233677 Bullies, 3405 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2936
Page 241 of 294 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:25pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Hrmm....was starting to think you mighta been Patalino...but he wouldn't let a chance to mock me slip by so easily :eusa_eh:

Sundays, sundays....damn you....so many people show up for open mat.....
    "dude, are you Jitsuman?"
    "how bout you?"
    "you?"

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    I am the third party who was holding Omar's camera when the unscheduled JFS v OS fight happened, just getting home to NYC now.

The bad news is that the footage from the fight probably sucks and likely doesn't contain everything you guys would want to see to clear up what happened. Arguing will continue even if Omar does post the video (he said this morning, just after this went down, that he would).

There is no good news, but I'll post what I saw for the record.

First, I should probably mention that I always liked Anna and Omar on the various forums, and although JFS has presented a Jekyll and Hyde thing (half lovable crotchety grandpa at TD events, half raving nutter), I'd heard from everyone that he was more Jekyll than Hyde offline. Most people are.

I took the flaming dragon bus down from NYC to see my mother, who is presently in Baltimore, do some sailing with a friend who has a boat in the harbor, and to show up to this foolishness in a neutral capacity (where was everyone else, by the way?). I thought everyone would be cooler-headed in person, probably they'd fight hard under a minimal ruleset, then I'd get to cross hands (in a friendly way) with Omar to find out if he learned anything cool in China, and then we'd go drink some beer, maybe eat something.

Omar posted his email address ages ago, I wrote to him, he sent me his number, I called to get directions from JFS's girlfriend (Pain in the Donkey), then went over there. There was no one from either camp in the car park when I arrived, so I walked over the road to JFS's apartment (included in the aforementioned directions), met up with JFS and Omar, walked back.

Omar is a smallish fellow, kinda quiet, seems quite nice. He is rather like his online persona in most regards. He didn't seem very interested in fighting anyone, preferring a friendly test of skill sort of thing. That said, I don't think he was scared or trying to duck the fight.

We walked to the car park, the Atlanta crew was there. Anna's hands were taped and she was obviously ready to fight, but she didn't like the venue. She told JFS this, and he went all Hyde and began yelling a stream of obscenities. Back and forth, blah, blah, blah. Very pro wrestling, not at all constructive. I butted in a few times to suggest that fighting on grass wouldn't be such a bad idea, and to ask why re-locating was such a problem. As an aside, JFS was friendly and calm with me through the entire weird scene, even alternating between conversing with me as Jekyll and shouting at Anna as Hyde. This was disconcerting, and I have no idea why he was acting this way. I don't think any of us, even Omar, liked to see JFS -- who is a very big dude, over six feet and near as I can guess ~17 stone (109 kg, 240 lbs) -- trying to bully Anna. I became disappointed in Omar for not taking the lead -- it's his fight, not JFS's.

[ N.B. I didn't get much of this on camera because barking isn't to my tastes. There's probably 15 minutes of audio over shots of the tarmac on this part of the tape. ]

After several go-arounds, JFS and Omar walked to one side of the car park and more or less drew a line in the sand. I walked over and tried to convince them to change venue, be reasonable, and so on. Anna said something that set off JFS, who went over yelling and bullying. I started to wonder whether he was going to do something physical, thinking about how that would turn into everyone against JFS (because, c'mon), and then something happened. I did not at the time know what happened because I was behind JFS and twenty paces away. It looked to me like he had raised his hand to waggle his finger in her face or some other foolishness like that. It was then that OS (who could see what was happening from where he was standing) came running in with a really goofy flying something or another that bounced off JFS and left OS ass-on-tarmac.

[ Remaining fight details in next post ]
    Thanks for weighing in on this, jack. Will be awaiting your next post.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    "dude, are you Jitsuman?"
    "how bout you?"
    "you?"

damn....so vaguely familiar.....please excuse me for having enough other **** distracting me in life that I don't remember a conversation 3-6 months ago during open mat :tongue6:

This is gonna drive me crazy, just PM n' tell me and I'll let you use me as a crash dummy so you can see if you can do a flying gogo or something :)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for real.

Can't wait for part 2 to perhaps clear things up.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Roberto Traven BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It almost seems that Rudy or JFS have been ghost posting as Omar and Omar had really no idea why he was there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist

damn....so vaguely familiar.....please excuse me for having enough other **** distracting me in life that I don't remember a conversation 3-6 months ago during open mat :tongue6:

This is gonna drive me crazy, just PM n' tell me and I'll let you use me as a crash dummy so you can see if you can do a flying gogo or something :)
    Here's a hint. 5 weeks ago we talked for a bit about your old kempo school, TMA's and RBSD.

You also memorably said "I used to tell people I was into martial arts, now I just tell em' I like to fight"

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:32pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonillo
    I was impressed, very greatly.

By his command of the Chinese language.

Not by his Gong Fu.
    Amen to that, some of the words his sifu used, he managed to translate, and I didn't even know the meaning of those words. Like "chip on his shoulder." Shame on me.

Well, I'm checking my emails first thing in the morning, and I still haven't seen the results up to this point, I can't wait to scroll down.......:happy7:

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a hint. 5 weeks ago we talked for a bit about your old kempo school, TMA's and RBSD.

You also memorably said "I used to tell people I was into martial arts, now I just tell em' I like to fight"
    lol, glad I make memorable quotes :)
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh **** I think I know who you are.... we spoke either then or before then briefly about this site as well right?
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that I'm not sure of.