223989 Bullies, 3904 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 81 to 90 of 90
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 1:51pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did the question mark throw you?
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,973

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 1:58pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    You do realize I was asking a question there about the achilles lock, right?
    As for the toe hold, do you disagree that they're more difficult to finish when the leg is pretty much straight as in the hilarious professional wrestling example? Reasoning?

    Or you can just throw out an appeal to authority and not be helpful, Ronin.
    No your grammar threw me off. I thought you were asking if I agreed with you. So the answer is simply no. That is not even close to the way this should be demonstrated save the fact of using it as an identification drill.
  3. GoldenJonas is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,378

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Actually the person doing the lock in the first clip is Olympic God Medalist and WWE/TNA professional wrestler Kurt Angle. He does look like Bas Rutten, thought. And Frank Trigg too.
    DAMN IT, DAMN IT!!!!!!!! You're right. I could have sworn it was Bas in pancrease, but upon a closer look it IS Angle in a wrastlin' match. Honestly, when I watched that, I thought to myself, "****, that is the worst damn toe hold I have ever seen Bas do.....I must have missed that fight."

    For shame, FOR SHAME I SAY.......I hope Bas can hear the anguish and penance in my e-tone.

    Anyway, please ignore the cute chicks and just look to the technique and set-up.....

    Omega, what is you opinion on the following standard achillies lock demonstration...

    http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=32

    And Glover's version of the toe hold is undoubtedly nasty....

    http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=465

    I had always been taught that the toe hold is better, more painful at least, when the opponent's leg is bent, is this true?

    Here's a good toe hold finish.....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMiNzW6erVo
    Last edited by GoldenJonas; 11/08/2007 3:45pm at .
  4. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,973

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 4:11pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    DAMN IT, DAMN IT!!!!!!!! You're right. I could have sworn it was Bas in pancrease, but upon a closer look it IS Angle in a wrastlin' match. Honestly, when I watched that, I thought to myself, "****, that is the worst damn toe hold I have ever seen Bas do.....I must have missed that fight."

    For shame, FOR SHAME I SAY.......I hope Bas can hear the anguish and penance in my e-tone.

    Anyway, please ignore the cute chicks and just look to the technique and set-up.....

    Omega, what is you opinion on the following standard achillies lock demonstration...

    http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=32

    And Glover's version of the toe hold is undoubtedly nasty....

    http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=465



    I had always been taught that the toe hold is better, more painful at least, when the opponent's leg is bent, is this true?

    Here's a good toe hold finish.....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMiNzW6erVo
    First, while the chick's technique is better it still has too many wholes.
    Second, **** Tyrone......(fucker.....)......insert inside joke here.....
    Third, yes that was an excellent toe hold.
    Lastly, yeah, you want the leg bent so you can isolate the foot strength better.
  5. kismasher is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    2,524

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 4:34pm

    supporting member
     Style: fitness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've only used the achilles lock to set-up a heel hook. never actually gotten anyone to tap from the achilles crush.

    i tap to them if they're on tight because i'm unlucky enough to have torn ligaments in both my ankles and i don't like the feeling of my ankle popping out of socket. and it hurts for about 3 days afterwards.
  6. CoffeeFan is offline
    CoffeeFan's Avatar

    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    2,180

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 4:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    First, while the chick's technique is better it still has too many wholes.
    Second, **** Tyrone......(fucker.....)......insert inside joke here.....
    Third, yes that was an excellent toe hold.
    Lastly, yeah, you want the leg bent so you can isolate the foot strength better.
    Wasn't Tyrone Franjinha first BB? Or am I thinking of someone else?
  7. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,973

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 4:41pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yup...
  8. CoffeeFan is offline
    CoffeeFan's Avatar

    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    2,180

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 5:10pm

    supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Omega, what is you opinion on the following standard achillies lock demonstration...

    http://www.lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=32
    I know I'm not Omega, but I'm going to comment on that ankle lock anyway cause work is slow.

    Everything is ok up until pannel 4.

    Problem 1- Her top leg is too high on the other girls hip. It leaves it open for getting leg locked, she would do better to plant in on the ground or someplace where it's not exposed.

    Problem 2- The leg she has in between girls leg. In pannel 3 she has her tucked in, rather then through the leg in pannel 4. Likewise, it leaves her less vulnerable to getting her own legs attacked.

    Problem 3- WFT is she doing with her arms in the last picture? The way she has her arms figure foured puts alot less pressue on the achiles tendon, she needs to turn the boney part of her wrist into the achilles tendon.
  9. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 5:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    No your grammar threw me off. I thought you were asking if I agreed with you. So the answer is simply no. That is not even close to the way this should be demonstrated save the fact of using it as an identification drill.
    So, we agree as shown it was completely improper. As I was bringing up earlier, is your issue with mainly how it is presented or with some finer details, e.g. where he's at on the leg? You know, important **** that is actually useful in discussion.

    As for the Angle "toe hold" do you disagree that when your opponent straightens their leg, your chance of success goes down? I brought it up because one of my training partners is quite adept at escaping from toe holds (and heel hooking you back).

    As for Tyronne, my favorite video of him regarding toe holds is on 101 submissions :icon_clow
  10. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    11/08/2007 6:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and stop being a bitch. You should know me well enough from the past 5 years.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.