Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what i here though the fighters get a bonus if they knock there opponent out with a head kick

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Oh wow.

Seriously?
    IIF, those WCL dudes have some really cool kicking **** going. I saw one of them dropping his opponent with a inward crescent kick/axe kick thing (which ended up landing on the back of his head), and another guy doing a flying roundhouse kick (while doing almost a full split).
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 6/12/2007 9:31am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a reasonable number of knockouts from the MT/KB stylists, there are a bunch of TKD people in there that are still doing slappy knee kicks (IE, kicking by using their knee to extend the leg) that don't have any KO power behind them. There are certainly some decent strikers on the show though and I expect some of them to transition into bigger MMA shows at some point.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it is unwatchable. That f-ing ring alone drives me nuts. You get these big tough looking guys then you see them throw these ridiculous punches and kicks...We already have a stand up fighting program in K-1.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:29am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warasak
    From what i here though the fighters get a bonus if they knock there opponent out with a head kick
    I mean it isn't the worse thing I've seen. They do throw hard but, it is asking for trouble. I watched a highlight video. I have now looked at some of the other videos.

At least they didn't call it Extreme Point Sparring because, that's all it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:32am

Style: Aikido/Judo/BJJ/Naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    I think it is unwatchable. That f-ing ring alone drives me nuts. You get these big tough looking guys then you see them throw these ridiculous punches and kicks...We already have a stand up fighting program in K-1.
    I too found it impossible to watch. I think it's trying to pander to the whole uneducated MMA fan who just likes to watch people slug it out. But I'm definitely not that person so I can't watch it.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    I mean it isn't the worse thing I've seen. They do throw hard but, it is asking for trouble. I watched a highlight video. I have now looked at some of the other videos.

At least they didn't call it Extreme Point Sparring because, that's all it is.
    Hahahaha, right on the money :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Flyweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    But good God, what the **** was Chuck Norris thinking when he added teams???? Fight teams are fucking stupid.
    Personally I like the idea of teams, I think it'll help bring more attention to the smaller guys. I think the rest of it is total **** though.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:35am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's one of the better venues for Female fighters to get some exposure. The best fights in a given show are almost ALWAYS the women.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah but they are hot cuz they never take it hard in the face

yes, the sexual innuendo was intentional
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast