Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Society, Culture and Martial Arts

I'm doing a paper on the affect Martial arts has on individual like the values and skills taught to individuals, not just fighting skills, and how these individuals apply the skills to benefit society.
    i was wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about it

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 8:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For millions of years of human evolution humans have evolved to be killers. Modern society with it's law and order shields people from being able to express their natural killer instinct. Factory slaughterhouses and laser guided bombs are just some of the ways we are shielded by violence. The instinct to kill manifests itself itself as murder, crime, and deviant sexuality.

Martial arts and the sport fighting competition that has evolved from it is a way of satisfying a man's killer instinct in a relatively safe and constructive manner.

poser

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 8:36pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. There are no values unique and specific to the martial arts, just as there are no values specific to rugby or track & field.
    2. There are, however, values which are important to martial arts. These include a high level of respect for oneself and others, integrity, discipline, goal-setting, and dedication. The applications of these skills are obvious.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by p00rusan
    I'm doing a paper on the affect Martial arts has on individual like the values and skills taught to individuals, not just fighting skills, and how these individuals apply the skills to benefit society.
    i was wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about it
    I think you either need to pick another topic for a paper...or seriously limit the scope of the issues you want to research. In other words...your topic is WAY TOO VAGUE.

Why don't you pick a single martial art instead of trying to make 100's of different arts fit into your paper?