Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Style
    crapp-lawl-ing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know, when i see people bouncing to the point where they look like they're doing jumping jacks, it kind of angers me. when i spar with tkd rules, i bounce a bit low on the balls of my feet, (sadly enough) like those SF .gifs, but a bit faster. it helps me move around, especially for side-stepping. i think the key is to bounce low and even, not do that "oh,oh,oh,oh, hot lava on the ground, left foot, right foot, left foot..." dance that i see a lot of terrible, white, and overweight students do, else you can't plant your feet for a kick with any power behind it.

also, when you bounce high enough for your opponent to be able to time it really easily, it's a problem. being able to slightly alter how fast you bounce makes a huge difference.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't advocate bouncing, but it seems like people think you can't hit hard with kicks without planting to the floor. When I throw teep style kicks to the body, I sometimes do a small hopping motion forward, and can get good power.

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    I don't advocate bouncing, but it seems like people think you can't hit hard with kicks without planting to the floor. When I throw teep style kicks to the body, I sometimes do a small hopping motion forward, and can get good power.
    When you do a hopping teep your foot is planted at the instant of impact. It was also planted enough for you to lift a leg off the ground and hop forward before you started that motion that's a lot of pushing on the ground.

Style
    FBSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can teep on my toes and it's all the same.

Anyway, i prefer to shuffle like Muhammad Ali. Float like a butterfly, kick like a mule. no wait...

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im Not a bouncer and i think it is retarted. How can you move or react in your feet are off the ground. the only time i am ok with bouncing is if you have just stepped out after a long combination or a clinch. If you have tim to step way out bounce and circle to catch your breath but you better settle back into your stance quickly.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i bounce all the time cos otherwise my chi will explode the floor

Style
    punching bag / crew jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    you know, when i see people bouncing to the point where they look like they're doing jumping jacks, it kind of angers me. when i spar with tkd rules, i bounce a bit low on the balls of my feet, (sadly enough) like those SF .gifs, but a bit faster. it helps me move around, especially for side-stepping. i think the key is to bounce low and even, not do that "oh,oh,oh,oh, hot lava on the ground, left foot, right foot, left foot..." dance that i see a lot of terrible, white, and overweight students do, else you can't plant your feet for a kick with any power behind it.

also, when you bounce high enough for your opponent to be able to time it really easily, it's a problem. being able to slightly alter how fast you bounce makes a huge difference.
    That's what I was trying to say. Thanks.

Style
    TKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually have fewer problems getting swept when I'm in full on TKD bouncing rabbitman mode. The halfway boxing/tkd crap I had going on against you was brutally easy to kick me off my feet. I definitely learned a lot about what i need to do to get my stance rooted though. I'm hoping to give you another go in 3-4 months time after I've been able to work on that some more.

Style
    FBSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt HANKtheTANK or Errant108 will stop bouncing any time soon. At least not until they find better jobs.

Style
    BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if I bounce, I haven't seen the video. :(
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last