• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 6:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello im kind of new here, Ive been doing aikido (brown belt) for some years now, must say its not perfect as mentioned before, but with training and time if can be satisfying, must say Ive used it few times on the streets and is not as flashy as people think you dont get to move the guy around you 6 times like some star wars aikidokas out there but I can say certainly works this of course depends on factors like momentum etc, also let us remember that it will never be the same to fight a martial artist than some mugger or just some stupid fight we may come across

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 6:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first comment no wars or assassination promises pls
    Last edited by berkoff62; 6/19/2009 6:45pm at .

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by berkoff62 View Post
    first comment no wars or assassination promises pls

I suggest you to stay in noobtown at least for 2 weeks. Lurk more and post less.

kthxbai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:46pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello im kind of new here, Ive been doing aikido (brown belt) for some years now, must say its not perfect as mentioned before, but with training and time if can be satisfying, must say Ive used it few times on the streets and is not as flashy as people think you dont get to move the guy around you 6 times like some star wars aikidokas out there but I can say certainly works this of course depends on factors like momentum etc, also let us remember that it will never be the same to fight a martial artist than some mugger or just some stupid fight we may come across
    How do you make aikido work against anything other than a completely telegraphed attack?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 5:21pm

Style: JJ/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just read this from the start... Jesus titty fucking Christ...

There that sums up my initial reaction.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 6:50pm

Style: Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always liked the explanation of Ki given by Fredrick Lovret in The Wat and the Power when he looks at what the word means and how it is used in the language and blows the BS right off of it.

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 11:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Makoa kali, Gracie JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ki Balls taste good with marinara sauce, little cheese--mmmmmm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 11:41am

Style: Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dangerous attitude

Chances are that mugger as been in lots of fights. I am troubled about your assumption that if you come across some stupid fight or if a mugger attacks you he or she does not have skill or is easier to beat. These sort of assumptions are dangerous things to make. As I am find of saying, when it is time to play "I bet my ass" I am playing for the whole thing and I am going to fight my opponent, any opponent like he is skilled and dangerous. But I was a supervisor in a psych crisis center and I've seen my staff getting schooled because they didn't think that a suicidal 15 year old girl was a threat. I don't post here that often but this one needed saying.

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 1:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chances are that mugger as been in lots of fights. I am troubled about your assumption that if you come across some stupid fight or if a mugger attacks you he or she does not have skill or is easier to beat. These sort of assumptions are dangerous things to make. As I am find of saying, when it is time to play "I bet my ass" I am playing for the whole thing and I am going to fight my opponent, any opponent like he is skilled and dangerous. But I was a supervisor in a psych crisis center and I've seen my staff getting schooled because they didn't think that a suicidal 15 year old girl was a threat. I don't post here that often but this one needed saying.
    I agree. Never assume an opponent is ever anything but a hardcore serious threat that knows how to hand you your ass it you go at it anything less than hardcore yourself. Take them out as rapidly and violently as possible.

Posted On:
    6/22/2010 11:32am

Style: Scientific

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello im kind of new here, Ive been doing aikido (brown belt) for some years now, must say its not perfect as mentioned before, but with training and time if can be satisfying, must say Ive used it few times on the streets and is not as flashy as people think you dont get to move the guy around you 6 times like some star wars aikidokas out there but I can say certainly works
    And dog-paddling "works" if you fall in the water, but it's not the best way to swim. Why not go with what works the best, rather than be a slave to a theory that doesn't? The answer, is wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Namor; 6/22/2010 11:37am at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast