Posted On:
    6/06/2007 5:28pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My own crappy bagwork thread

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=2034596631
    Thats me. I notice I tend not to tuck my chin, throw wide punches and don't utilize much footwork (there's not a lot of space). Any other notes?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your bag is funny
    Bulges up , hardware there to
    **** hand like Tyson .

I had bag envy at first , it looks sweet to hook and uppercut . Then I saw how it was hung ... I don't like the fasteners , have they given you any issue ? .

* edit *

Your kicks sucked . Circle and move in and out of range more .

but that is all I am saying damn it . I don't know poop about what "fighten kung fu" or FMA should look like .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/06/2007 6:41pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Genius

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 6:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hands drop down too much, tuck your elbows in more to protect ribs. Nice snap and power.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Genius

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

See? Both hands are down here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handsdown.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	7945  

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 7:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i watched the makiwara vid, LOL.

j/k it's all good. TBK said what i was gonna say already.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 1:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Your bag is funny
    Bulges up , hardware there to
    **** hand like Tyson .

I had bag envy at first , it looks sweet to hook and uppercut . Then I saw how it was hung ... I don't like the fasteners , have they given you any issue ? .
    I'm conscious of the hardware and don't punch it. It is a great bag for hooks and uppercuts but I don't like it for kicking at all. I like the hardware because its double reinforced and there's six chains instead of four, so it won't rip like the several Everlasts I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Your kicks sucked . Circle and move in and out of range more .
    What sucked specifically about each kick I threw? I noted my footwork wasn't much, but I was trying to stay on screen. This was realy more of an experiment with the videopowers of my new digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    i watched the makiwara vid, LOL.
    I'LL KROTTY CHOP UR NECK!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 1:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken

I do kung fu, it could be worse.:icon_bigg

I tend to have lower hands at that distance because when I spar I'm generally more concerned with catching kicks than protecting my head (most of the ead contact I do is fairly light, so I develop some habits that aren't as well suited for higher contact.)

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 1:48am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    **** off, Thaiboxerken. Showing one frame from a work out on a punching bag makes you sound smart?

Looks good to me. Working the bag has nothing to do with guarding, IMO. Spar if you want to work your guard.

"Boards don't hit back" etc, etc.

:)

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 3:41am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You look like you have good speed, and you move your head quite well. Your elbows are mostly in, and you don't drop your guard when you punch very much at all. A great 4oz glove combo, is overhand right, left uppercut, right cross. This will let you bridge the gap to use all that hand speed at middle/close range.
    It work on people too, but the bag will let you get the distance worked out a bit, and a sense of balance. (keep your left elbow real tight for the uppercut to cock properly for the cross.
    Do you kick (I didn't watch all of your clips)?...

When I work the bag, I'll do a thing where I'll clinch with it, and practice throwing hooks, and cuffs to the "kidney" and "head" area(fist, or if I want to protect the ribs, palm strikes with open glove, not cutting strikes with the knuckles, it always hurts my knuckles to put power into it or hit an elbow during sparring if I don't use the open hand, and I don't like leaving my ribs open, I've been kicked there, and it made me feel thin and brittle).

This gives me a sense of rough, inside scrapping, and shots from the clinch,that happens at some point, in almost every sparring session I ever do.
    I try to be continuous, and if I'm tired, I'll grab the bag and knee it, then clinch and throw these "body" hooks, push off, and let fly with the hands again. When I spar, it all gives me an edge, in the clinch even with guys who've competed before.

Train like you fight, fight like you train (within reason)..I know it's harder to do with little gloves than 16oz kickboxing ones, but get used to being "all over" the thing you're attacking. With your handspeec, your opponent will want to close the gap, get used to grabbing the bag, and decking it, before pushing off and decking it some more.

hope some of this helps.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 6:24am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    I'm conscious of the hardware and don't punch it. It is a great bag for hooks and uppercuts but I don't like it for kicking at all. I like the hardware because its double reinforced and there's six chains instead of four, so it won't rip like the several Everlasts I've had.
    Makes sense . I was just curious if the position and number of the rings had bothered you any .

Do you not like it for kicking because of the shape or the weight ?

What sucked specifically about each kick I threw? I noted my footwork wasn't much, but I was trying to stay on screen. This was realy more of an experiment with the videopowers of my new digital camera.
    Yeah I missed the foot work foot note .

Oh man ... I honestly don't remember seeing any kicks ... that specific comment was not serious by any means , I thought you were just showing some fairly decent hand work .

If you were trying to stay on screen ... then yeah your foot work and mostly linear motions make perfect sense . If you want good critique have a training buddy shoot it for you or set the camera up a little further away ... like Omar did , so you know , you can really go all out ( or embarrass yourself ) .

Thanks for sharing , and for not doing TKD .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast