Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 1:00pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

waxing aftermath...?

i had been bitching about some sporadic chest pain, so i went to my cardiologist who made me do a million tests. luckily, all is peachy with my health apparently, but one of the tests is an "effort test", or whatever you call it (electrodes on chest, treadmill, etc). so i go to the hospital and get an effort test done, and the bitch out of nowhere shaves like 4 parts of my chest to be able to hook up the electrodes.

the idea of walking around like the 40 year old virgin does not appeal to me, at all. so a few days later, this friend of mine takes me to get my chest/back waxed. it's a true bitch, but not as bad as some people have made it out to be. doesn't hurt THAT much. then i also got talked into waxing my arms. i get a lot of irritated bumps on them from excessive sweating and all the hair i had when i train, plus, it looked weird having really hairy arms and no hair on chest or back.

anyways, this was thursday afternoon. i was pretty red and irritated right after. the next day, a lot of the red had gone down, but i've noticed a lot of little bumps and even whiteheads (specifically. i've been using a moisturizing cream on it like 2-3 times every day, but even tho theyre getting better, i feel there's something off here). the chick who waxed me saw me and said it was a bit of an allergic reaction, my skin not being accustomed to this treatment, but that it should pass in a couple days.

any experiences or advice? i see all you MMA fighters and bodybuilders are hairless mofos, so you should know!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing-Chun/ Maui Tai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think about this, you sweat when you train. Your hair used to absorb most of the sweat. Now there is no where for the sweat to go, so after your done sweating, it gets reabsorbed back into your pours and clogs them.

Best thing to do, is shower really good after your done sweating.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 4:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    completely true. but i always shower right after training. always.

the thing is i'd get irritation on my arms and chest always around a hair follicle. very rarely if ever on a place that didn't have pronounced hair.

in any case, i took 2 decades of hair off. i know my skin is gonna react funny as it had never undergone hot wax and ripping, but any advice from anyone?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 6:22pm

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like full body herpes...

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 6:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    i had been bitching about some sporadic chest pain, so i went to my cardiologist who made me do a million tests. luckily, all is peachy with my health apparently, but one of the tests is an "effort test", or whatever you call it (electrodes on chest, treadmill, etc). so i go to the hospital and get an effort test done, and the bitch out of nowhere shaves like 4 parts of my chest to be able to hook up the electrodes.

the idea of walking around like the 40 year old virgin does not appeal to me, at all. so a few days later, this friend of mine takes me to get my chest/back waxed. it's a true bitch, but not as bad as some people have made it out to be. doesn't hurt THAT much. then i also got talked into waxing my arms. i get a lot of irritated bumps on them from excessive sweating and all the hair i had when i train, plus, it looked weird having really hairy arms and no hair on chest or back.

anyways, this was thursday afternoon. i was pretty red and irritated right after. the next day, a lot of the red had gone down, but i've noticed a lot of little bumps and even whiteheads (specifically. i've been using a moisturizing cream on it like 2-3 times every day, but even tho theyre getting better, i feel there's something off here). the chick who waxed me saw me and said it was a bit of an allergic reaction, my skin not being accustomed to this treatment, but that it should pass in a couple days.

any experiences or advice? i see all you MMA fighters and bodybuilders are hairless mofos, so you should know!
    I'm a hairy ************ and I regularly wax my chest and back. The first few times you get it done, you're not gonna look pretty mate. Your skin will recover and the hairs do grow back finer but it takes a while.

You may also need to start exfoliating.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how long should it take to recover? did you get the red bumps/whiteheads first time you did it? please define exfoliation for the cosmetically challenged (moi). what can i do to help the healing process?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also, is putting stuff like rubbing alcohol on it a bad idea? is there some special soap i should get?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 7:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mamashealth.com/skincare/exfoliate.asp

Looks reasonable. But I have bad pores...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 7:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scrubbing. Get a scrubbing cream (one of those that contain some vegetable stuff and sand/mud/sugar) and scrub. That's a good way to exfoliate and keep your pores unclogged.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast