Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 5:59pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian
    I thought the XM8 program was canceled, is the weapon itself still on track for deployment?
    No, the OICW was a piece of **** and was treated as such. The M-8 will be deployed, I think next year.

The first time I saw an airsoft gun, my little brother had brought it home on leave and had packed it with his real guns. So he hands me a Colt 1911 and I was like cool. Then he handme a Glock and I was like "nice." Then the little ****** reaches into his duffel, whips out some Beretta looking Airsoft thing and points it at me from across the room with this goofy fucking grin of his that has pissed me off since I was two.

"Put that fucking thing DOWN!" I snap. So the little piece of **** pulls the trigger.

It makes a popping noise, I see the slide activate, and something hits me in the chest. I take a knee and start breathing to slow down the hemorrhaging. Then I see a yellow bb go rolling across the floor, and little brother (who was 23 at the time, BTW) is in the corner guffawing.

:cussing:

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 6:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    No, the OICW was a piece of **** and was treated as such. The M-8 will be deployed, I think next year.

The first time I saw an airsoft gun, my little brother had brought it home on leave and had packed it with his real guns. So he hands me a Colt 1911 and I was like cool. Then he handme a Glock and I was like "nice." Then the little ****** reaches into his duffel, whips out some Beretta looking Airsoft thing and points it at me from across the room with this goofy fucking grin of his that has pissed me off since I was two.

"Put that fucking thing DOWN!" I snap. So the little piece of **** pulls the trigger.

It makes a popping noise, I see the slide activate, and something hits me in the chest. I take a knee and start breathing to slow down the hemorrhaging. Then I see a yellow bb go rolling across the floor, and little brother (who was 23 at the time, BTW) is in the corner guffawing.

:cussing:
    LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgVBH3_cfbY

Here's a video of me and my friend ambushing his girlfriend with Airsoft. I assure you, her experience was more frightening than yours.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 7:59pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian
    I thought the XM8 program was canceled, is the weapon itself still on track for deployment?
    Last i heard the XM8 had gone the way of the OICW and the dodo...

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 8:11pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East
    Last i heard the XM8 had gone the way of the OICW and the dodo...
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. SFGOON, not that I take it as gospel, but this is what Wikipedia has to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Although there were high hopes that the XM8 would become the Army's new standard infantry rifle, the project was put on hold in mid 2005, and was formally cancelled on October 31, 2005.
    Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM8_rifle.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 11:43pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ohmygod..... :sad:

I've been out of the loop for a while. I generally think that most of the Army's new projects are faggoty, but we NEED a new AR. This one looked pretty promising. What a shame.

A-4s for all isn't that bad though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 1:44am

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see why the Army dropped it though. mechanically it was a G36. But with a shiny new exterior the immediately obsoleted all the cool new attachments that have been developed for the AR15 and the rail system. If the military wants a new weapon, let it be compatible with the hundreds of things already in existance. the HK416 is an example of this.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 3:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lasergun time.

Or some sort of portable Sonic weapon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 7:10am

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgVBH3_cfbY

Here's a video of me and my friend ambushing his girlfriend with Airsoft. I assure you, her experience was more frightening than yours.
    Were one of you rappelling down a tree in the first 5 seconds of the vid?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 2:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsobrien
    Were one of you rappelling down a tree in the first 5 seconds of the vid?
    Yeah. That was my friend. I was in charge of the camera and giving the signal she was coming.

Infidel

Posted On:
    6/13/2007 9:47am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roaming east good post.
    I've crawled around a blackhawk and there is definatly not that much room in there. Same situation with armored vehicle crews, space is a premium.

Just carrying a pistol is not an option. We have a shortage of pistols in the Canadian Forces and what doesn't help at all is offcers and NCOs who work in air conditioned offices don't like carrying around a big rifle so they get pistols before the troops.
    We also have a chronic problem with fucked up pistol magazines so you get 3 to 5 shots off before the browning jams.

Having a carbine/PDW size weapon is required but considering how many members of the US that I saw stuck using M16s and not able to get M4s, isn't it safe to assume that you'll have an even harder time getting new weapons filtered down?

Air crews & should definatly have a carbine type weapon but I'm still not convinced on how well they will be filtered down, the availability of ammunition and quality of training.

Also, like with out pistols, I can see people who NEED the weapons getting passed up by others who want the new kit and wanna look cool. Same way supply techs are rear support types often get the new equipment first.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast