Sponsored Links Spacer Image

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 8:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Everlast superleather - Worst heavy bag ever?

My gym just replaced their old everlast bag with this new one (after we tore the old one in half) http://store.everlastboxing.com/ever...ning-bags.html

At a first punch, it seems like your average 150 lb heavy bag, but as soon as you hit it several times or hit it hard, everything goes wrong. There's two bags in this design, and as soon as you go beyond the initial 3 inches of padding (as you will with a hard kick) you hit what must be a sack of fucking bricks or something. The problem is compounded when after hitting the bag in the same spot, the padding gets shifted around so that the inner bag of plutonium or lead or whatever gets shoved flush against the outer layer on the opposite side, so if you're going right hooks then left or right kicks than left, you get a very very nasty suprise when you go for the other side. I have never hit anything outside of a roadblock that felt like it on my shins, there is absolutely no give whatsoever and after one or two kicks, you are literally too bruised and in pain to continue the workout.

Anybody have experiences with these bags? Fucking awful, awful equipment.
    Last edited by feedback; 6/10/2007 5:58am at .
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 11:19pm

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The inner bag is lined with a 2" layer of poly-foam to provide extra protection and a soft feel."

Maybe you should ask the distributor if the definition of soft has changed substantially.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 11:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdavy
    "The inner bag is lined with a 2" layer of poly-foam to provide extra protection and a soft feel."

Maybe you should ask the distributor if the definition of soft has changed substantially.
    What the hell is the layer of foam AROUND . It says "layer "... which means .. there is something else under there . like ... plutonium .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 12:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I looked around to see what would likely be in the middle, and I've narrowed it down to either water or "miscellaneous materials" (the latter usually being packed wood chips or something of the like). I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume his shins could take a drubbing from water. Unfortunately, that makes it more likely that he was done in by chunks of tree.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Now, now, we are playing semantics here :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, apparently semantics can move their products, regardless of how many bones get shattered in the process. I am pretty curious to know what goes inside, though. I'd rip one apart, but I'm held back by two factors:

-Being poor
    -Not having the balls to steal one from the local gym solely for experimentation

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yeah I saw that on the site and scoffed... I'm very interested to know what they have inside the inner bag. The 2" of padding is indeed very soft, too soft, you will go right through it. It is quite a bit like kicking the trunk of a tree, I wonder if they have a log or something in there. I wonder if I emailed them, they'd tell me what they put in it.
    Last edited by feedback; 6/10/2007 1:16am at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    Yeah I saw that on the site and scoffed... I'm very interested to know what they have inside the inner bag.
    Why not open it up ? It can't be hard to make it look pretty again before it gets shipped back . Just pay attention to thread color and thickness if you have to cut seams or something .

If anyone asks what the hell you are doing tell them you want to know what the hell is trying to break your leg in that bag !
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Why not open it up ? It can't be hard to make it look pretty again before it gets shipped back . Just pay attention to thread color and thickness if you have to cut seams or something .

If anyone asks what the hell you are doing tell them you want to know what the hell is trying to break your leg in that bag !
    Well I'm moving up to Seattle in a couple of weeks so it won't be killing me that long, though there's still the other people that try and hit it... I'd love to know but somehow I think the recreation center would frown upon those sort of... shenanigans.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude throw some tabis , black sweat pants , gloves , a fanny pack , and a navu bluw hoody on and be jsut eb quiet abut it , use glaw sticks bcause they are harder to see frum a distance and must secrurity guides are damn near blind and don't care anuwas

Spoiler:

yeah go ahead and email them then I am curious to see how they respond

Quote Originally Posted by emailresponse

Dear Mr Monkey ,

I am sorry to inform you that officially there is nothing in the bag's core . If you continue to pursue this matter the proper authorities will be notified again .

Thank You and Sincerely

FEMA Director Assistant Secretarial Devision of Everlast Oversight for National Security ,

Peter R. Reporta
    great ... now I wish I had never asked ..
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/10/2007 1:49am at . Reason: good question I should have left bad enough alone
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast