Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 4:45pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't think anyone has so far been able to sum up what we saw in the video. It has to be seen to be believed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 5:29pm

Style: Wu/Hao Taiji; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChinkOfSteel
    It's as if he doesn't really know what's going to be on the test and thus, he didn't prepare for it...conditioning-wise, technique-wise, nothing...
    he had at least two weeks to prepare for this and brush up on technique, probably longer.

the techniques he was tested on were based on a list of suggested criteria supposedly from Stanton Jr., though the spelling and phrases read like someting he Coda wrote himself.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 5:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChinkOfSteel
    Anybody see the further "Judo" vids of his...? Crappling at its best...

I don't quite understand what he's getting tested on there and who's evaluating the testing? It's as if he doesn't really know what's going to be on the test and thus, he didn't prepare for it...conditioning-wise, technique-wise, nothing...apparently, his conditioning coach was someone with credentials the likes of Milt Wallace...

The sparring was horrendous...he got schooled by lower belts doing VERY rudimentary sparring techniques. I'm still actually unsure of what "style" he's getting evaluated on...the sparring had bizarre rules (he even tried sweeping the leg at one point), but it was more or less flailing...all the backfists and snappy kicks didn't even do any damage...

Very odd...
    Just let it go.

It is a beginner with allusions of grandeur.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:15pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Just let it go.

It is a beginner with allusions of grandeur.
    Problem is that Mr Scott fashions himself as an instructor, and a "Master" instructor at that.

He has and is taking money from people based on his "certifications". Which, by the way, have been proven to be false and/or baseless.

His efforts at running a school and teaching things that he is totaly unquailified to teach will most likely can injury or harm to someone. He has knowingly held tournaments with the proper liability insurance, and without the proper use of safety gear, especially for underbelts and children under the age of 18, which is an established industry standard.

He has proven through his past actions that he refuses to get the proper training and certifications for himself so that he can teach properly the students that train under him.

So, why should I be concerned? Well, I've spent about 34 years training to get to where I am, and to have someone with about 3 years of training try to pass themselves off as both a "Master Instructor" and "World Champion", with questionable paper, just tweeks me a little bit.

I have had to deal with students from instructors like Coda alot. I've had to deal with their rotten/poor technique, attitudes, and stupid-ass challenges. Once these people realize that what I do is real, and don't back down from there attempts to prove themselves, they either quit right there or just don't come back to class because they can't handle the class.

So, I think people like Master Coda Scott are like a cancer, and need to be somehow stopped from doing what they do! But, there is no real system(s) that verifies the people who claim to be instructors in the Martial Arts.

Coda's actions both in the past, and present, speak for themselves. Sloppy techinque, and lack of conditioning, are his "standards" and will continue to be so long as the local Martial Arts Community allows him creditability by letting him stay in business the way that he does. It will most likely take the injury or perhaps the death of a student training under him to finally shut him down. Problem is, is that the price that the community has to pay to get this "quack" out of business?

I welcome reply and debate on any and all of my comments.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol kenpo
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just kidding.

I agree with most of what you've said - I suspect most Bullshido posters would.

Perhaps they're just weary of the Codastrophe.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 12:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kaikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :confused5
    I agree it will take one of his students training under him or a death before some one will shut him down, it will be a sad day if some one dies becuase of his false teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkieusa
    Problem is that Mr Scott fashions himself as an instructor, and a "Master" instructor at that.

He has and is taking money from people based on his "certifications". Which, by the way, have been proven to be false and/or baseless.

His efforts at running a school and teaching things that he is totaly unquailified to teach will most likely can injury or harm to someone. He has knowingly held tournaments with the proper liability insurance, and without the proper use of safety gear, especially for underbelts and children under the age of 18, which is an established industry standard.

He has proven through his past actions that he refuses to get the proper training and certifications for himself so that he can teach properly the students that train under him.

So, why should I be concerned? Well, I've spent about 34 years training to get to where I am, and to have someone with about 3 years of training try to pass themselves off as both a "Master Instructor" and "World Champion", with questionable paper, just tweeks me a little bit.

I have had to deal with students from instructors like Coda alot. I've had to deal with their rotten/poor technique, attitudes, and stupid-ass challenges. Once these people realize that what I do is real, and don't back down from there attempts to prove themselves, they either quit right there or just don't come back to class because they can't handle the class.

So, I think people like Master Coda Scott are like a cancer, and need to be somehow stopped from doing what they do! But, there is no real system(s) that verifies the people who claim to be instructors in the Martial Arts.

Coda's actions both in the past, and present, speak for themselves. Sloppy techinque, and lack of conditioning, are his "standards" and will continue to be so long as the local Martial Arts Community allows him creditability by letting him stay in business the way that he does. It will most likely take the injury or perhaps the death of a student training under him to finally shut him down. Problem is, is that the price that the community has to pay to get this "quack" out of business?

I welcome reply and debate on any and all of my comments.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How to sum this up?

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

That should about do it.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2007 10:53pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    How to sum this up?

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

That should about do it.
    Maybe so. But you gotta admit... it IS fun! :laughing5
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324