Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 1:52pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have accepted the dark side

BJJ Is grrrreat!!!

I am the noob of noobs with BJJ, in my second week of it at Gracie Barra in Bellingham WA, and I am loving it already, just wanted to share some experiences -

My roommate was a high school wrestler, and he always has friendly grappling matches with me, and rocked me every time previously. BUT our last match, I swept him into my guard, triangle choked him in under 10 seconds… We did 5 total rolls, and I choked/locked him out 4 out of 5 times… And I only barely know 4 subs, some basic guard stuff, mount D, and have been to two lessons.

THEN we were hanging out with another guy later that night who was much stronger than me, and of course after hearing I was taking BJJ, he challenged me to a grappling match. We started out standing, I swept him into my guard, tired him out for 4 minutes then got him in a kneeling guillotine and extended it, tap FTW.

BJJ kicks ass – before I started BJJ, I was drowning on the ground, now it feels comfortable almost, with just knowing a few subs and escapes, I can only imagine what a blue belt or higher must be like. IF YOU HAVENT DONE BJJ, DO IT!! But I am probably already preaching to the converted.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 2:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who teaches in Bellingham? I didn't know there was a GB school up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you sweep someone into your guard?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 2:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J.T. Taylor teaches in Bellingham, affiliated through the Gracie Barra in Vancouver B.C. . J.T Taylor is a brown belt in the Gracie Barra Vancouver School.

And I know I have my terms wrong with the guard thing, but I got a foot around his legs and dropped down/back pulling him into my guard.

Then to get out, I think its a omaplata? where you get your foot up on his knww, push his leg away/pull him close/pushkick with the other foot across the ribcage and try to mount, except we ended up sort of kneeling with me on top, and I ended up in a good guillotine position, so I applied and extended.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 7:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omoplata is a submission
    i think you're trying to describe a sweep, maybe the scissor sweep? (not sure because your description isn't too clear)

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/08/2007 8:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRoc
    BJJ kicks ass – before I started BJJ, I was drowning on the ground, now it feels comfortable almost, with just knowing a few subs and escapes, I can only imagine what a blue belt or higher must be like. IF YOU HAVENT DONE BJJ, DO IT!! But I am probably already preaching to the converted.
    Fucking hell, two weeks and already he's Rickson.

Welcome to Bullshido. Give the nutriding a rest.

And the jackanorys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 10:15pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your friend was a highschool wrestler and he's getting dominated by a 2 week bjj'r? he doesn't sound like he was so good.

congrats on enjoying bjj, keep with it, it's fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 6:17am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn
    your friend was a highschool wrestler and he's getting dominated by a 2 week bjj'r? he doesn't sound like he was so good.
    I repeatedly tapped a high school state champ (with no submission experience) after like two months of training. It turns out that high school wrestling doesn't teach you to defend subs. Amazing, huh?

Posted On:
    6/16/2007 3:30pm

Style: BJJ/MMA/JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meager
    I repeatedly tapped a high school state champ (with no submission experience) after like two months of training. It turns out that high school wrestling doesn't teach you to defend subs. Amazing, huh?
    From my experience neither Greco nor Freestyle really have subz in competetion form(more like pinz), so it would make sense that there really aren't many defenses against it in wrestling in general.. Maybe something for GoogleFU..

Quote Originally Posted by KayRoc
    BJJ Is grrrreat!!!

Man.. U Funny.. I like you.. hell, I may even let you come over to my house and **** my sister.. All your base are belong to Deez Nutz.

Just watch out for those nutpuncherz and those meth hedz.. I've found that BJJ aint always as tough as the nuthuggiez love it to be.. why don't you and the BJJ get a room..

No worries.. I love it too, just semi-trolling your style cuz I like you.. word to teh Str33tz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2007 6:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a scissor sweep... Ow, my pride.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast