218358 Bullies, 8108 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 106
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ysc87 is offline
    ysc87's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    LA/CA ; STL/MO
    Posts
    1,136

    Posted On:
    6/08/2007 1:44pm


     Style: crapp-lawl-ing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    a 400 round magazine.
    if that were a real gun, that would weigh more than you do, sir.
  2. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,047

    Posted On:
    6/08/2007 1:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    how do you jump a fence with a rope?
    I have a spider-man training center where we strung up several ropes to a tree so I can learn to websling and do various acrobatic things with ropes and it just so happens to be near a fence.

    I swing up and over the fence using the rope.

    if that were a real gun, that would weigh more than you do, sir.
    But it would be badass.
  3. Roaming East is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shaw AFB
    Posts
    126

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 12:14am


     Style: MCMAP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PDW concept still makes a shiat load of sense. How many of you jokers have ever been a crewman on a combat helo? Not a shiat load of space to store a fricken carbine for a crew chief 2 pilots and a co-gunner. The PDW concept wasnt about the power of the gun but the compact nature of it. an M4 isnt the end all be all and is CERTAINLY large enough to impede alot of the guys who are issued it for lack of anything else. The USAF and Army have pretty much used up all the MP5's we ever had so crewmen are being issued ONE m4 per aircraft and everyone else stuck with a pistol

    bullet size aside id rather have a full auto, fast loading 40 round magged MP7 than an M9 with 2 mags and a prayer.

    Of further note is the training requirement. Most of the time spent needed to train folks like us AF-weenies on personal weapons is disassembly and cleaning. the M16 class sucks for that. If they replaced it with a more reliable less stoppage prone weapon, training time would actually DECREASE and proficency with the weapon increase. Maintaining the MP5K's we had back at my last station was easy because they were kept in a case on the aircraft. Clean it once a week, test fire, then store it. Not possible with M-4s as Ms Lynch found out...
  4. SFGOON is offline
    SFGOON's Avatar

    and humble, too!

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,208

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 12:52am


     Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ You raise some good points - the M-4 needs replacing and it will get it soon with the M-8. My problem with the PDW concept are the minute, armor piercing bullets. I have seen BGs laugh off a few rounds of 9mm - how do you think a bullet will fare that is smaller than a .22 and doesn't have the mass to sustain it's velocity? Five or six hit won't mean much, especially with an AP round. Just how many terrorists are using body armour, and how bad do you suck if you can put a few rounds in his face off a draw?

    Oh yeah, you airsoft people are no better than ninjers. Own any stainless steel katanas to round out your collection?
  5. bloodline is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    34

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 2:48am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the MP7 is gay!
  6. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,047

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 3:45am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    ^ You raise some good points - the M-4 needs replacing and it will get it soon with the M-8. My problem with the PDW concept are the minute, armor piercing bullets. I have seen BGs laugh off a few rounds of 9mm - how do you think a bullet will fare that is smaller than a .22 and doesn't have the mass to sustain it's velocity? Five or six hit won't mean much, especially with an AP round. Just how many terrorists are using body armour, and how bad do you suck if you can put a few rounds in his face off a draw?

    Oh yeah, you airsoft people are no better than ninjers. Own any stainless steel katanas to round out your collection?
    I only play airsoft because it's fun. I get to shoot people without the legal ramifications behind really shooting people. Also, because 5000 rounds of BB's is a lot cheaper than 40 .45clbr rounds.

    And no, I no longer have any katanas. The ones I make keep shattering because I can't heat treat them correctly.
  7. Bladesinger is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    558

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 7:02am


     Style: MMA, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the PDW concept, done correctly, would be fine. Get the right ammo and design something low maintenance/low failure and you're good to go.

    On the other hand, as a guy who was a REMF.....more training would also be alot more helpful. But yeah, it'd be nice to have better gear than third hand stuff.
  8. SFGOON is offline
    SFGOON's Avatar

    and humble, too!

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,208

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 10:44am


     Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    I only play airsoft because it's fun. I get to shoot people without the legal ramifications behind really shooting people. Also, because 5000 rounds of BB's is a lot cheaper than 40 .45clbr rounds.
    So you're afraid of the law? HA! If you had a real weapon you wouldn't be, and I promise that 20$ for 40 rounds of ammunition would be a STEAL if you knew how much fun you could have with it. Does airsoft hit people through drywall? Wouldn't that be cool?!

    Airsoft, like ninj?tsu, is masturbation.

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodline
    I think the MP7 is gay!
    Yeah, me too!
  9. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,827

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 12:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    You raise some good points - the M-4 needs replacing and it will get it soon with the M-8.
    I thought the XM8 program was canceled, is the weapon itself still on track for deployment?
  10. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,047

    Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    So you're afraid of the law? HA! If you had a real weapon you wouldn't be, and I promise that 20$ for 40 rounds of ammunition would be a STEAL if you knew how much fun you could have with it. Does airsoft hit people through drywall? Wouldn't that be cool?!

    Airsoft, like ninj?tsu, is masturbation.



    Yeah, me too!
    Sorry, I can't really just go around shooting people with real guns at my leisure. I can with airsoft guns though!

    Like I do when I go to Tae Kwon Do, it's for fun, it's not like I'm taking that **** seriously.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.