Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2005 6:20am

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for ex Jung SuWon / Tae Yun Kim students

ADMIN EDIT: This is a link to the article on our Martial Arts Encyclopedia that summarizes some of the points this thread makes:
    http://www.bullshido.org/martialarts/Tae_Yun_Kim
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I am new here. I was once a member of GM Kim's Cult. I am investigating her background and trying to find out more specifically about her life as kyong ae fontaine in vermont, prior to California. Here is the info I have been posting prominentley around the net! Please help the cause. It may almost seem like a joke, but i swear it isn't!
    Clare

If you were a member of Jung SuWon, or the more elite COL, or even an
    employee of Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions / Associates please contact
    me. I am interested in hearing from you.

I am also a former member, I am interested in your story. There is all
    mis-information out there on the net about her, stating all of the
    canned PR "accolades" . Something else needs to be out there, I am
    only one person with one set of travels with them. I want to hear what
    you have to say.

There are a lot of us out there, most of us are scared, there isn't any
    reason to be.

Let's balance the internet, every famous person out there has a slander
    site, Paris Hilton, Tom Hanks, why doesn't Tae Yun Kim. Why is she off
    limits?

email me! or post here, clarehoare@gmail.com :new_olymp
    Last edited by Wolf; 7/20/2007 11:33am at .

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    3/11/2005 8:55am

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When www.e-budo.com is working again, check their archives. There were numerous threads on Kim, along with former members posting about her.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2005 1:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya, i read cached transcripts on google, of what went on there. I'll get in contact with those people when e-budo is back up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2005 6:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure about that one. But for some reason it sounds a lot like some of the other Korean stuff talked about here befor. Even my own history. You might want to check (do a search on these forums) for:

Oom Yung Doe

and

Jungyae Moosul

A lot of their past students always play the silent game even when their were royaly screwed over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2005 1:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a lot of fear. It'd be nice to get others to open up and get something out there. Thank you for the names and support. Every "student" of tae yun kim has a different take because of "special programs" and secrecy involved with the "cult"

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    3/12/2005 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh! Come on a cult.Boy you trippin.This has the look and smell of a bullshit Martial Art.

Posted On:
    3/12/2005 11:57am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a nutshell, who is this woman, and what has she done? If you feel uncomfortable about making certain statements catagorically, the words "allegedly" and "claims" do wonders.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2005 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alledgedly (what i have gone through, lol) She runs a cult, with a chain of command and everything. Bankrupts her students, breaks up families. Alledgedly there is a student, who has now been with her for about 10 years, at the time he joined he was a 28 y/o father of a 1 y/o. He was married and sucessful. GM Kim asked him to join (COL, the more elite, live in program), and change his name, because she wanted him to seperate himself from his family which is "bad energy", so he broke it off with his wife, and his son literally never sees him. With simple math I figure his son is about 11 now, pretty sad stuff. Anyway, there is about 15 stories like that, that I alone am aware of.

Yes there is a lot of fake claim martial art going on, but more so the live in situation is what sucks. alledgedly she has about 3-4 companies (engineering golighthouse.com , promotion gonorthstar.com , skin care candospirit.biz , web services morningplanet.com) many of her members work for her for pennies on the dollar of what anyone else would make doing the same job. Then in addition to that they share a house, and have to pay rent fees, and "tuition fees" which ammount to nearly their entire monthly earnings.

Fake martial arts is the least of most of their problems. Though they do have the infamous black belt club. They also have "special" programs that only the richest members are invited to join, that include a ($200k +) master program.

She used to have a slough of rich members to pull from in her COL program (who were independantly wealthy prior to COL). COL, standing for city of light. (me thinks you might find something interesting looking at cityoflight.com)

I am currently putting together a document with a lot of pertinent info. However, I don't know everything, because every student is told different thinkgs and has different travels with them. Thats why I am looking for other ex members.

This is the worst of the worst... She not only takes money, she ruins lives.

I read about the McDojo's you guys posted, and this is one, but GM Kim makes sure to maintain control of her one school, she wouldn't ever franchise this operation, if someone was out of her control for any length they wouldn't be brainwashed well enough to still believe in her.
    Last edited by clarehoare; 3/12/2005 1:04pm at . Reason: correct my math

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2005 1:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The funny part of this whole thing is the guy in the green shirt on the title bar is a jungsuwon student, he is even wearing his jungsuwon headband. Yes they wear headbands

Posted On:
    3/12/2005 1:24pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 1 of 275 1 23451151101 ... LastLast