223859 Bullies, 3875 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2212
Page 108 of 222 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 1:49am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not quite sure how to introduce this. It's a clip from the masterpiece film "Deaden", formerly known as "Painkiller". Make sure to watch to the very end........ (get it?) BTW for those who don't know the Patenaudes were co-producers on this gem.

http://ca.YouTube - Deaden - clip - pool cue
    Last edited by andrewa; 5/03/2008 7:14pm at . Reason: Clarification

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 7:33am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    i phailed at picture uploading
    Should have worked.

http://img63731.pictiger.com/images/15131116/
    Last edited by Askari; 5/03/2008 7:37am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 8:08am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the Good ol' FSD blog disagrees on the losing business part, they are apparently looking to expand to Europe. and let's be frank, they may well be successful over there as they are here. They have a very good business formula. a mix of traditional (having to salute all the time) + firewalk and other personal development gimmick + a good fitness program + "sanshou and mma" + too deadly to compete.

"
    I can't see them doing well in Europe. There are no immediate family members to take over clubs opened by other people nearby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 10:48am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chump
    Askari has a point.. everyone cries that MMA fights aren't allowed in Ontario but if you have some thugs holding events without it being sanctioned it doesn't help the cause. I wouldn't even give it a second thought if it weren't for the fact that all it takes is a fsd student to pop an elbow get knocked out cold .. with no medical staff present and then it just give the government more ammunition for their stance on prize fighting and unsanctioned tournaments and justifiably so
    True, but the CJA and that other sanctioning body suck donkey cock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2008 1:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.fangshendo.com/blog/

as per blog

''Today was awesome.

Me, Sijo and our team trained lots of different styles today. From Shootfighting, Kickboxing, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, Boxing, Muay Thai, Karate, etc...

Everyone has an open mind and they are there to learn.

One observation is the need for speed development and fluidity.

We focused on that today and we're already forging friendships with guys in Norway and England and should be going back there later this year.

Tomorrow we'll focus on weapon work. Something most people here are not trained in and are looking forward to learn this skill.

What does Fang Shen Do have in store in the futur?

Many alliances around the globe with professional, open minded school owners.

No one complains here. No whiners.

It's nice to get feedback. Tangible, measurable feedback from masters & students from other styles. People we don't know who are complimenting us on our speed, explosiveness, energy and power.

There's alot of assholes on the net, people who like to bash us but over 350 people can't be wrong, these students of martial arts have been around for a long time, trained with champions and know the good stuff from the bad.

It just strengthens our resolve to keep pushing ahead and sharing what we know and knowing that what we do deserves to be right up there with the rest of the top guys around the world.''

i don't think they get what this thread is about.

most people who've trained with Sifu's from FSD agree that they are in good shape, explosive, fast. This has been mentioned before, many times.

that's not the issue here.

it's about the FALSE CLAIMS. (sJP mastered indian arts? does he mean yoga?)
    it's about the flagrant MCDOJO practice.
    it's about teaching something that you are not QUALIFIED TO TEACH (MMA, Sanshou. and who taught kendo to sMP?).
    it's about LARPing and pretending that it's self defense. NONE OF THE TAKEDOWNS/ESCAPES THAT YOU TEACH IS APPLICLABLE ON A RESISTING/STRONGER OPPONENT. it's a big waste of time!!

what is this MA convention that they went to?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2008 2:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing that amazes me is the years of how we are the best and **** everything else. Everyone sucks .. BJJ sucks Muay Thai Sucks , Karate Sucks .. but now they are realizing that there are only a few of the Fangers that are good ( mainly just the family and a few others)
    Now they are all about how great it is to train with others .
    This is their way to save their reputation and at the same time acknowledge the fact that they don't have the answers to every fighting situation and at the same time be able to take some techniques and call it their own.

Look soon for their new book .. Fang shen do Greco Roman Wrestling, Fang shen Jitsu , and of course fang shen savate .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2008 2:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chump
    Look soon for their new book .. Fang shen do Greco Roman Wrestling, Fang shen Jitsu , and of course fang shen savate .
    Did you miss it? They're already doing that, it's "Patenaude's Martial Arts".

As for only a few being good, research indicates that while they are strong and fast and athletic, even the 'good' ones don't have much in the way of skill.

It kinda sucks, cuz I was just starting to be proud of my hidden San Shou skills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2008 8:34pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what is this MA convention that they went to?
    See here: http://www.worldkobudo.info/news.php

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 7:10am

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the WKF revamped their website, membership used to be by sending in some money, now you to contact them to apply for membership. Any opinions on Therien's WKF?

Now, FSD seem to be trying to milk bring a WKF for as much they can (but notice how they didn't mention it was a WKF event, but some mysterious european ma conference...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 8:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i looked at at the pictures from the WKF site.

looks heavily larp oriented stuff.