Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 5:31am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Listen up man.

You came here and started talking down to us, so you got abused. You really didnt get the full treatment either.
    The reason no one has gone all out to run you away from Bullshido, is that no one reaally cares about you.
    You are just another summer troll with a big mouth, and an even bigger imagination.

Dammit, wheres the ignore function key?

:)

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Listen up man.

You came here and started talking down to us, so you got abused. You really didnt get the full treatment either.
    The reason no one has gone all out to run you away from Bullshido, is that no one reaally cares about you.
    You are just another summer troll with a big mouth, and an even bigger imagination.

Dammit, wheres the ignore function key?
    Didn't mean to talk down oldman, I came into a throwdown over bellies and fly in fights and didn't know what the hell was going on. Thanks for not giving me the full treatment.
    I have a big mouth, and a bigger imagination, guilty! But I haven't lied to anyone about myself and I do also train, and spar, and study, and love the martial arts...if I can get to one or more of these throwdowns, I'll be more in my element (I'm not snotty in person), and we can all laugh together as some young buck beats me down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 12:39pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    For all I know, you're a 400 lb window washer with a good internet connection and a penchant for pizza.
    That would be terrifying.
    Imagine if he fell off his ladder ontop of you!

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 1:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i KNOW IT...He wouldn't need to fall on me or be 400;bs to hurt me right now. I got my ass kicked today. Boxed my teacher and the top competing student (top san shou student) and got my ass handed. The the top female student had already given me a nosebleed. It's the hardest thing in the world to get tagged real good, and keep control, and not edge up the power to compensate for a bad skill matchup. They are all very good, so I don't feel bad (other than the lumps and bruises). I did well against the other people I sparred, but damn, I hurt right now.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 2:27pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bobyclumsyninja = Ali G?

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 2:40pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....I'll read this thread later...my daughter is tugging on my shoulder.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2007 3:21pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 7:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Didn't mean to talk down oldman, I came into a throwdown over bellies and fly in fights and didn't know what the hell was going on. Thanks for not giving me the full treatment.
    I have a big mouth, and a bigger imagination, guilty! But I haven't lied to anyone about myself and I do also train, and spar, and study, and love the martial arts...if I can get to one or more of these throwdowns, I'll be more in my element (I'm not snotty in person), and we can all laugh together as some young buck beats me down.
    ok, i rarely take a trip out of ymas forum,but i was reading around a bit and stumbled into one of your posting tantrums.

I've watched your videos a bit,and assume you are the fellow with the long hair.
    First of all:your a good guitarist,keep it up!
    We have some things in common:we both play the guitar and we both spar/fight in sanda/sanshou.
    But that is about it.

I am a lousy guitarplayer as you are a lousy sanda practisioner.
    We are both (i think) motivated to learn the things we are crap at,which is commendable.

Big difference:Me as a crappy guitarist doesnt go to a forum on guitarheroes and start posting about how cool i am at the pentatonic tone scale.
    Wouldnt make sense right?
    Also i will not argue with people who know better then me,instead of annoying/irritating them i would use the opportunity to get to know some of them and actually get some hints and tips.
    Pretty smart idea huh?

I have been reading several of your posts here and to be quite honest:it's nice to see how motivated you are,but i think you have a bit of a unrealistic view,you make these fake humble remarks about yourself,but the overall feeling i get reading your posts is that you think you are quite promising.

in my book you are not:the only video i saw was the one in that kitchen while you were doing 'light sparring'.
    you have no decent footwork,no guard at all and you dont use your hips or use your weight when you punch,light sparring or not,always be technically correct.

The way you move around i would say you have been at it since 6 months max.
    Which is ok,my point is:wake up,smell the coffee,stop posting your cool sanshou moves and read more.

Omega for example is a great guy to learn stuff from,i;m always willing to give you any info from what i know over pm,and im sure there are a lot of other bullshido members who feel the same way.

