:)

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 11:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    well i'm not sure how other people do it,but i sometimes pm certain guys if i need advice,often i get replys.

Since i live in holland it would be a bit much to fly over to Boston,otherwise it would be nice to meet and train with bullshidomembers!

Anyway,if you have any questions about sanshou,you can always pm me,no problem,ill do my best to help a fellow sanshouguy out.

laters
    Thanks man, sorry for having a crappy attitude before. I've started using PMs and have got lots of good advice. Though I didn't know it at first, this site is exactly what I was looking for. I may be in Holland within a year or so, (on tour with Mighty Mystic) if this summers DJ/vocalist tour goes well...I'd love to buy you a beer, or a j, or something (what's the custom? hehe)

I'm not worth flying over to train with, (I'm not even worth looking at a picture of a
    plane for) But I'll be at the next Boston TD and you can point out how I got myself thumped silly (I can take it though, hard headed)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 11:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Thanks man, sorry for having a crappy attitude before. I've started using PMs and have got lots of good advice. Though I didn't know it at first, this site is exactly what I was looking for. I may be in Holland within a year or so, (on tour with Mighty Mystic) if this summers DJ/vocalist tour goes well...I'd love to buy you a beer, or a j, or something (what's the custom? hehe)

I'm not worth flying over to train with, (I'm not even worth looking at a picture of a
    plane for) But I'll be at the next Boston TD and you can point out how I got myself thumped silly (I can take it though, hard headed)
    Hey bro, a little advice. I don't think it's a good idea to put yourself down so much. I've read many posts where you talk mad **** about yourself. Be a little more assertive and stand firm on your word with little or no explanation, if nobody asks for one. The way you talk about yourself makes you an easy target.
    Last edited by lohanchien; 6/11/2007 11:46pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 4:30am

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... I'm not worth flying over to train with, (I'm not even worth looking at a picture of a
    Oh god, the wailing violins.
    Sometimes this kind of false putdown just isn't worth doing because it is so unfunny it's painful.
    Please stop.

Hey watch some more throwdown vids and amaze yourself at how nobody ever gets thumped silly.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 4:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lohanchien
    Hey bro, a little advice. I don't think it's a good idea to put yourself down so much. I've read many posts where you talk mad **** about yourself. Be a little more assertive and stand firm on your word with little or no explanation, if nobody asks for one. The way you talk about yourself makes you an easy target.

I dont want to burst anyones bubble here, since some of us seem to be trying to help this guy/girl/shim, whatever.......boby is a TROLL.

TROLL

TROLL

TROLL

I hope that by saying it more than once it will sink in.

Carry on.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 9:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, he's getting the benefit of the doubt. Misguided? Maybe.
    He has swung to extremes. He was condescending now self deprecating, most trolls don't swing to these extremes.

We asked for proof and doubted he trained.
    He put videos up of his ....sparring.......something some members (myself included) have not done.

Also, think ICY, trolls almost never put up videos. Kikkoman and knightmare are the only ones that come to mind.

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 11:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If by troll, you mean made up internet alter ego, it's not so. I laugh at myself all the time, not because I don't have skills, I just know I can't hang with my fellow students sometimes, and it's funny to me. I'll be at the NY throwdown on the 24th....and ready to spar. I wouldn't want anyone to get the idea in their head, that I don't intend to do some of this stuff I'm talking about, in my sparring. I do already, and often pay the price...I laugh at that too.

NY on the 24th...16oz gloves, shinguards and mouthpiece (headgear too if we're smart), and some of you could test my abilities in person. Active competing fighters best me often in sparring, but just being strong, with a good set of punches, and thinking I can't land a good sidekick or combo, and some of that stuff you might laugh at, won't stop me from doing my thing, and pushing it.

I don't drop my hands unless it's no head punches (look at full contact karate with same rules, and you'll see the same thing often).

Taking that joke video to be the limit of what I can do, would only make a sparring session embarrassing....and prevent either of us from learning much. From what I've seen, the people who actually spar together, from this site, have good control. Because it matters to them. The chest thumpers who wont come down, but could if they chose, don't bother me, I get that in the music biz too....all talk, no do. Strap a guitar to me, and I'll play with anyone, cos I play 5+ hours most days. Martial arts, 2+ hours a day (not counting fight clips, book study or other non physical research). I get the gym 3 or 4 days a week lately...and I started out in pathetic shape...so I'm good humored about it....like it, don't like it, I'll still be found there, and I'll be at the Boston and NY throwdowns...prove me a troll, or get over me being too wordy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 1:18pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't drop my hands unless it's no head punches (look at full contact karate with same rules, and you'll see the same thing often).
    Even then it can be too risky to drop your hands. My first tournament was a continuous sparring format, and as a beginner we were supposed to have no head contact. So I trained with my hands down.

First match I won clean in two rounds. Second match I got my head rocked in the first round, but then the ref called me for head shots, won the second round, and gassed in the third.

I did fight almost back to back matches on accident(they called someone's name who rhymes with my last name, so I jumped in on his match, and then fought the next match) and gave up 50lbs to the last guy, but I think the head shots are what really got me. I can still see me throwing my hands up in disgust at the ref.

Point is, I fucked up by changing my training to drop my hands.

Fool me once yadda yadda yadda

I'm the one foolishly punching to the body.

Posted On:
    6/12/2007 4:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the advice...we mostly kick each other when we spar like that. More to get the legs tough than anything else...it wasn't taped to impress, but by chance, a friend came downstairs and filmed it...same for the park. I made the slideshow to poke fun, not to inform or show off.....but 95% of the sparring I've done this month, was properly executed. I hate eating punches because my guard was low, and won't make it easy for anyone to tag me (sometimes I do drop my guard to draw the overhand right, so I can stamp/sidekick them back...doesn't always work, but when it does, it works well..I got big heelbones. Respect for going up against a guy with 50lbs on you....the last time I did that, I got my legs abused cos I kicked him in the head...and he didn't appreciate it (and that wasn't a full contact match, just sparring, supposedly).

again, thanks for the tip.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123