Page 4 of 4 First 1234

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Find a higher rank guy to spar with. I've got a couple at my McDojo who are all kinds of cool with exploiting any idiotic opening I leave...Of course, I'm a low belt, and my problem isn't so much bouncing as much as it is dropping my guard at a bad time..... but the principle of getting knocked on the head will help correct all sorts of bad habits!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anderson Silva bounces like a mother fucker, doesn't seem to do him much harm.

If it works for you it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    Anderson Silva bounces like a mother fucker, doesn't seem to do him much harm.
    He bounces when he retreats, but moving forward he stays balanced on the balls of his feet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4gE9PavMKg
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 6/10/2007 5:40am at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vs Leben?

I don't really see what difference that makes anyway, he's still a bouncer!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good, well-timed sidekick on a "bouncer" = hilarious unassisted flight video; would likely fetch a lot of attention on YouTube.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was the coolest elbow I have ever seen.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva is not a bouncer in the way we are talking about. He is more like Hagler. Light on his feet and mobile. The hop he does when he retreats is pretty standard for his style of footwork. It is not a constant rhythmic bounce that takes the weight off of both feet.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Kintanon, by "full TKD mode" do you mean in TKD point sparring matches? In any other combat scenario extra bouncing isn't going to make the drawbacks of bouncing somehow go away.
    Yes. TKD point sparring is the only reason to be in that super bouncy mode for me anymore. Though I am still good at launching sidekicks out of it... But yeah, Full TKD Mode = Point sparring. I can/have done it in other venues and as long as I can stay the hell outside of my opponents range it isn't completely worthless, but it's certainly wasteful, and retarded looking.

Edit: Do I need to link my vid of Me vs Kidspatula (FIRST BLOOD PART ONE!) so people can see what the retarded bouncing we're talking about looks like? It looks like Kid is playing Whackamole with my head in that vid...
    Last edited by Kintanon; 6/11/2007 1:17pm at .

Page 4 of 4 First 1234