Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 12:08am

Style: SPM Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Yeah, there are plenty of videos of us on the Internet. Thanks for playing though.
    I think you misunderstood my original post. I was referring to the way omar chats so much **** about everyone else's vids/etc... yet when we finally see HIM doing something it is a pure crock of shite. Omar is the royal suckage. He has no rights to talk about anyone elses skill til he learns to hit with more than the power of a mild breeze.

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 7:28am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh. Ok.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    6/06/2007 5:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't wait to see "Omar III: Die Darkman Die" and "Omar IV: Citizens on Patrol."

I'm on PINS AND NEEDLES.

Edit: I would pay cash money to see Rudy fight Omar.
    Last edited by Kid Miracleman; 6/06/2007 5:38pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 6:07pm

Style: Alien Cosmic Chi Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are thinking of boxing bag training. I think he is just throwing some punches with some of the techniques from different IMA he knows. Not trying for maximum power either. In the context of boxing, it is bad. But otherwise it is not as bad as people making it out to be.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 10:28pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaguaMonk
    You guys are thinking of boxing bag training. I think he is just throwing some punches with some of the techniques from different IMA he knows. Not trying for maximum power either. In the context of boxing, it is bad. But otherwise it is not as bad as people making it out to be.
    So the IMA way to hit a heavy bag is "badly"?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 10:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Terrible transition between movements (what you look for in ANY good fighter). Also was really shaky entering and exiting striking distance. Timing was out - you could see his strikes either extented before he made contact or made contact before the ideal point in the movement. He couldn't find his range at all in a few of the techniques. Just horrible movement all round. Never managed to get his feet under any of his strikes.

I could go on. And with respect I'm sure not everyone is thinking in terms of boxing bag. Many (like me learning a traditional art and others who have knowledge of traditional arts) can see that it simply blows.

I read the original thread on EmptyFlower and know the context that this clip was offered. He was trying to give pointers to a guy who was fighting sanda how to better work the bag. Truth is the guy who was fighting wasn't too bad (Ashe was his name).
    http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1179471990

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 10:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailewen
    I see what BT is talking about. Your circling but it's not really coordinated with your attacks. Good foot work is not about just circling to keep what ever relative angle you like with your opponent. Should have some zig-zags on entrance or throughout combos. You're kind of circling and and then attacking straight in. I don't see the evasive intent that is so beautifully presented in the clip Old Red threw up there.

That wasn't my first thought though. I just went back to rewatch with the footwork in mind after reading BT's comments. My first thought was that you are not really linking your kicks to your punches like you could. The kicks remind of old American kickboxing where there was a rule that you had to throw a certain amount each round so boxers would fight in those things and just throw the kicks to get them out of the way so they could get on to the business of outboxing their opponent.

If I'm feeling gutsy enough I am tempted to make a clip this afternoon but I'm still not sure how I feel about putting certain stuff on youtube. Maybe I'll just make a private video to send you for the sake of conversation and avoid the stress of public criticism from complete strangers.
    There's the context. Omar is 'Bailewen'.
    Last edited by Tao Yin Lee; 7/02/2007 10:44pm at . Reason: Forgot to mention Omar = Bailewen

software engineer

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can any other guys make Baltimore on 7/9?
    I'm in DC through the 8th, but was planning on going back to Boston on the 9th straightaway.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    7/04/2007 7:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although I am arriving in Baltimore on the 9th, the fight is scheduled for the 11th at 11.

This is the first time I have checked Bullshido in about a week so if you want to get in touch with me pm me at either Rudy's board or at Emptyflower.

The phone number and address I posted earlier on this thread will not be any good after this Saturday.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 3:49am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Omar, before you trashtalk me on TMA again you should realize that I am better then you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CW4CY3BzMk
    :love3: I love you Heavybag. :love3:
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast