:)

Posted On:
    6/04/2007 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RESPECT for the great post.

I use the misdirection that the kung fu used so well, when I spar. Using circling hands to conceal a good old soccer kick to the thigh(tiger, but would be a nut kick), Turning away from the opponent to have him rush in and catch a mule kick to the belly, slip stepping in with the backfist to keep my upper body from turning or bouncing as I close the gap and place the side kick (normally in san shou, as you know, we do a hopping side kick, but with the slip step, and punch, I have time and space to plant a karate style gut buster).

I'm fairly weak, and clumsy...but the inteligence of kung fu strategy, keeps me safer than I deserve. I've also circled into the over hand, to provoke a predictable response and punish said sparring partner, it did me good to hear you tell of using it. This relates to the way in crane style, the guard may be incomplete, or withdrawn, or more commonly lowered, to provoke the invited strike to the "exposed" area, and allow for the proper execution of the counter. I love to wait for the jab, and spin off to my left using the turn of my shoulders to give me the range to land solidly, and only smell the opponent's glove, not taste it. When the predictable overhand right comes my way,I float back a little in a slight crouch and throw the guarenteed score left hook to the ear as they go past me. These tricks are the only thing keeping me alive in there (my fellow students are far beyond me in flexability, cardio, and years of training).

The leg slapping/foot stomping in the opening set of the kung fu I was being taught (in exchange for guitar lessons, I studied in private for almost 2 years), gave me leg conditioning (not including the shins, mostly feet and thighs) beyond most of the people I spar. Though I get decked quite often, I don't go down from strikes (or haven't yet) that don't involve my nuts. I am gratefull for the good advice my first Sifu gave me, and though I can't do the same kicks without shoes on, I use the small insight into a traditional style that I was blessed with, to inspire my own combinations when I kickbox. I know it working when I'm landing shots and not getting clocked ( I got axe kicked in the head Friday, so my chi ebbed huh?) I have to use "sneaky" combos to avoid being slaughtered by my kung fu brothers (and sisters, we have some tough young ladies in our school, who've tagged me on many occasion, and to have control after a solid hook from a female fighter takes discipline and respect which the chinese martial arts taught me)
    I'm glad to have read your post, I wish more people would share their fight experiences, we could all learn something.

please excuse my spelling (I can't spel, spel hehe)
    RESPECT

Posted On:
    6/04/2007 1:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You gotta love not leaving the ribs open...I do

Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason
    Great video Omega! To add to your point, a "bitchslap" to the ear is called boxing the ear. It hurts like hell, and it quite effective. So is a bitchslap to the nuts now that I think about it.
    Two sparring classes ago, I was being pressed by a 210 lb ex-marine (he's a friend of mine, but I'd faked low and wallace style round kicked him in the head and he was angry..I'd never done this in class before that day, but had just done in to one of our mma guys five minutes before..he's my height and I don't think he thought I could land it)...

...sorry for the tangent... he was kicking my legs around, I'm 178, and in desperation as I got a moment with both legs planted and he leaned in for an overhand right...I cuffed him with my right palm (really, a tiger claw, in a 16oz glove) in the side of his head and not only did he not land his punch because he lost his balance...but his eyes went wide open.

I practiced it the next week in the regular class during bag work...and found I can lay more damage on the bag with the inside flat of the glove, than with my right hook, and have the added advantage of not exposing the ribs as much..I'm going to try it as a counter to any number of moves next time I spar. (to be clear, more head shaking, brain decking shock, not more raw pushing power)

The Joe Calzaghe/ Jeff Lacy fight apparently saw Jeff Lacy eat about a thousand punches...many of which were the same kind. After the fight, Jeff's head was enormous and he never did get to plant to throw his amazing bombs. Speed trumped power and those cutting and slapping punches helped the longest reigning champ in Boxing destroy the young undefeated Lacy (or Lacey, I don't know)

I'll be adding this strike to my kickboxing arsenal, and the problem of throwing a right without exposing myself to a rib kick (my least favorite experience) may well be a thing of the past...or at least harder to time. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to work a low round kick in to follow it, to the stomach if they bend a little, or the leg if they turn a little. If I can get that, then I can perhaps the right cuff/slap as a set up to fake the low round kick, and go for the side of the head.

