221988 Bullies, 4238 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2212
Page 111 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 10:50am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for being my moral compass fanger123.

Stephane winning a match is a good thing. While I agree that it doesn't change many of the issues spoken of in the many Fang Shen Do threads, the lack of competition of any sort was one of the things that was harped upon. Baby steps to better things?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 3:46pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Boy, am I lost in this here internet!

Anyone have the link to the "European Tour" site. I'm just lost on this here internet. I tried the Nikko Hotel, and had no luck. I tried Therien's page, thw WKF, Girl Scouts of Düsseldorf, etc, but I must be having a bad day net-wise.

Old1o1
    Ask me about my hair loss secrets!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 4:07pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What kills me is that they go and do KICKBOXING matches like that is going to somehow give them all-around fighting legitimacy.

Standup is only a piece of the game. That's the whole REASON why advertising FSD as a complete system is a lie. Okay, that's strongly worded. It's not a LIE, they do teach an entire game. It's just an untested, theoretical, unpracticed, and unproven system.

Was there video of the fight? What do you suppose the odds are that there were NO 'reference points', no taun saos, no bong saus, no double blasting? The guy isn't afraid to bang, but he don't use no kung fu when he does it, muchachos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 8:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    old101
    i also tried to find some info esp. regarding the kickboxing event, but nothing came up.

noob
    what, you didn't know that trapping hands were a functional, simple direct way of self defense? maybe if you stayed until your black sash!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 8:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    noob
    what, you didn't know that trapping hands were a functional, simple direct way of self defense? maybe if you stayed until your black sash!
    At least my brown sash looks like what it's worth these days... *grin*

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 11:07am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    What kills me is that they go and do KICKBOXING matches like that is going to somehow give them all-around fighting legitimacy..
    There are a couple of ways of looking at it. All of your above points are relevent to the issue of course. My point about two or three posts back is that Fang Shen Do as an organization have been roundly criticized for a lot of things. One of those things was not competing. At least they are doing that even if they are not demonstrating the full deadly that they claim to be. Maybe Stephane or one of the others will man up and call KotC, Apex (cause apparently they are back) or one of the other organizations that come through the area and get a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Standup is only a piece of the game. That's the whole REASON why advertising FSD as a complete system is a lie. Okay, that's strongly worded. It's not a LIE, they do teach an entire game. It's just an untested, theoretical, unpracticed, and unproven system.

Was there video of the fight? What do you suppose the odds are that there were NO 'reference points', no taun saos, no bong saus, no double blasting? The guy isn't afraid to bang, but he don't use no kung fu when he does it, muchachos.
    This, of course, is a big issue regarding the Fang Shen Do system. Of course if you listen to Sijo Jacques Patenaude's mumblings he claims that if you get all the way to a black belt you only really learn one skill. Since there are so few black sashes in the system, it is hard to know what that one skill is. Maybe it is the Fang Shen Do Dim Mak?

Any Fang Shen Do student who has actually watched or participated in any Fang Shen Do sparring sessions know that all they do is kickbox anyway. Taun Sao? Goang Sao? Lap Sao? As if!

All I am saying is that at least it is a start, even if it is bordering on bullshit and still not proving they are a complete system (which of course they are not...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenguy
    All I am saying is that at least it is a start, even if it is bordering on bullshit and still not proving they are a complete system (which of course they are not...)
    Totally true. And much props to the Fangers who went and fought in ANY non-FSD ruleset, against other arts. Notably the students, who are the true test of any art. I EXPECT a 'Sifu' to be better than average.

But it IS still just a start.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 3:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    youtube fu blocked at work, and i couldn't get the link to work from home, connection got lost, blah blah.

anyways, can someone kindly youtube fang shen do, choose the gatineau demo, and link some of the vids that happened during the interFSD tournament (you'll see them as related vids on the right)? There is one in a cage, and one lei tai ish.

i think crappling with headgear = neck cranks and injuries waiting to happen...

edit :

YouTube - cedric mongeon vs alexandre lacelle (cage)

YouTube - cedric mongeon vs martin ...
    Last edited by fanger123; 5/20/2008 11:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 1:18pm

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the new blog from the FSD site. I can't stop laughing every time I read it, but admittedly, I'm extremely over tired, so maybe its just me.

