Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 11:56am

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was really ,really bad....Coda looked like a retarded Panda flailing around out there. Guess that would also expalin the sudden attack of sleepiness in the third video

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 11:57am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Lord... His gut is growing into true "Krotty Master" form.

That was horrible.

He does get style points for the Van Damme 'holding-up-my-arm-to-expose-my-ribs-so-you-can-kick-me-and-I-can-demonstrate-how-h4Rd-I-am' move though.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 11:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ+MT Former Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, he does the same **** i used to yell at the kid's for doing. Turning around and throwing punches/kicks while running away. Wow coda scott has the same bad habits as 11 and 12 year old yellow belts. But the 11 and 12 year olds are in better condition.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 11:58am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a few observations from an old Krotty guy:

They are "slapping at the head" because sparring rules in many TMA styles actually give points to your opponent if you make hard contact to the head (Yeah, hard to believe)

They started him with lower belts because, also in many TMA styles, when you are evaluating or testing someone he/she spars the entire class, starting with the lower belts. This gives a tired opponent to the higher belts, allowing you to see how they perform under pressure, and whether they have that old “indomitable spirit”.

I would rate his sparring ability at about 6th kyu, but if he was ever in shape he could have been better at some point. Most schools would have flunked him in a kyu test for being so out of shape he couldn’t continue. His technique is piss-poor, I see all kinds of noobie mistakes (turning the back, dropping the guard, blind techniques, telegraphing) that tend to get beat out of you if you train/spar for a number of years.

I think its been said before: Wow, just wow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guess I shouldn't insult Pandas like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:11pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    Now now guys, let's keep this civil.

How about some well reasoned constructive criticism of his technique?
    I'm pretty sure that I hear sarcasm there, Stick. But fine, I'll bite:

He moves pretty well for a young man of his, er, girth. He'd do much better if he lost some weight and worked up some stamina.

He's got a pretty quick little lead leg side thrust kick. It would probably score some points in point sparring if he could move a little quicker. There's no power behind it, though. For power, he needs to turns his hips more (which would only slow him down).

He needs to turn his head so he can see his target when he tries those spinning techniques. I saw a half-way decent reverse crescent kick that might have connected if he had been quicker and had been looking at a target. He did manage to connect on a blind spinning back fist , but there was no power in it because he didn't put any of his considerable weight into it.

I don't understand his "guard". Half the time, it looked like he was holding up his pants. Other times, he was holding one paw above his head. A conventional boxing guard of some kind would be a lot more effective than his oddly stylized stuff...

Overall, he appears to be out of shape and out of practice. It looks to me like he had some skills at some point, but not so much at the present. His present sparring technique is sloppy, at best.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Criticisms:
    1) conditioning (my problem too, but I'm doing cardio at least! I bet he ain't)
    2) movement: he needs to be taught boxing footwork
    3) kicks too much: his kicks aren't that good and he has a gut, therefore
    he needs to focus on hands....and not slappy krotty hands...thai or western boxing.
    4) he talks too much! is he giving excuses to his sheeple as to why he sucks?
    5) KI-YAAH!! KI-YAHH! He needs to cut the ki-yah! out of his game. Just spar. Yelling is a dumb thing. Wait....maybe that's why Chuck Lidell lost---he didn't Ki-YAH!!
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. It’s the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok serious now...

1. Stamina - has been touched on already ..there is none

2. Punching- All he was doing was throwing some crazy windmill type punches.

3. Footwork- No ability to cut any angles for defense or offense. Kept getting run off the mat. Giving up his back waayyyy to much.

4. Kicks- Side kick was decent...for maybe 5th gup/Kyu. Couple of roundhouses I saw looked pretty good and were at head level. The drop wheel kick or sweep whatever you want to call it was very sloppy. If the oppenent was a little more experienced he should have drilled Coda in the back or the head while he was down.

All in all I will agree with Sheltrk that at one point he may have had some skills. Doubt they were BB level. Maybe at the most Brown Belt.( And that is pushing it)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can turning your back and ducking down in defense be considered technique?

I think he's mastered that one.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here's the best advice for him.

Step one - Remove black belt
    Step two - Burn it
    Step three - Stop training people
    Step four - Go to a real MA gym and train for 4-5 years and shut up until then.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast