223783 Bullies, 3482 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2212
Page 113 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 2:51pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    I recall a couple of blue sashes who joined the Master's Club - even though blue and purple clashed horribly.
    Well, if you're going to learn to fight, clashing seems apropos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 11:39pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another weird blog!

The "Martin is sooooooooo full of crap!" Report
    Excerpts from the fsd Blog

Blog Title
    Friday, May 23, 2008
    It's Louse Time!
    [URL="http://www.fangshendo.com/blog/index.html"]Read this entry first.

If only to illustrate the pervasive amount of Bullshit that these guys produce, or pretend to produce.

After reading the fsd blog, go to the linked site below. You will find most every word found in the "It's Louse Time" blog, at this scam artists feel-good cult site. Not only is fsd a piss poor ripoff "martial art" (albeit, apparently profitable ), they even steal stuff from other cult scammers. How low can you get!!!!

http://www.visionforce.com/bootcamp/

Some of the highlights that match....

---As a child, you have strong visionary tendencies: You have big dreams of what you’d like to be and ideas of how we might like to “change the world.” Anything is possible!

----A man or woman without vision is like a great stallion without its legs, a lion without its roar, an eagle without its wings.

----Have you given up on the foolish notions of youth and learned to be a good, responsible adult and all grown up, because your conclusions now match what the masses seem to have known all along:

-----On some level, many people want you to fail, not because they are mean people, but because, if you fulfill on your dreams, they are going to feel even worse that they gave up on their own.

Funny thing or scary thing? You be the judge.
    >>>> Excerpt from VisionForce site:

"In the program that many participants call "the most powerful experience of my life," you'll learn a uniquely effective modern-day martial art for the human mind and spirit that yields profound access to the courage, compassion, vision and skill it takes to lead a truly visionary life."

SOP, eh Martin!
    Now, if you say daddy really took credit for this tidbit on Friday, I call Bullshit! Like he really said this to you.

Second thing and of more importance, it's "Lau's time", not "Louse time". How many times have you watched that movie????

Old1o1
    Your Mis-Information Officer ( or Mister-Information Officer)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 8:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: asdsd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yah most of the stuff put on the blog and even handouts given in seminars are all ripped from websites books and other blogs with no credit to the original authors.

And before anyone goes and asks me what my expirience is with FSD how long was I there and what rank achived .. i was there for eight years.. got my black sash . I was a school owner I owned the arnprior location for 3 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 9:08am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Dennis, and welcome. I've trained with you a few times, I think, you were a hard worker.

Are you planning to continue training, or just taking a break from MA in general for a while? I am an FSD brown sash, and I found that putting on the white belt again was a real breath of fresh air.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 9:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never stopped training.. Dont think i'll ever stop

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 10:12am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

?????? Lots and Lots of ????????

Quote Originally Posted by Dennism
    Yah most of the stuff put on the blog and even handouts given in seminars are all ripped from websites books and other blogs with no credit to the original authors.

And before anyone goes and asks me what my expirience is with FSD how long was I there and what rank achived .. i was there for eight years.. got my black sash . I was a school owner I owned the arnprior location for 3 years.
    Howdy
    Welcome!
    Sorry, but I have ask. You owned the Arnprior location, then what happened that you no longer own it?

Old1o1
    Curious Person
    Go Packers Go! (I guess that's a little late)

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 10:20am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    While I don't dispute you, I think the two were the same thing at the time I was leaving. *grin*

There's no way all the purple jackets were held by black belts, I'm pretty sure about that.

Or wait, 'Master's Club' isn't populated by masters, is it?
    Maroon were master's club. Assistant instructors got the grey sash to designate their position.

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 10:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    You're right. All you needed was to join the BBC, then you could join the Master's Club (for an additional fee, of course), then you would get one of those fancy purple jackets.

I recall a couple of blue sashes who joined the Master's Club - even though blue and purple clashed horribly.
    When I left you didn't actually need to join the two in succession. You could simply sign up for the master's club by paying a large amount of money (like everything else). It could just be semantics though as I am sure they added together the master's club + BBC membership, added an extra 13% (because they need an arbitrary number just like everything else) to create the price for noobie fangers who wanted to dive right in to the koolaid pool.

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 10:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennism
    I never stopped training.. Dont think i'll ever stop
    I am sure you didn't post without the expectation of people asking questions and perhaps having some skepticism. You have a particular wealth of knowledge not available to most of us that can add significantly to this forum. I will start (actually, I suppose old1to1 started so I will continue):

1. Why did you leave Fang Shen Do?

2. Where and with whom do you train now?

3. How much say did you actually have in running your own school? Could you make decisions to provide classes or seminars or advertise independently from the Fang Shen Do organization?

4. Does Jacques Patenaude have another side to him that the students don't see? I am asking this in all seriousness. He certainly seemed a bit crazy with a God complex, but I am well aware that he could be totally different to those who have a closer relationship. You would have had, I assume, the opportunity to have a more personal relationship with the man. Is he smart? Does he work hard?

5. What happens in the owners meetings?

6. Have there been any repercussions to you personally or financially for leaving Fang Shen Do?

I am sure there will be many more questions.

I trained with you on a number of occassions. I thought you were a straight forward, well-meaning, hard working guy. IMHO it is a great thing you have left the Fang Shen Do organization.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 12:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So yah I expected these questions .. I put my real name out there cause unlike alot of ex FSD students I'm not a chicken **** who talks about training and that is all. I'll start by saying alot of people who have posted are judging the Sifu's abilities by how much they participate in outside events. ( Until recently ) they dont' cause for the most part they don't seem that competing for other people's sake is what they want. Now there are a few that want to for their own reasons and that is cool.. Some will find out that they aren't invincible and that they dont' have the market on hard training.

Right now I train at OAMA . Great instructors great schedule and a very good diversity in terms of ages.

So why did I leave . Its a long story .. when it comes down to it .. I feel I was shafted really bad with the help of Stephane Damour. Its a long story and I don't want to go into it other than its funny what money will do to people.

towards your questions on seminars and stuff well only the headquarters will hold seminars . Its understood that the seminars will be taught by Martin Patenaude and they'll be at the headquarters or on their property in Casselman. ( I don't know why that is interesting to people )
    Each school is run independently but under restrictions ( but not tight ) on what is on the advertising. From my expirience every school does the same ads and then also do their own too.

JP does have another side. See when your around them so much you get to know how people really are not just an hour a or two a week.

5. What happens in the owners meetings?
    Business stuff how to make more money .. what can they do to change and add to the program.

6. Have there been any repercussions to you personally or financially for leaving Fang Shen Do?
    Financially only what I lost in the business. I would suggest for anyone considering looking into a franchise to look at the franchise act of Ontario and closely look at the clauses that deal with full disclosure .... Oh yah does anyone know a free lawyer LOL

I'll give you guys something to chew on.. for the most part 80 percent of what you all say here is true. About how the prices are rediculous ( hey there are other schools you don't have to pay them the money ) . The sifu's do train hard and they all can fight but you'll be hard pressed to see it in a ring cause its not what they train for.
    They do try to get the most money out of every individual student as possible. why ? cause they run a business.

I'm not really bitter about my expirience there .. I knew for the most part what i was getting into . ( Well i do think that stephane damour is a dick but hey thats my opinion.)

Anyone getting into FSD i woudl suggest that you make sure you try other schools.. they are not the only ones that train hard.. I'm actually getting a better workout with muay thai and the sparring is better ( no face cage its actual sparring ) .

I trained with you on a number of occassions. I thought you were a straight forward, well-meaning, hard working guy. IMHO it is a great thing you have left the Fang Shen Do organization.