Thoughts?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008
    All the King's Children

The King had 3 children.

The first one runs long distances and competes in annual marathons.

The second is an aerobic instructor.

And the last one is a couch potatoe.

The king's assistant wanted to start a training program but didn't know how to get started. So she cornered each one of the children and asked them what they did to stay in shape.

The first one told her what he did and invited her to come train with him and his training partners later that day.

After seeing the other runners arrive she couldn't help but realize how "bony" and skinny they were. It wasn't quite the "look" she was looking for.

She remembered how most marathon runners are extremely skinny and don't look healthy. Plus she remembers the look on runners' faces while running, not quite the look of happiness and fun.

Next time you watch runners go by, see if you draw the same conclusion.

So she decides running marathons and long distances isn't her thing.

A bit disappointed, she goes to speak to the aerobic instructor.

He also takes the time to show her what he does. While he's talking she remembers seeing article upon article of experts concluding that slow long cardio is dead and has been dead for a long time.

There is no benefit to sustaining an exercise at the same pace for hours at a time. It actually weakens your heart compared to strengthening it. All it does is make your body very efficient at NOT burning fat.

She graciously thanks him for his time and pretends she's late for a meeting.

A meeting with the Couch Potatoe.

When she walks in she sees him sitting on...the couch. He doesn't seem to be doing much but she can't help but notice his lean physique.

"How do you stay in shape" she asks? You always seem to have that extra time to sit around and do nothing.

"I do have extra time" he replies but I don't do nothing. I use that extra time to educate myself, meditate, read, play, paint, and write.

"So how do you keep your body in such great condition?"

The secret is in the Intensity.

I complete my workout as fast and as Intense as possible. Almost as if there's a time bomb clicking away beside me forcing me to end my workout quickly before it goes BOOM.

That's one of the secrets, the others can be found here.

Sifu Martin

P.S. The moral behind the story is train smart, train fast and train with intensity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 1:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPantsless
    Here is the new blog from the FSD site. I can't stop laughing every time I read it, but admittedly, I'm extremely over tired, so maybe its just me.

Thoughts?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008
    All the King's Children

The King had 3 children.

The first one runs long distances and competes in annual marathons.

The second is an aerobic instructor.

And the last one is a couch potatoe.

The king's assistant wanted to start a training program but didn't know how to get started. So she cornered each one of the children and asked them what they did to stay in shape.

The first one told her what he did and invited her to come train with him and his training partners later that day.

After seeing the other runners arrive she couldn't help but realize how "bony" and skinny they were. It wasn't quite the "look" she was looking for.

She remembered how most marathon runners are extremely skinny and don't look healthy. Plus she remembers the look on runners' faces while running, not quite the look of happiness and fun.

Next time you watch runners go by, see if you draw the same conclusion.

So she decides running marathons and long distances isn't her thing.

A bit disappointed, she goes to speak to the aerobic instructor.

He also takes the time to show her what he does. While he's talking she remembers seeing article upon article of experts concluding that slow long cardio is dead and has been dead for a long time.

There is no benefit to sustaining an exercise at the same pace for hours at a time. It actually weakens your heart compared to strengthening it. All it does is make your body very efficient at NOT burning fat.

She graciously thanks him for his time and pretends she's late for a meeting.

A meeting with the Couch Potatoe.

When she walks in she sees him sitting on...the couch. He doesn't seem to be doing much but she can't help but notice his lean physique.

"How do you stay in shape" she asks? You always seem to have that extra time to sit around and do nothing.

"I do have extra time" he replies but I don't do nothing. I use that extra time to educate myself, meditate, read, play, paint, and write.

"So how do you keep your body in such great condition?"

The secret is in the Intensity.

I complete my workout as fast and as Intense as possible. Almost as if there's a time bomb clicking away beside me forcing me to end my workout quickly before it goes BOOM.

That's one of the secrets, the others can be found here.

Sifu Martin

P.S. The moral behind the story is train smart, train fast and train with intensity.
    This story makes no sense and it gives me a big headache.