Thread: Crazy Forking Gi
6/07/2007 7:36am, #1
Crazy Forking Gi
I don't know any thing about the quality of what this lot do, but I just had to post this picture and a link. What a fucking stupid Gi!!!
"Kyoshi Hourston commenced study of the Martial Arts in 1985, he is Founder of the Yoshin Kempo system and holds the rank of 7th Degree Black Belt Master instructor in the art. "
6/07/2007 7:47am, #2
'm very confused. What do they teach?
About Kodenkan Danzan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu
JU-JITSU, a Japanese system of philosophy, combat, and self-defense is one of the world's oldest martial arts. It is both the forerunner and mother art of many modern day martial disciplines, utilizing an elaborate array of fighting techniques and self-defense.
KODENKAN DANZAN RYU JU-JITSU is unique among the martial arts in the effectiveness and range of its techniques: unlike other martial arts, it does not rely on only one aspect of fighting - it is instead a comprehensive science of physical combat, backed by a strong mental discipline, combined with a philosophical understanding and appreciation of the art. It is indeed a very structured art, based in part on a few of the following fundamental principles;
- KOGEKI JITSU Art of striking, punching, and kicking techniques
- SHINKEI JITSU Art of applying pressure to the various nerves [Kyusho]
- SHIBORI JITSU Art of choking [Chissoku] and strangulation [Kosatsu]
- KOPPA JITSU Art of bone breaking and dislocation
- KANSETSU WAZA Techniques involving the locking of joints
- TAI JITSU Art of throwing techniques [Nage Wazas]
- TORAI JITSU Art of restraining, seizing and immobilisation
BUKI JITSU Classical Weaponry
- KETSUGO Combination techniques and body locks
- GOSHIN JITSU Self Defense; Boei, Yawara, Bogyo, Uke Waza and Buso
- KUMI TSUKU Close quarters grappling
- MUSHI JITSU Fighting system emphasising methods of percussion
- SUIEI JITSU Combat in water
- SEFUKU JITSU Art of restorative massage
- SHINKYO NO MAKI Mental meditative practices and breathing [Kokyu]
- WA JITSU Art of blending with the actions of the opponent
Although the physical aspects of the art are the most apparent, they could not exist without the mental/meditative discipline stressed in the art of JU-JITSU. The meditative and spiritual aspects of JU-JITSU are the essence of the art and are imperative for gaining physical proficiency.Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
6/07/2007 7:50am, #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
- Salford, UK
SUIEI JITSU Combat in water
6/07/2007 7:59am, #4
Originally Posted by john joe
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
6/07/2007 8:19am, #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- West coast
"Founder of the Yoshin Kempo system and holds the rank of 7th Degree Black Belt Master instructor in the art. " If you found the f*****g system, why make yourself a 7th dan. Go for 10th. Who will promote you to 8th...etc
6/07/2007 9:42am, #6
damn..i thought it was an icehockey outfit at first glance...
he looks so fit and welltrained,must be that water training stuff...
6/07/2007 9:45am, #7Other Grandmasters who have awarded Kyoshi Hourston Black Belt status are: Soke Andrew McGill, 10th Dan Kenpo, Soke Robert Clark, 9th Dan JuJitsu and Hanshi Peter Browne, 8th Dan Kempo JuJitsu. Kyoshi is widely known as a talented and dynamic international Martial Arts instructor who has taught and trained at seminars in the UK, USA, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Holland.
6/07/2007 12:27pm, #8
Wow - the pillsbury dough boy got new jammies! Woo-hoo!
6/07/2007 12:55pm, #9
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
I don't use a gi in real combat, I just take advantage of them for the choke
6/07/2007 1:23pm, #10