Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 12:38am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    The thread should be about BOTH how awesome Anthony is and how much Rudy sucked after years of berating pple on the how much they suck.
    God, I wish I had the vocab to suffciently deride Rudy's fat pathetic ass, or at least the total lack of class and self-control he usually displayed when "talking" with me.

I throw better push kicks than that, and my stand up sucks.

And so much for kneeing someone in the head when they shoot.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    I'm always ten times more nervous watching friends and training brothers compete than I am when I step out onto the mats. I think that might be one of those universal things.
    Man, everybody there was on a tense mood from throwing punches at the air, to jabing each other and making stupid jokes. Everybody from El Matador and El MAcho, to Danillo and Anthony's coworker (Sorry bro, I'm very bad with names).

To quote JKDChick favorite quote "I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert" was the general mood going around
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:58am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's rudy's forum's url?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:13am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Neko
    Man, everybody there was on a tense mood from throwing punches at the air, to jabing each other and making stupid jokes. Everybody from El Matador and El MAcho, to Danillo and Anthony's coworker (Sorry bro, I'm very bad with names).

To quote JKDChick favorite quote "I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert" was the general mood going around
    His nickname is "El Mega" :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn latinos and their use of "EL" I should have guessed that one....

Anyway, this experience definetively convince me that I have to do this at least a couple of times before is too late.

Oh, and Anthony, I definetively want to do this **** again (me doing camera work, you getting punch in the head), should we start planning another South Florida TD?

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.

Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonillo
    everyone kept telling me that Danillo told them he was more scared for me than he's ever been in his own fights. I can understand, it's sending someone you have spent alot of time with, into battle. I can understand it, but until I face it myself, I won't know how it actually feels.

It's more than that.

I've mentioned this before. From one perspective, MA is about love. It's a really screwed up way of showing it. But, the reason he felt that way is because, at that moment, you were is Brother-in-arms and he loved you.

Look at how you reacted right after the fight was called. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest you loved Rudy, but it was definitely a moment of infatuation.

:smile:
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:40am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats to Anthony, in case I forgot to say that someplace. And thanks to any and all who watched it live and helped make it happen.

As for bad mouthing rudy, I don't care one way or another, since I've never had a one-to-one interaction with him. I made comments, both here and at KFM, meant to goad him into the fight. I've read his many posts, though I've never been involved directly with any thread he posted in. I'll refrain from critiquing his form in the match because we all look odd the first few times we go against someone who doesn't train as we do. It's a feeling out process.

But, I will comment on this: as I've said countless times about countless TMA's, especially Aikido, Kung Fu, and other arts that make the claim that "only through decades of training can one attain mastery", 25 years of experience in these artforms can hardly stand up to a couple of years of Full Contact, highly efficient training. That's the sole reason that boxing, kickboxing, BJJ, Judo, Pankration, Sambo, and the myriad other arts that predominantly make up MMA events around the world, are all so useful.

Not because of some magical ruleset, not because they have tailored their training for the event, but because they train to punch and get punched, to throw and get thrown, to submit and be submitted, rather than training forms and compliancy. They all work at what they do best and protect at their own range, and all of these artforms are known for their openness and willingness to admit that they don't hold all the answers and you need to corss-train to get better. Most other artforms are still far behind in these respects.

Again, congratulations on the win and good luck in the future. And good luck to anyone else who ends up going to a TD or entering into a challenge match along the way. It's healthy to compete against those of different styles and backgrounds.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan

Look at how you reacted right after the fight was called. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest you loved Rudy, but it was definitely a moment of infatuation.

:smile:

:XXpuke:
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 10:47am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Neko
    Damn latinos and their use of "EL" I should have guessed that one....

Anyway, this experience definetively convince me that I have to do this at least a couple of times before is too late.

Oh, and Anthony, I definetively want to do this **** again (me doing camera work, you getting punch in the head), should we start planning another South Florida TD?

BASTARD!!! :)

No time like the present I say! Can we give me a few weeks of off time first?

K, thanx! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 11:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonillo
    BASTARD!!! :)

...Can we give me a few weeks of off time first?
    Man, you have been complaining since the end of the fight

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!