RESPECT

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/04/2007 9:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved from:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50834

Moved because these posts are about you and your training. The thread, as much as it is a nut rider post ground now, was for Omega to describe his style.

You want to comment or ask questions cool.
    You want to say how close it is to your training cool.
    If you want to be like Kempofist and keep retelling your pokemon joke (which he stole from boyd and HH as an insult to Kempo) go ahead.

Long rant stories and such will be moved.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/04/2007 9:48am at .

Posted On:
    6/04/2007 11:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Moved from:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50834

Moved because these posts are about you and your training. The thread, as much as it is a nut rider post ground now, was for Omega to describe his style.
    I didn't want to simply say, Omega I want to birth your children. I think he's cool too, and wanted to get into a conversation. I appreciate you giving me a little spot here, but It's san shou, not kung fu class. I took those lessons in private.

I'm new to the site and am having trouble finding discussion on technique, and avoiding slander sessions and circle jerks (if you'll excuse the expression). I'll keep searching.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/05/2007 2:01am at . Reason: fixed quote tags

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 2:00am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't correct me when you have Tiger Kung Fu in your style field. I'm not going to play semantics with you.

You do San SHou at your Tiger Kung Fu Class.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 4:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    I I'll keep searching.

Try MAP

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 8:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Don't correct me when you have Tiger Kung Fu in your style field. I'm not going to play semantics with you.

You do San SHou at your Tiger Kung Fu Class.
    Tiger kung fu is in my profile, because I took private lessons before I joined the Chinese Kickboxing club. I traded my sifu for guitar lessons, but the secrecy and lack of contact bothered me. I still practice the form, but wouldn't fight that way(raking the eyes? if it wasn't desperate. (I perform, and you can't always go to battle all the way, or trigger a brawl, and still get to do the show, so restraint is needed). Often a firm grip and steady temperment solve more than all out combat. You may not have to admit that, not being in a lot of high tension situations where it's not ok to clock someone and dance over their unconcious body. I don't know because you haven't offered **** about yourself.

remind me what I corrected of yours please, was it a valid thought or a rant? If you mean the kung fu thing, My posts were about kickboxing, you give me a demeaning paternal sounding title to a thread I didn't start, I thank you for it, and you're still amped up? If I'm not mistaken, you are the same poster f-ing with other guys in a different thread. Is that all you do, or is that how you blow off steam?
    I'm just trying to find out how people train, and if they have anything to recommend.

You can laugh at the tiger form lessons, I don't care, I can't help if it sounds funny.
    Just out of curiosity, do you ever compete, and if you do what weight?
    For all I know, you're a 400 lb window washer with a good internet connection and a penchant for pizza.
    Every time someone mocks me, without saying anything about their own training or teaching experience, they are reinforcing my impression that they are only internet savvy, and can't really offer anything to someone in training. This is new for me, many of the martial artists I talk to in person are quite respectful, and like to discuss applications or theory.
    Often in person it possible to spot a bs artist...and when in person, I don't get insulted to my face very often at all, and we usually come to some understanding and part, if not friends, then not enemies. I've been playing music in clubs, bars, and the subway for years and years, so I have a thick skin and can laugh off a lot of non-physical abuse.
    I just want to know what, if anything you do. If you tell me, I'll leave you alone about it.
    No one is willing to speak on their training? That's mind-boggling to me, is this why people leave the site? Are there places within the site you can recommend that don't involve bullshit and bullshit artists? Should rational thought have to be banished?
    Shouldn't it be the insulting parties that get to dwell in some dark corner.

Enlighten me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 8:41pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Tiger kung fu is in my profile, because I took private lessons before I joined the Chinese Kickboxing club. I traded my sifu for guitar lessons, but the secrecy and lack of contact bothered me. I still practice the form, but wouldn't fight that way(raking the eyes? if it wasn't desperate. (I perform, and you can't always go to battle all the way, or trigger a brawl, and still get to do the show, so restraint is needed). Often a firm grip and steady temperment solve more than all out combat. You may not have to admit that, not being in a lot of high tension situations where it's not ok to clock someone and dance over their unconcious body. I don't know because you haven't offered **** about yourself.

remind me what I corrected of yours please, was it a valid thought or a rant? If you mean the kung fu thing, My posts were about kickboxing, you give me a demeaning paternal sounding title to a thread I didn't start, I thank you for it, and you're still amped up? If I'm not mistaken, you are the same poster f-ing with other guys in a different thread. Is that all you do, or is that how you blow off steam?
    I'm just trying to find out how people train, and if they have anything to recommend.

