Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 5:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I caught my toe between two mats when I got hurled by my instructor and think it either broke or sprained (I've broke the same toe sooo many times it's pretty much just fragments held together by meat) and I didn't stop training, so now I have a heel injury on the other foot to go with it.
    Yes, I'm dumb.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 5:25am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    I caught my toe between two mats when I got hurled by my instructor and think it either broke or sprained (I've broke the same toe sooo many times it's pretty much just fragments held together by meat) and I didn't stop training, so now I have a heel injury on the other foot to go with it.
    Yes, I'm dumb.
    No, you're brave.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 5:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    No, you're brave.
    OK, but only if you mean brave as in foolhardy, reckless and dumb.

I also had an ingrowing toenail for years, so I can sympathise... Mine healed eventually (couple of years, took the nail clean off a couple of times, lots of infection, yummy) but about a year after it was ok, I had to run somewhere and I felt a twinge. Fearing the worst, I had a look, and found a small lump under the skin next to the toe. I gave it a prod and it came through the skin. I ended up extracting a 10mm length of what I can only guess was hardened infection juice. Sweet.

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 6:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ( I'm pretty much done with breakfast after that.) Taping the toes together will let you get back to practice. For a while you will feel every little bump though. Sore big toes just suck though and they seem to invite people to step, kick, and sweep them. Good luck with that.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 6:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread needs not pictures, but movies...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The toe did ok, only had one flash of pain. I'm gonna buy some tape for it and keep using a hot water bottle. I'm almost ready to start running again I think.

I've had friends with ingrown nails. Shitty deal.

Fucking toes are nothing but liabilities I tell ya! Time to amputate the fuckers.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 1:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    ...Fucking toes are nothing but liabilities I tell ya! Time to amputate the fuckers.
    My words, my words...
    I've already asked my surgeon whether it's possible to walk without them and he told me it is.
    I'm really thinking about it - after all, it would only require a single surgical operation to stop the problem forever, instead of the ever-reoccurring stupid nails, which gets me to hospital repeatedly and to no use... :angry1::icon_cry::qleft5:

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

" - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 7:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When your driving into a throw, your toes become very useful. A painful stump would suck as well. I think you should just take a lot of pain killers and hang on to the painful devils. When they don't hurt you will learn to appreciate them again.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 7:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sub-Grappling/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've sprained my big toe recently and fractured my little toe on the same foot at the same time so I feel your pain man. Rolling sucked, just posturing up would kill my toe. Training would end with me limping out the gym door with my toes being a swollen mangled stump or sometimes not even finishing the session. I've found that buddy taping my toes helped a little but with a fair bit of pressure down on it(like say another person's weight when they sprawl), it would still roll and hurt like hell.

BUT once I purchased a pair of decent wrestling shoes and also buddy-taped my toes ( don't forget to put some gauze in between the toes to stop rubbing )I could roll with 100% intensity and my shots were a little bit quicker thanks to the grip of the shoes too.

Hopefully your gym will allow you to wear the shoes on the mats. And before you ask, they don't really get in the way as much as you'd think. You'll also get real good at spotting and dodging leg-locks and when/if my toes heal I'd probably still wear the shoes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12