You could benefit from being a member here,but instead you're without knowing it halftrolling the threads.

Please let this post sink in before you go into defensive mode,you can always trash me later. ;-)

Posted On:
    6/10/2007 1:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    ok, i rarely take a trip out of ymas forum,but i was reading around a bit and stumbled into one of your posting tantrums.

I've watched your videos a bit,and assume you are the fellow with the long hair.
    First of all:your a good guitarist,keep it up!
    We have some things in common:we both play the guitar and we both spar/fight in sanda/sanshou.
    But that is about it.

I am a lousy guitarplayer as you are a lousy sanda practisioner.
    We are both (i think) motivated to learn the things we are crap at,which is commendable.

Big difference:Me as a crappy guitarist doesnt go to a forum on guitarheroes and start posting about how cool i am at the pentatonic tone scale.
    Wouldnt make sense right?
    Also i will not argue with people who know better then me,instead of annoying/irritating them i would use the opportunity to get to know some of them and actually get some hints and tips.
    Pretty smart idea huh?

I have been reading several of your posts here and to be quite honest:it's nice to see how motivated you are,but i think you have a bit of a unrealistic view,you make these fake humble remarks about yourself,but the overall feeling i get reading your posts is that you think you are quite promising.

in my book you are not:the only video i saw was the one in that kitchen while you were doing 'light sparring'.
    you have no decent footwork,no guard at all and you dont use your hips or use your weight when you punch,light sparring or not,always be technically correct.

The way you move around i would say you have been at it since 6 months max.
    Which is ok,my point is:wake up,smell the coffee,stop posting your cool sanshou moves and read more.

Omega for example is a great guy to learn stuff from,i;m always willing to give you any info from what i know over pm,and im sure there are a lot of other bullshido members who feel the same way.

You could benefit from being a member here,but instead you're without knowing it halftrolling the threads.

Please let this post sink in before you go into defensive mode,you can always trash me later. ;-)
    I'm not amazing at san shou, or boxing or anything, I only get by on sneaky combos, but not what you saw...that was to sparring what noodling is to guitar....I'm 30, and started all this martial arts about 5 years, ago..it's all wild to me, and I come at it like I do with music, full throttle (even though I suck). I'm sorry that the only clip there is of me, is that kitchen stuff...that clip was made as a joke, to f with Marc E Smith (he had giant shin-thigh bruises from blocking/eating the soccer kicks) the bass player. The sparring we do in class is monitored, and more of what you'd want to see.

Guitar/production is obviously my primary thing, but I train hard, and have lots to overcome...so I have to, to keep up.
    Didn't mean to half troll any discussion. The first things I saw on this site threw me for a real loop. I pointed out guys with fat could scrap (mark hunt, others) not knowing where I was, and seeing belly mocking (??) and felt the mild wrath, so I got defensive...and made an ass out of myself..what can I do now, but stop doing it.

I'll be at the Boston throwdowns, schedule permitting, and won't present as a mildly retarded, idiot hippy musician, with ADD and some delusional symptoms. I'll be getting my cardio up while we plan the next one, that's my main hurdle.

I've read far more than I've written on Bullshido, and once I found the non-confrontational areas, with some small adjustments, learned many great things.
    I sucked at guitar for years, and had to learn how to learn, same with the martial arts.
    If you look at my posts (loooooooong, sorry bout that) I'm not telling of my heroics, I'm talking about how I headbutt the glove, or get hit, kicked, and I'm begging for help.

I didn't know PM ing was used much at all for these things, sorry. Come to Boston TD, you can kick me in the head, you'll feel better...hehe.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/11/2007 9:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i'm not sure how other people do it,but i sometimes pm certain guys if i need advice,often i get replys.

Since i live in holland it would be a bit much to fly over to Boston,otherwise it would be nice to meet and train with bullshidomembers!

Anyway,if you have any questions about sanshou,you can always pm me,no problem,ill do my best to help a fellow sanshouguy out.

laters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast