228279 Bullies, 4807 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2222
Page 106 of 223 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 8:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey frostsedfakes

are you a former fanger?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 11:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    former fanger and I left when I saw how good their marketing was but that marketing was their passion not martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can you detail us about your experience at FSD? like how long you trained, what sash you obtained, what you liked/disliked.

do give us your objective review of FSD. and how did you find this site?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 7:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got to yellow stripe and stopped.

I found bullshido when after taking muay thai I realized how useless FSD was in comparison and how insanely expensive. I felt like I was just going to a high priced gym. I have little to add that already hasn't been said but their reputation is well known in Ottawa as being a money grab.

I do find it funny how FSDers come onto here either as owners or as puppets to try to sweet this stuff under the rug but it isn't possible. The way they handled themselves on this forum shows why I left and why I would never recommend them to anybody else. I would have to imagine that the knowledge is making it's way to their students and they are losing business. Why else would they bother spending time on these forums when they obviously have better things to do with their time.

There were too many red flags and questions marks that came up like why is there a picture of Bruce Lee at the school yet he is never mentioned? Why does Sijo not teach anymore? Why are students indirectly told to not question anything? Why was my technique never corrected and I would have to ask about something? Why is it that I miss time nobody calls me but when my membership fees are up I get a very timely phone call? Why do things seem to get more and more expensive like I have to buy Fang Shen Do shoes, shirts, grades, sashes, weapons, DVDs, books, seminars. Why did that sifu get his ass kicked by the muay thai guy? Why are students split up into BBC and regular as if it was a cult? What happened to the owner of the school outside of Toronto and why did he leave? Why is FSD the #1 search at yellowpages.ca?

So many questions that I just don't think can be answered well. These epic threads and the way they have been handled speak loudly on their own. Now I wonder if I am going to get a call or have my tires slashed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 9:00pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Frostedfakes,

Thanks for replying to the thread - it's always good to get yet another perspective from a former student.

I wonder, though, how it is that you were able to come to the (albiet, correct) conclusions regarding your training in Fang Shen Do so quickly.

Being a yellow stripe, you would have only seen a "taste" of the Bullshido that FSD had to offer.

At yellow stripe, you wouldn't have yet seen Lin Sil Die Dar or been pressured to attend the training camp...among other things pushed on the more intermediate ranks. When I obtained my yellow stripe, I was still drinking deeply from the cup of kool-aid! So deeply in fact, I almost considered looking into buying a franchise.

Good for you for opening your eyes so early on. Can you tell us when/where you trained?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 11:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the Good ol' FSD blog disagrees on the losing business part, they are apparently looking to expand to Europe. and let's be frank, they may well be successful over there as they are here. They have a very good business formula. a mix of traditional (having to salute all the time) + firewalk and other personal development gimmick + a good fitness program + "sanshou and mma" + too deadly to compete.

and Corvus, Lin Sil die Dar is taught to yellow sashes. Chi sao is from blue and up... i remember as a yellow "wow i can do chi sau when i get my blue! that stuff looks so awesome"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 11:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed they have a facebook group that looks rather small.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 11:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.torrentbar.com/torrent/22...%20Bruce%20lee

seriously who else would do this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 10:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frostedfakes
    I noticed they have a facebook group that looks rather small.
    how is this relevant?

they actually have at least 4 groups on facebook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 10:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanger123
    how is this relevant?

they actually have at least 4 groups on facebook.
    Now that we've snarfed all the pics, take a look at the Toronto Annex fb group for some AWESOME grappling images. My favourite is the foot-to-the-face armbar defence.