228360 Bullies, 4336 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2222
Page 103 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 9:58am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More Credit than Due

Quote Originally Posted by chump
    well i doubt that he just did a few seminars with James Demile. I pesonally seen a book in Toronto at a Martial arts store on Young St. It had James Demiles's power punch book and Jaques Patenaude was in the book. So I'll call you out on that . but on that note JP's book is a complete copy of James' book nearly 100%.
    Yah, but Demile says otherwise. jp just happened to be at Sedro Wooley at the "ranch" for a seminar when JD wanted to clean up his earlier editions of the book (booklet???) . Jim Clarke, John Beall, Jim Clark , Paul Chessar, or any of the other guys could have easily been in jp's place. Check the publishing date on the book (Demile's) and the date of the that big certification seminar.

While I'm at it, jp wasn't a happy camper with himself. From the the time he started at the church (which he quit, and left his half dozen or so students hanging) to the time he started to be scrutinized by Bullshido, he was a frustrated, emotionally unbalanced man, who wanted to keep wcd/2000/mwc/fsd to himself, and was unable to get along with anyone else in the Ottawa martial arts community.

Now I see a picture of him with Therien. His social skills have improved. His worries about money and success certainly reflected in his need to be seen as someone important. As the_joker indirectly pointed out, nowadays GOD is seldom seen by the flock. He only shows up for those special moments (seminars ala cash) thus ensuring that only the converted are in attendance. We have heard the stories of how he melts down in front of group of strangers. He has a problem with talking to strangers about anything (with that stupid cross his arms and rub his goatee thing hw does), unless he pitches himself or his beloved, imaginary fsd. Yet he doesn't hesitate to intimidate and vent on a paying student in front of a class when he is having a neurotic moment.

Screw it, I'm rambling. I hope I actually said something here!

Old1o1
    Suffering from low serotonin levels.
    Must be happy... must be happy

ps. If anyone has a copy of Demile's or jp's 1 @ 3 inch punch, let me know if there is an ISBN number on them. Thanks!

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 11:33am

Style: Former FSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'd put money on them in nearly every fight they go in just cause of the speed strength and how they train. .
    I think you would lose your money. There is little fight experience there. The Fang Shen Do camp points to fights by Patric Marcil and Scott Hill as examples of their fighting prowess. Those fights have been repeated topics of discussion on the Fang Shen Do threads on Bullshido. Scott Hill won. Patric Marcil lost. The Fang Shen Do camp claims they both won, but there is no evidence to support their claims. You can find some kickboxing-type fights on YouTube with Fangers fighting at some sort of competition. I wouldn't call the YouTube fights hardcore competition.

Kudos to Fang Shen Do for stepping outside of their comfort zone and actually going to some competitions. Having said that, until they are doing it on a regular basis it means little. This business with Therien suggests they are getting a little more serious about how and what they train, but again the optics of ths situation are not important. We'll see what they do with it.

Back to your betting. I would suggest that if a Fang Shen Do student were pitted against a guy from Bob Carver's, Oama, GAMMA, Roning, or TriStar with the same number of years of training that the Fang Shen Do student would lose. I don't think to date that anyone has questioned the fitness level of the FSD guys, especially the head instructors. The question is about the effectiveness of their training and that has been questioned from the beginning.

Further, there are plenty of out of shape people at Fang Shen DO. Good on those people for trying to do something to lose weight and be active. There were very overweight people there who were well above their white sash who couldn't do ten push ups if you asked them to. Some people were doing wall push ups. Again, good on them for doing something to help themselves, but there were plenty of people promoted along that had very little fitness and wouldn't be able to fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 11:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Things must be tough in the Jacques Patenaude household. He traded down from a BMW to a Nissan Murano.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 3:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Green guy.. i agree with most of your points .. I doubt that any student in fsd would be able to handle a student from the schools you mentioned and I include 99% of the instructors. Hence my comment about the immediate family. They do train hard and fight well ( only stand up though ) I have many doubts about their grappling.

I WOULD NOT bet on any person out of the immediate family cause I highly doubt that they train anywhere near to the level as Martin Steph Patrick the the youngest son

Posted On:
    4/18/2008 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I WOULD NOT bet on any person out of the immediate family cause I highly doubt that they train anywhere near to the level as Martin Steph Patrick the the youngest son
    I thought that was what you were aiming at. Throughout the Fang Shen Do threads there are references to the fact that the Fang Shen Do boys + Patric + Scott are well trained, fit, athletic guys. I think at this point Sijo is probably a joke. Linda - well don't get me started there. And Christine; well lets say its good she got the looks in the family. But the boys are all well trained and determined.

Over and over people, myself included, have simply said that it would be nice to see some of the head guys compete. It is awesome, in my mind, that Scott and Pat did go and fight no matter how contrived the event was. They got into a ring and fought. I want to see more. I want to see the first family of Fang Shen Do put their money where their bragadocious mouths are and fight. I want them to shed their bullshit excuse about Fang Shen Do being for "real life" and for the deadly street and show how effective their art is.

The longer I stayed, the more I realized their stuff was ****. I would love them to show me wrong.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/19/2008 5:33am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to some posters on Bullshido, this is true unless they fight someone with a whitebelt in BJJ.

You havent read the threads have you?

I would not be immensely surprised if some members of the family have got the full message of bullshido and begun to train real Martial Arts, and as a result in the last few years gained real ability.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 5:23am

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

couldn't resist

Shot at 2008-04-19

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good stuff!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 5:08pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn...i mean just... damn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2008 9:37pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by studbolt
    Damn...i mean just... damn
    Trust me studbolt, this thread is not even the half of it. Check out FSD Part I and Part II ("The Fangshizzle"), plus the FSD Sordid History threads for a more complete docu-drama.