Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 1:15pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SBGi, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My guess is that it's filled with either sand or a combination of rags and sand. One of the Everlast bags we had at the school gym was filled with that combo. It started off nice enough, but over time the sand settled to the bottom and the rags were displaced up so we got an ultralight, ultrasoft top with a solid sand bottom 2/3 or so. It definitely made for a rude surprise for anyone who started off with a punch/low kick combination: jab (nice soft bag), cross (oooh, so soft and yielding), kick (OUCH!).

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 2:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, looks like it's filled with the filings of an alien obelisk, nothing to see here.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 11:58pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's usually saw dust.

i've hit bags like that. there's the tiniest bit of give and then it feels like you're kicking a damn tree.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everlast bags are filled with a plutonium core rod, then surrounded by a lead casing. After this, an outer shell of adamantium is added. These bags were designed by an alien civilization, so that whenever one is struck, the materials send out a harmonic "bell" into the heavens to alert them to the strength of our fighters.
    The strongest of our warriors are abducted and made to fight in a hellish alien gladiatorial arena to the death. Survivors are pitted against Chuck Liddell, Superman, Elvis, Chuck Norris, and a Yeti of their choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 9:50pm

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MALibrarian
    My guess is that it's filled with either sand or a combination of rags and sand. One of the Everlast bags we had at the school gym was filled with that combo. It started off nice enough, but over time the sand settled to the bottom and the rags were displaced up so we got an ultralight, ultrasoft top with a solid sand bottom 2/3 or so. It definitely made for a rude surprise for anyone who started off with a punch/low kick combination: jab (nice soft bag), cross (oooh, so soft and yielding), kick (OUCH!).
    My own everlast bag did this. I got a friend to give me his, thinking it was just mine, but low and behold, the same thing happened again.

Damn you everlast!

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    6/15/2007 3:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha goddamn, so the soft spot on my shin from kicking the bag met up with it's good friend Mr. Knee tonight, and it floored me. I didn't even kick that hard, but I honestly never have been in that much pain. It blew my mind how painful it was that I'm going in for X-rays because I'm worried about stress fractures.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/15/2007 7:52am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you were not wearing shin guards don't waste the money on an X-ray. A bruise right on the bone is insanely painful.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    6/15/2007 5:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    If you were not wearing shin guards don't waste the money on an X-ray. A bruise right on the bone is insanely painful.
    I was wearing pads though he wasn't. But I was using some shitty 1/2 inch foam century shinguards. I think I should invest in better plastic covered ones.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2007 8:52pm

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Everlast appears to want to keep that core a secret until the end of time. Maybe I'll dedicate my life to getting on the "inside", and divulging all of their filthy industry secrets.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123