You can laugh at the tiger form lessons, I don't care, I can't help if it sounds funny.
    Just out of curiosity, do you ever compete, and if you do what weight?
    For all I know, you're a 400 lb window washer with a good internet connection and a penchant for pizza.
    Every time someone mocks me, without saying anything about their own training or teaching experience, they are reinforcing my impression that they are only internet savvy, and can't really offer anything to someone in training. This is new for me, many of the martial artists I talk to in person are quite respectful, and like to discuss applications or theory.
    Often in person it possible to spot a bs artist...and when in person, I don't get insulted to my face very often at all, and we usually come to some understanding and part, if not friends, then not enemies. I've been playing music in clubs, bars, and the subway for years and years, so I have a thick skin and can laugh off a lot of non-physical abuse.
    I just want to know what, if anything you do. If you tell me, I'll leave you alone about it.
    No one is willing to speak on their training? That's mind-boggling to me, is this why people leave the site? Are there places within the site you can recommend that don't involve bullshit and bullshit artists? Should rational thought have to be banished?
    Shouldn't it be the insulting parties that get to dwell in some dark corner.

Enlighten me.
    No. No one is going to answer an egotistical braggart who has said no one else trains but him. When you calm the hell down maybe you'll get answers.

Seriously, all your posts contain references to your guitar, band, keyboard warriors, and condescension.

What else is funny is, almost all your posts have backhanded insults with weird logic.

You demand answers and say crap like this
    Then forget the same assumption can be applied to you.

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The difference is, you can look for Bobby Clumsy Ninja on you tube, and find me, see me with the band and hear the music. Same goes for The Chinese Kickboxing and Submission Fighting Club in Boston. I say it, because I want people to go there and do it. Guitar and music is my main passion, followed closely by martial arts.
    I came to the site calm, and ran into a shitstorm of abusive posts, including some by yourself if I remember correctly. I saw some Bullshido vids online and came to check it out. I have found a few people here and there (mostly there) who train, and want to trade advice or training tips, and that is my goal. The other stuff is responding to people who poke 5th grade fun at my questions, or are just fucking rude...the same thing I do when someone gets all up in my video with that trash in my day to day. You're starting to sound almost reasonable in these later posts (almost), keep that going please.

I still don't know what a Larper is, I'm confused about Trolls, still looking for tips that don't include my self-induced death/removal or a similar sentiment. I'm mostly catching flack, everyone wants to be mysterious, that's all of this on a website dedicated to improving the martial arts and training and cutting through the bs. Can you at least appreciate why you or others might be eating backhanded comments from me?

I spoke on my school, teachers and students, band stuff, when dared to do so, by some poster who didn't say **** about himself. I mention what I do, because that's how people know entertainers. It isn't just being good, it's being willing to talk, and share, and a bunch of other stuff that's easy to mock, and hard to do.

I wouldn't want to put anyone down, just for not training. Plenty of people know about it but don't do it, but these people should say so. I will speak out if it appears someone is implying expertise, or just giving **** to a martial artist without speaking on what they do, and what, other than fight clips, their experience is.
    I'm looking for some honesty. Pick one of these if you like..... I sound like a dumbass because A) I'm self promoting (the band) B) I always do better with a guitar strapped to me C) Cheap insults provoke me into responding.

Speaking of reaons I'm a dumbass, I went with my girl to class, and apparently tuesdays 6-7 is the women's kickboxing class now, ....teacher told me I'd have to paint my nails to participate.
    I said yeah, but had to sit anyway.
    during the next class,he let me punch/kick the bag for 50 minutes or so while they drilled. All's well that ends well, even though I'm a dumbass.

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I think I got you started before? someone said that

Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    Try MAP
    thanks, what's MAP? part of the site? I love the tree.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast