Posted On:
    6/11/2007 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting.

This is the link to CNN: http://www.cnn.com/

This is the link to Disneyland: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...omePage&bhcp=1

Did you have a point? :new_sleep
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

poser

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 5:40pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.kuksoolwon.com/ + http://zombo.com/ = http://www.koammudo.com/index.html

Beyond that, is there a good reason for this being in MABS? At least direct us to the part that makes you think it's BS.

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 12:57pm

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The Founding Grand Masters are four of the most respected and capable martial arts experts in the world.

They have trained tens of thousands Black Belts, Masters and Grandmasters all over the world in addition to professional athletes, movie stars, instructors of special forces, law enforcement and CIA.

They have spent their entire lives dedicated to mastering Martial Arts and helping others."

Also they made this statement "# No more Black Belt stagnation, training actually intensifies at Black Belt level
    # Take your martial arts skill to the next level
    # Learn the dynamite curriculum that keeps even your most restless students excited and progressing
    # Learn an extensive curriculum to teach even your most advanced students
    # Focus on developing real, effective self defense skills, personal development and physical fitness". They made these claims about there seminars, well I'm a black belt and they have began teaching us "hapkido"(through seminars) and the first thing the teach us are wrist escapes that are not trained alive and a underhand knife defense and the funny thing is they swear that it is a great method of self defense. we learned only 4 things in the total two hours of training.. i always thought if you were gonna go around and teach hapkido seminars wouldnt you at teach simple effective techniques not a wrist lock escape that has 7 steps befor you. The scary part about this is theese guys swear they can defend themselves on the street they even compared there style to MMA. These people are gonna hurt some because all there doing is spreading a false sense of abillity and confidence.

poser

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 1:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That doesn't look like bullshit to me. Except for the self-defence skills part, I don't see how they are defrauding anyone.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 1:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's called bad marketing.

What style do you do?

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToUnderstand
    "The Founding Grand Masters are four of the most respected and capable martial arts experts in the world.

They have trained tens of thousands Black Belts, Masters and Grandmasters all over the world in addition to professional athletes, movie stars, instructors of special forces, law enforcement and CIA.

They have spent their entire lives dedicated to mastering Martial Arts and helping others."
    This, sadly, is pretty standard marketing crap. It seems like everyone feels the need to make their history "sexy". It doesn't mean that their teaching is BS though - it may just be business BS.

Also they made this statement "# No more Black Belt stagnation, training actually intensifies at Black Belt level
    Do you disagree? I don't have a black belt in anything, but I've always heard that in many martial arts, you don't really start learning/working until you hit black belt. Everything before that is just a warm-up. I certainly hope that training intensifies at the black belt level.

# Focus on developing real, effective self defense skills, personal development and physical fitness".
    Again, that sound like typical marketing mumbo jumbo.

They made these claims about there seminars, well I'm a black belt
    What is your black belt in?

i always thought if you were gonna go around and teach hapkido seminars wouldnt you at teach simple effective techniques not a wrist lock escape that has 7 steps befor you.
    Just to play devils advocate, if you wanted to learn effective techniques, why would you take hapkido?

The scary part about this is theese guys swear they can defend themselves on the street they even compared there style to MMA. These people are gonna hurt some because all there doing is spreading a false sense of abillity and confidence.
    Who are they marketing these courses to? Was everyone a black belt?

If you're a black belt and you thought the seminar was teaching bullshit, did you speak up and say so? If you are a well trained martial artist and you encounter someone teaching what you think is Bullshido and putting people at risk, I would hope you would say somethng to their face rather than just complaining about them on the internet.

I'm 90% sure you're just a troll, but I suppose its possible that this story is true and you're really just spineless. Either way, I give you a 2/10.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 3:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're a black belt and you thought the seminar was teaching bullshit, did you speak up and say so? If you are a well trained martial artist and you encounter someone teaching what you think is Bullshido and putting people at risk, I would hope you would say somethng to their face rather than just complaining about them on the internet.
    Good point.

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 7:57pm

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First i am a black belt in WTF TKD a 1st degree, i also take a few classes a month of combat submission wrestling to help me over all. The seminars in question are given to blue belts and above. blue belts being people that had at least 30 months of training, but most the participants were black belts. To answer your question i did stand up and question the instructor on how these techniques are effective in a live situation, his response being "these techniques are just the foundation later on you will learn more effective self defence techniques." he dodged my question entirely then when i was going to confront him after the fact he said to the class he had to teach another class. I may have been spineless and if this is trolling please forgive me, i am a newb im trying to learn to spot BS and working to become a better martial artist as a whole. thank you for your criticism.
    Last edited by ToUnderstand; 6/14/2007 1:19am at .

poser

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 5:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToUnderstand
    First i am a black belt in WTF TKD a 1st degree, i also take a few classes a month of combat submission wrestling to help me over all. The seminars in question are given to blue belts and above. blue belts being people that had at least 30 months of training, but most the participants were black belts. To answer your question i did stand up and question the instructor on how these techniques are effective in a live situation, his response being "these techniques are just the foundation later on you will learn more effective self defence techniques." he dodged my question entirely then when i was going to confront him after the fact he said to the class he had to teach another class. I may have been spineless and if this is trolling please forgive me, i am a newb im trying to learn to spot BS and working to become a better martial artist as a whole. thank you for your criticism.
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly did you ask him?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast