Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Govithoy
    Dennis Hallman (5'9): 1-3-0 "recent" UFC record, 57-11-2 overall MMA (unknown past weight classes). Oh, and he hasn't fought since UFC 55.

Phil Baroni (5'9): 3-5-0 "recent" UFC record, 6-5-0 overall MMA, hasn't fought in UFC for more than 2 years

Robbie Lawler (5'9): 4-3-0 "recent" UFC, 9-3-0 overall MMA, hasn't fought in UFC in more than 2.5 years

Justin Levens (5'10): 0-2-0 "recent" UFC, 7-2-0 overall MMA, last lost to Jorge Santiago at UFC Fight Night Five. To be honest, could really use some time on a bike.

Everyone in the UFC's middleweight division fighting at less than 5'11, minus Jordan Radev who has apparently never fought in the UFC but holds an impressive (especially for his height of 5'7) pro MMA record of 11-1-0 and is actually currently fighting at light heavyweight.
    Mark Hunt (5'10) HW 5-3, 2 of his losses from Fedor and Barnett, 2 of his wins against Cro Cop and Wanderlei

Jeff Monson (5'9) HW (5-2 UFC, 23-6 Overall, ADCC HW Champion)

Mike Tyson (5'9-10 billed as 5'11, and in Boxing where height is more important)

Rocky Marciano (5'10 HW)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:11am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're listing some of the best fighters that ever competed in combat sports. I could say "Well, BJ Penn can armbar a gorilla" but that doesn't mean I (you, or anybody else on the whole forum) can do a lot of the things BJ Penn (or Mark Hunt, or Jeff Monson, etc.) can do.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're listing some of the best fighters that ever competed in combat sports. I could say "Well, BJ Penn can armbar a gorilla" but that doesn't mean I (you, or anybody else on the whole forum) can do a lot of the things BJ Penn (or Mark Hunt, or Jeff Monson, etc.) can do.
    If the absolute best fighters in combat sports can be 5'9-5'10 going up against the best 6'5+ guys and winning all their matches, what does that tell you?

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:16am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you;re obviously a moron who's never been on a wrestling team. trollshido please.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:21am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because they AREN'T. Jeff Monson lost to the only real names he's fought in the UFC (Sylvia and Liddell) and Mark Hunt (who is a fairly, uh, "big" dude for his height IMO) lost to Fedor and Josh Barnett (OMGLOLZZ 6'3.) Also, Fedor is only 6'0 for the record (which still towers over Hunt.) Plus, Hunt's record is 5-3-0, which is hardly glowing. Maybe I should recind my previous comment in regards to him.

Monson's wins in the UFC have been against guys with records of 5-3-0, 2-2-0 and 14-7-0. Hot damn, there's some top talent right there.
    Last edited by Govithoy; 6/09/2007 12:24am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because they AREN'T. Jeff Monson lost to the only real names he's fought in the UFC (Sylvia and Liddell) and Mark Hunt (who is a fairly, uh, "big" dude for his height IMO) lost to Fedor and Josh Barnett (OMGLOLZZ 6'3.) Also, Fedor is only 6'0 for the record (which still towers over Hunt.) Plus, Hunt's record is 5-3-0, which is hardly glowing. Maybe I should recind my previous comment in regards to him.

Monson's wins in the UFC have been against guys with records of 5-3-0, 2-2-0 and 14-7-0. Hot damn, there's some top talent right there.
    barnett and fedor are the 2 best hws in the world.

hunts losses have come from submissions; at 5'10, he was the k-1 world grand prix champ.

monson won the adcc

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:59am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp
    Do we really need weight classes under 155 in the UFC?
    No. That's the WEC focus.

Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    well the point is that we dont need the under 155 thingy because i really dont see an adult being under 155 honestly
    Not sure how you are green again, but you seem to be limiting your observation to under 50% of the population of the world.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP, YES WE DO NEED THEM. Fly, Feather, Light, Welter, Middle, LightHeavy, Heavy, Super Heavy

I'd be just dandy.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 1:05pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm 5'4, walk around, with a fuckton of muscle mass at 150. there is NO way short of fucking steroids that i could make it to 155 fighting weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 1:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    well the point is that we dont need the under 155 thingy because i really dont see an adult being under 155 honestly
    Maybe here, but I know theres a lot of light people in Asia and other places on Earth
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast