Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sideshow magic passed off as Dim Mak

This ninja is showing off how strong his fingers have to be in order to do Dim Mak.

Yes, it takes some practice and skill. Yes, the trap is real. Problem is, this is just a trick/feat. I just saw this performed at a magician's meeting here in Portland last month. The guy did this and then he escaped from a straight jacket. Anyway, it does sicken me to see someone take the art of sideshow and turn it into a con to get people to buy ninja instruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3y3B4cls0
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the voice tone of the masked "Ninja" in nthe youtube clip he did not seem to be serious anyway.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's Ashida Kim, he actually claims this stuff to be indicative of his ninja powers.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A bullshido member and former trapper informs me that size trap simply won't break your fingers. He says it hurts a little but the only "trick" here is not showing any pain.

I replied to the video and said if he would be specific about the brand and size of the trap, I'd replicate the feat and he deleted the comment.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 6/07/2007 2:40pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not surprising that he'd delete any intelligent posts. The same guy has posted a vid of Ashida Kim levitating and, horribly, performing sleight of hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3tJHuZDIo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure this has been on Bullshido before. Or maybe I've just seen it before. Either way, it's just a silly magic trick.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a chinese kung fu movie bow at the end. I find that hilarious.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He should try just sticking one finger in the trap and see how that turns out for him.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This skssystems guy has been posting many Ashida Kim videos. He also praises Kim for continuing Count Dante's legacy. It's pathetic.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually a graduate of the Sideshow School put on by Coney Island USA here in Brooklyn. The animal trap is a standard performance in most sideshow folks collection, though most people are smart enough not to do it. It does hurt but it isn't dangerous to the skeleton.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last