Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 11:19am

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm walking at 225 and have to fight at 205 on June 14.

One thing I'm doing is upping my water intake to 6-7 liters from the 3-4 I do normally.
    Also starting a XFB AM thing (Xyience fat burner, yeah I have a pad over my 6-pack, but not much), simply to help burn the fat even more.

I do 3 nights per week of MMA, rigorous as hell (about 2 hours), but I need to step up my off-nights.

Carbs is the big thing I need to watch, other than that I think I'm on track. I figure I can cut 5 easy in water and not feel like crap, but I haven't cut weight that way before so I'll be reading those links. Thanks TEM.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought I'd add my experiences since I recently cut some weight for a Judo tournament.

Started by counting/cutting calories about a month before. I was walking around at about 183 ans wanted to be under 178 for the comp. Of course, I have an overall weight loss goal of getting down to 170 anyway, so this wasn't just cutting, I suppose. Cut calories to a reasonable 2000 a day. Cheated some on the weekends, but nothing ridiculous. Whole grains, low fat, lean protein, etc. was the basic eating plan.

The morning of the Weigh in rolled around and I woke up weighing 178. So, just a little over a pound a week of weight loss. I ate light all that day, especially watching water intake. Ran in a sweatsuit for about 30 mminutes before the weigh in. Went to the weigh in that evening and weighed in at 176, so I had cut another 2 pounds that day. Came home and ate like normal, maybe slightly higher carbs, and I was good to go for the tournament the next day.

FYI, I've continued on the calorie plan since then and now weigh 176 without the cutting.

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:22pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... yeah i routinely cut 10 or more lbs of water and waste.

i do this by overhydrating the week before my cut, then drinking parsley tea which is a diuretic and then maybe hitting sauna.

even on my cut days, two of them usually, i drink a small poland spring bottle of water so my body continues to want to piss... and of course to wash down the ridiculous amount of fiber capulets im choking down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 6:29pm

Style: BJJ, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wrestled for over 10 years, so cutting is pretty easy for me. I generally consume about 4k calories a day, with lots of fat, and hover around 13% body fat. I usually weight around 185lbs, and generally compete at 167 with my gi on (4lbs?). i use clenbuterol (and l – taurine), and cut my caloric intake to about 2000 cals, while upping my cardio (practise + running/sprints) about an hour a day. I still consume plenty of water. I just eat more veggies, and almost no fat. i can easily cut 8lbs a week with little effect on endurance.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2008 2:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "i've lost about 20 lbs in the past month and have another 10 lbs to water cut.

it has been teh most awful fucking experience in the world."

i have to cut 20lbs in a month i was just wondering how did you do it ?

Posted On:
    12/08/2008 2:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstringfellow
    "i've lost about 20 lbs in the past month and have another 10 lbs to water cut.

it has been teh most awful fucking experience in the world."

i have to cut 20lbs in a month i was just wondering how did you do it ?
    Read the threads, read the links, lurk in the forums, and do your damn research. After asking your instructor and fellow competitors, of course.

Kids these days, they got no sense.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    12/08/2008 9:15pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have fought the last two years at HW. And my record is making it harder and harder to book fights with guys my weight (233). The weight of my opponenets seems to be going up and up. last two were topping 290. Size is in no way a replacement for skill. but you try to sweep a guy, who just landed on top of you because of a shitty cage exchange, that has 60+ pounds on you. Aint fun. I have always stated that I want to fight LHW and it seems I get my chance come March.

My 12 week out plan is to cut 90% od the carbs out of my diet. I need my body to look at fat as a fuel. But I don't need to go into ketosis. I'll carry this diet at my current out put for 4 weeks. After the 4 weeks I'll adjust according to pounds lost. If I get down to 210-215 I'll eek in a few carbs with an increase in output just to bump my cardio. The goal is to get in a sweat range. I have cut before and I dispise drastic last minute cutting. I'd rather ease down and be able to handle it. Than crash because I cut way too fast.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12