Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Your body balances your PH for you. A very slight change in your body's PH can/will kill you. This nonsense about modifying your PH levels for training is crap.

Waugaman's sleep problems can be attributed to a wide variety of problems; ranging from psychological to chemological reasons. She sounds like she bit on to the first anecdotal reference that she could find about improving her sleep and went with it.

Chances are if it's a nutritional issue, it has to do with the fact her diet is lacking the needed fats and carbohydrates for a correct balance. Protein is an inefficient energy source, this is why the body needs correct amounts of F & C. Otherwise the nutritional limiting factor is slammed in to and people wonder why they feel an array of different maladies.

In essence, the fitness model and bodybuilder diet sucks and is unhealthy.

Show us scientific studies on the PH issue if you want it to be taken seriously.
    This is the type of elaborate explanations I'm looking for.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 11:09pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to say it but I agree with Equipoise. It would be fine and dandy if we could balance our ph levels but we can't. It just happens inside of us.

The realm of Bullshido, hwile most pertinent to martial arts, extends to things that affect us, like "Warrior Diets" and so on. What degrees do these people have coming up with these diets? What have they studied, whats their experience, what studies do they have to back them up?

Ill stick to the Mayo Health Clinic newsletter I get in the mail, it gives studies and has science to back it up.

Most of these hollistic things SOUND good. They make sense in our heads. Too bad what makes sense to you just isnt right because we dont know everything that is going on. Remember, Greeks (or Romans, whatever) used to think that viens carried piss and air to the body. It sounded good, it made sense to them. You breathe in air, it must travel through something. But it wasnt right.

Show us studies and tests otherwise its crap, just like Aikido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 11:35pm

Style: Boxing & Submissions

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    And what's wrong with a fitness model giving advice on health for those on a high-protein diet?

And what constitutes a balanced diet, in particular, a balanced diet appropriate for athletes?

--- EDIT ---

BTW, many doctors and nutritionists don't buy into the Ph diet, which is why I said "take it with a grain of salt". This doesn't neglect, however, the annectodal evidence that there is something in it that it's beneficitial, in particular for those in a high-protein diet.
    Fitness models destroy their bodies as a matter of course in their quest for a physical ideal. Read this and tell me fitness models are healthy:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1132766

A balanced diet is a diet that contains, at a minimum, each of the major macronutrients at a reasonable ratio. You'll know if you're not following one, because you'll feel like utter ****. Or you might just be a fitness model. As I said, you really have to go out of your way to mangle your diet to make pH changes that can affect your health. Or be suffering from major organ failure.

Finally, taking other peoples' anecdotal evidence seriously is a fast path to throwing chi balls, buying gasoline improver pills and a billion other things that simply don't work.

EDIT: fixed a spelling mistake :karated:
    Last edited by death pig; 6/26/2007 1:38am at .

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by death pig
    Fitness models destroy their bodies as a matter of course in their quest for a physical ideal. Read this and tell me fitness models are healthy:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1132766

A balanced diet is a diet that contains, at a minimum, each of the major macronutrients at a reasonable ratio. You'll know if you're not following one, because you'll feel like utter ****. Or you might just be a fitness model. As I said, you really have to go out of your way to mangle your diet to make pH changes that can effect your health. Or be suffering from major organ failure.

Finally, taking other peoples' anecdotal evidence seriously is a fast path to throwing chi balls, buying gasoline improver pills and a billion other things that simply don't work.

Is there an echo in here...?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 11:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Is there an echo in here...?
    He asked me to elaborate on my earlier post which was before yours.

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 1:18am

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ---------------------------Your body balances your PH for you. A very slight change in your body's PH can/will kill you. This nonsense about modifying your PH levels for training is crap.-------------

thats completely exagerated. yes an altered PH level will make you sick and can kill you, but its not nearly that simple.

ill try to put this in simple terms:
    everytime your body needs to make up for some deficiancy or surplus, it will get sick in some way. the PH level of your blood is controled by many factors, but the kidneys for example play a large roll. when your kidneys need to fix it, they can be overstressed or injured by doing so.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 1:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fedeykin
    ill try to put this in simple terms:
    everytime your body needs to make up for some deficiancy or surplus, it will get sick in some way. the PH level of your blood is controled by many factors, but the kidneys for example play a large roll. when your kidneys need to fix it, they can be overstressed or injured by doing so.
    And unless your diet is completely ill-advised, the foods you eat will not contribute to altering your blood pH in any significant way. Your time and energy are much better spent working on your training or diet in any number of more tangible ways.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 7:51am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by death pig
    He asked me to elaborate on my earlier post which was before yours.
    Thank you. :occasion1
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 1:09pm

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -----------------And unless your diet is completely ill-advised, the foods you eat will not contribute to altering your blood pH in any significant way. Your time and energy are much better spent working on your training or diet in any number of more tangible ways.-------------

beleive it or not a lot of people eat in a completely ill-advised manner.
    there are also many other factors besides just food.

heres an ok article about it that i found on google: http://www.ionizers.org/acidosis.html

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The statements enclosed herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your family doctor.
    Get some actual sources and come back. Beleza?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast