Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 1:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: no-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't buy it. It bears repeating: nothing you eat changes your body's pH. Nothing. Your urine's pH might chance a little, but nothing else.

If you want to try how does it feel when your blood pH changes, take a deep breath and hold it for a few minutes. The increased amount of carbon dioxide in your blood will make it more acidic than anything else will.

And someone please explain what are these "acid-forming compounds"? Amino acids? (lol)

Also, all these nutrients, acidic or not, will get to the kidneys via blood vessels. I fail to see how these acid components can have any noticeable "load" on the kidneys without showing any kind of pH change in the blood itself. And remember that if the pH of your blood changes, you die.

I'm having a hard time seeing how this would work. Aside from the fact that fruits and veggies are, gasp, good for you. You should eat more of them.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: no-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    Now to me, it seems viable that by ingesting alkaline foods the body uses lower concentrations of nutrients to maintain the optimum PH level. Knowing this, does it seem so far-fetched that an alkaline diet can aid recovery and energy levels, being that calcium and glutamine are partly responsible for energy metabolism and recovery, respectively?
    Yes it seems viable.

Aside from the fact that eating acidic/alkaline foods doesn't have an effect on your body's pH balance.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234