Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 10:38am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As in blind them, especially at night. DARPA has invented a laser that causes some people to vomit and feel sick instantly that attaches to an M-4 much like a 203.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 10:47am

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    My feelings exactly.

I love you.

If you were a chick, I'd marry you.

Are you?
    I'm sorry, I'm not, but I can be if you want me to.

But as far as this thread goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    as far as airsoft goes, mp7 is more unique and looks cooler, and thus a better choice of toy imo
    The Mp7 does look cooler and in airsoft where every AEG has bascially the same gear box and fps, thats all that matters. Armor piercing stopping power and all that other **** doesn't really matter.

As to whether I am wrong about caliber and stopping power, I admit I am not a total expert I haven't really shot many guns and personally don't own any. So I could be wrong about 4.6 having poor stopping power. Maybe its imbued with magical abilites that will make it put down ten fucking elephants (as in ten elephants in a big daisy chain), I don't know.

However, when looking the historical and economic context of the MP7 as well as present conditions in which a modern army finds itself, it is not the solution we are looking for. At least not for regular army.

Its too expensive, requires new ammunition, new training, and at a point where IEDs are the major casulty makers, it is not going to help anyone enough to justify the cost. I am sure most in the army would rather more money in their paycheck than a new gun they have to learn to use.
    Last edited by rsobrien; 6/07/2007 10:50am at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsobrien
    I'm sorry, I'm not, but I can be if you want me to.

But as far as this thread goes...

The Mp7 does look cooler and in airsoft where every AEG has bascially the same gear box and fps, thats all that matters. Armor piercing stopping power and all that other **** doesn't really matter.

As to whether I am wrong about caliber and stopping power, I admit I am not a total expert I haven't really shot many guns and personally don't own any. So I could be wrong about 4.6 having poor stopping power. Maybe its imbued with magical abilites that will make it put down ten fucking elephants (as in ten elephants in a big daisy chain), I don't know.

However, when looking the historical and economic context of the MP7 as well as present conditions in which a modern army finds itself, it is not the solution we are looking for. At least not for regular army.

Its too expensive, requires new ammunition, new training, and at a point where IEDs are the major casulty makers, it is not going to help anyone enough to justify the cost. I am sure most in the army would rather more money in their paycheck than a new gun they have to learn to use.
    My MP7 is pretty awesome. I just took it apart last night and it's mechanisms are very simplistic but solid. It's really cool. It also doesn't use the V2/V3 motor. It's this odd brushless motor. Very cool. It suffers from not having that great of a velocity, but a tighter spring would fix that right up.

Next up for me is a Steyr Aug.

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 2:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsobrien
    The thing about an MP5 is that it fires from a closed bolt ( I am pretty sure), this makes it more accurate as opposed to an open bolt you would find on say a Sten gun.
    Closed bolt does help but what set the MP5 apart from the competition was its "roller delayed blowback" action instead of "simple blowback" action.

Here's another fun new action:
    http://www.kriss-tdi.com/

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 2:50pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you've got a round that won't expand and basically turbos through a body like FMJ or, god forbid, AP/API then caliber matters. A lot. It basically defines the size of the permanent wound channel. Speed does count somewhat, as the higher the speed the greater the size of the temporary wound channel. A larger temporary wound channel can lead to shock and more bleeding, but isn't as likely to drop someone where they stand.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 2:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware
    When you've got a round that won't expand and basically turbos through a body like FMJ or, god forbid, AP/API then caliber matters. A lot. It basically defines the size of the permanent wound channel. Speed does count somewhat, as the higher the speed the greater the size of the temporary wound channel. A larger temporary wound channel can lead to shock and more bleeding, but isn't as likely to drop someone where they stand.
    All of that stuff doesn't matter as much, because chances are if someone gets hit with 5-6 rounds and doesn't receive treatments really soon, they're gonna die.

All of that wound channel, exit wound, blahity blah blah crap doesn't matter as much in the end. If an object is racing faster than the speed of sound and it enters your body and fragments and punctures a bunch of different things, you're going to be horribly mauled and probably killed.

Edit:

Of course, I've never actually shot someone before in my life and this is all logical speculation on my part.

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 3:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta say, if a 4.6mm steel lump flew into my body at 600fps or higher, there's a good chance i'm going to lie down and stop doing stuff.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 3:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    I gotta say, if a 4.6mm steel lump flew into my body at 600fps or higher, there's a good chance i'm going to lie down and stop doing stuff.
    That would be quite a downer for my day.

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 10:41pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    That would be quite a downer for my day.
    Heh. Indeed.

I'm not saying it'll be fun, but from anecdotal evidence from others, (the one time I ever fired on someone we didn't go back and check for bodies) the smaller pieces of lead seem to pass through the body and if they don't do immediately fatal damage or hit a bone the target will often keep fighting.

I'm definitely not saying that they'll be hunky dory in the long term, far from it, they likely will die. But if they're still shooting back that's one more target to worry about.

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 10:53pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then you hide and wait a minute or two for the fucker to bleed to death instead of finishing him off, right? right?
    no one else agrees? aw.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast