how to make more money .. what can they do to change and add to the program.
    Out of curiosity, was this forum ever brought up in any of the owner meetings?

I'll give you guys something to chew on.. for the most part 80 percent of what you all say here is true. About how the prices are rediculous ( hey there are other schools you don't have to pay them the money ) . The sifu's do train hard and they all can fight but you'll be hard pressed to see it in a ring cause its not what they train for.
    They do try to get the most money out of every individual student as possible. why ? cause they run a business.
    I don't think anyone ever claimed the sifus don't train hard. I don't think anyone ever claimed the sifus weren't great athletes. What do they train for? As I said, competition is not the be all end all. It just seems to me that even if they had a few competitions at GAMMA, Sport MMA, TriStar, or anything like that against competition from reputable schools that it would help their credibility. In the end it could really help Fang Shen DO in terms of attracting students through exposure AND in terms of them evolving their system and throwing out crap like the heart attack close.

The idea of not giving Fang Shen Do money is absolutely right. No one has said they should not be making money. The issue for me was that they were dishonest in my mind. They would sell one thing, or sign you to one contract, then not honour it. That is bullshit. Look at the whole master's club fiasco. In the original days there were supposed to be weekly training sessions with Jacques, all the weapons you could stuff in a bag, free seminars, and a bunch of other things. That lasted about a month. THen it was meetings every other week with Jacques. Then it was once a month. And on it went. I have no idea what the master's club is now. The BBC was supposed to be all about getting more advanced training - it wasn't. Now there is all this Sanshou business - more of the same bullshit. If they were offering a quality program, price is less of a discussion.

I'm not really bitter about my expirience there .. I knew for the most part what i was getting into . ( Well i do think that stephane damour is a dick but hey thats my opinion.)
    Interesting.

Anyone getting into FSD i would suggest that you make sure you try other schools.. they are not the only ones that train hard.. I'm actually getting a better workout with muay thai and the sparring is better ( no face cage its actual sparring ) .
    I am glad you have ended up on your feet and at a better school. I appreciate your candid responses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 1:39pm

Style: MMA/BJJ/Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hmmm..

Hey Dennis M thks for the nsight...your name...same name (initials) as JP`s first senior from catherine street...Dennis Murdock.....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 2:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: asdsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i'm not going to say anything that is going to bring a lawsuit on me for slander for defamation of character. So how is Jaques in real life , should I tell you that he is a good guy and i remember when my kids were playing soccer with him at his school .. would that change your impression of the guy.. who really cares. In terms of calling people chicken ... we just my opinion if your afraid of one of them you have to ask yourself why.. Did you do something wrong.. I have no problem about coming here I'm not saying anything that isn't true.. i'm not trying to make them loose business.

In regards to the Masters Club yah I personally think it was just another way to get more money.. well that was obvious. Hell I was the only owner who didn't join. It was supposed to be an extra class a week then one a month then one a month with the instructors. Basically in the end its another way to get an extra 75$ for little more effort on the part of the owners.

Just so I don't get 100 questions i'm not going to entertain any questions that will try to get my opinion on someone's character nor will I give any information on how the business is run that isn't obvious from a clients perspective.. Its just to procted my from a lawsuit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 2:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In terms of calling people chicken ... we just my opinion if your afraid of one of them you have to ask yourself why.. Did you do something wrong..
    This seems to imply that anyone that's felt threatened must have done something wrong to deserve it.

Granted, I only got one side of the story, but it's clear to me that what I've seen wasn't deserved.

Still. There's a tendency from the FSD ranks to assume weakness and cowardice whenever things don't go their way. I don't see that changing anytime soon, either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thank you for your posts!

are you the one who used to post FSD vids on youtube? (like the vintage sJP ones)

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 6:37pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its just to procted my from a lawsuit
    Absolute truth is an absolute defense. Good for you to post, are you the same Dennis M who Macte referred to?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 9:36pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Dennis. Thanks for posting. It's always good to hear first hand accounts when FSD is concerned.

I was wondering if you had any insights on the "MMA" event that Pat Marcil & Scott Hill participated in? Did they both win? Or just Scott Hill. Is there any video of it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 9:44pm

Style: Grappling/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have there been any repercussions to you personally or financially for leaving Fang Shen Do?Financially only what I lost in the business. I would suggest for anyone considering looking into a franchise to look at the franchise act of Ontario and closely look at the clauses that deal with full disclosure .... Oh yah does anyone know a free lawyer LOL
    Although I would need more information to make a more informed opinion I believe that the recent phenomena of a Patenaude family member 'partnering' with an FSD school owner is a deliberate attempt to circumvent Ontario franchise law.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 2:08am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

80 %

for the most part 80 percent of what you all say here is true.
    Which parts of what people have posted, is in your opinion, not true?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"