Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/06/2008 8:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The meaning of frustration

Demian Maia is currently having a grappling/bjj seminar here in Oulu, Finland, and I had to cancel my parcicipation due to being sick with mild flu. The flu has been restricting my training in sw/BJJ and boxing for over two weeks now. Needless to say that I'm not a happy camper:cussing: .

So I'm asking you bullshidokas for any hometested remedies to having a prolonged case of FLU, since Panadol hot and chicken soup have failed me.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/06/2008 1:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's influenza, get a flu shot in advance. They suck ass, but apparently work about 80% of the time.

If it's "stomach flu", which is not actually the flu at all, get sleep and stay hydrated (sports drinks/Pedialyte).

Aside: What exactly do you mean by "restricting" your training?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 4:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I've tried to go to the gym or running in the past with an "almost-gone" flu or something like that and it has returned with a vengeance, so I'd rather keep it safe.
    But what exactly do you mean with your question? I don't know about other gyms but we have a policy of not coming to train if you're sick, and I'm too much of a noob to know about other ways of training. So far I've just stretched at home.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 6:14am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't excercise with flu dude, heart conditions suck, and you'll just delay your recovery. It sucks ass, but wait it out.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 12:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylitoli
    Well I've tried to go to the gym or running in the past with an "almost-gone" flu or something like that and it has returned with a vengeance, so I'd rather keep it safe.
    But what exactly do you mean with your question? I don't know about other gyms but we have a policy of not coming to train if you're sick, and I'm too much of a noob to know about other ways of training. So far I've just stretched at home.
    "Restricting" sounded like you were still training. I'd go with "on hold" instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 2:18pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy
    Don't excercise with flu dude, heart conditions suck, and you'll just delay your recovery. It sucks ass, but wait it out.
    how do heart conditions come into play?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 3:33pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They don't, he's crazy.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylitoli
    There is no such thing as a flu "almost gone." It is either gone or it isn't.

Not trying to be a dick, but I gotta tell you that trying to train at a gym with a flu that's is not gone is an asshole move. You might not feel any side effects anymore, but your partners certainly will when they get it from you. Hope you get well soon, and don't pass that stuff to your partners.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 9:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If chicken soup failed you then there is no hope.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 11:13pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, to the OP, next time, make sure your thread has a name meaningful to the question at hand. "The Meaning Of Frustration" has nothing to do with physical training, diet or health.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast