228233 Bullies, 4312 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2222
Page 105 of 223 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 4:01pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chump
    I don't know if anyone has taken a look into the legality of FSD's sanshou tournament

It falls directly under this Ontario law stating that it is illegal to :
    Engage in a fight that has been pre arranged
    Promote it
    be a backer or a referee / judge

If some wants to make a lot of problems for the orginization here is your ammo.. hell they even posted pictures and advertized for their tournament
    Its typicall of them to go and do something to get a few thousand dollars for a day of watching their students fight without looking into any sort of legality .
    You are absolutely correct. Any competition in Ontario that is not properly sanctioned is illegal.

If the event involves grappling has to be sanctioned by the CJA. This event obviously involved grappling and was not listed on the CJA website as being sanctioned, ipso facto, it was an illegal tournament.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 7:59am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    You are absolutely correct. Any competition in Ontario that is not properly sanctioned is illegal.

If the event involves grappling has to be sanctioned by the CJA. This event obviously involved grappling and was not listed on the CJA website as being sanctioned, ipso facto, it was an illegal tournament.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Does anyone have accounts, print or internet ads or video of the tournament?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 9:14am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari

As much as I dislike the money grubbing antics, insanity and the skillsets that were being taught to FSD students when I was there, I can't fault them for competing, even internally. I disagree with the interpretation of the law myself, and I am not getting into the 'call bylaw on your neighbour' business.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 9:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    As much as I dislike the money grubbing antics, insanity and the skillsets that were being taught to FSD students when I was there, I can't fault them for competing, even internally. I disagree with the interpretation of the law myself, and I am not getting into the 'call bylaw on your neighbour' business.
    I'm with you. I completely disagree with the way that this law is being interpreted in Ontario.

The problem here is that there is a huge lobbying effort going on to change the interpretations, illegal tournaments bring discredit on us all.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 10:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Askari has a point.. everyone cries that MMA fights aren't allowed in Ontario but if you have some thugs holding events without it being sanctioned it doesn't help the cause. I wouldn't even give it a second thought if it weren't for the fact that all it takes is a fsd student to pop an elbow get knocked out cold .. with no medical staff present and then it just give the government more ammunition for their stance on prize fighting and unsanctioned tournaments and justifiably so

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 10:22am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    I disagree with the interpretation of the law myself, and I am not getting into the 'call bylaw on your neighbour' business.
    Agreed. I don't think it's a good idea to speculate about legality of specific events on this board. I don't think it's proper to mention the possibility of doing something that might interfere with an event. I believe it is better for this discussion to maintain its focus on unsubstantiated claims, value for money, style/technique and recent developments.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 10:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Placeholder

Last edited by Askari; 4/25/2008 10:26am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2008 12:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am shocked at how large these FSD threads have become, epic!

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 7:58am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frostedfakes
    I am shocked at how large these FSD threads have become, epic!
    I am not sure why you are shocked. Fang Shen Do / Fang Shen Sanshou / Patenaude Modern Wing Chun / Patenaude Whatever-Crap-We-Are-Trying-To-Unload-On-You-This-Week have provided quite a bit of information to work with. They are constantly trying to foist their bullshit on unwitting consumers. They change their name and change their "skill" set (in quotation marks as skill, IMHO, denotes some expertise which the Fang Shen Do camp does not have) as often as a snake changes its skin.

At least they keep the cool dragon logo.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 8:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanshou what the f when did they start doing this?

Anybody see their facebook group? Such a small following on there and people posting like classes are amazing.