Page 3 of 9 First 1234567 ... Last
  1. #21
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Who's Omar?
    Think a lower key KFDW.

    He wants to be rated as an Asia or an Omega but, well you've seen his two videos.

  2. #22
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that bag in the first video has lead in the bottom of it .

    Srsly Guys , his form looked good ... but little energy was being transferred . It had to have had some lead or bricks in the bag .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  3. #23
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I think that bag in the first video has lead in the bottom of it .

    Srsly Guys , his form looked good ...
    Your definition of good must be very different from my own.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  4. #24
    Neildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,045
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good form, for kung fooey.

  5. #25
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    I think that bag in the first video has lead in the bottom of it .

    Srsly Guys , his form looked good ... but little energy was being transferred . It had to have had some lead or bricks in the bag .
    Where? From a xingyi aspect it looked pretty shitty and I learned some pretty shitty xingyi.

  6. #26
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Where? From a xingyi aspect it looked pretty shitty and I learned some pretty shitty xingyi.
    Hell , I mean I am in no way an expert at xingyi or any kung fu but it looked about right . Hence why I don't do it . It looks exactly like the kung fu that is taught at Y here and seemed to follow a lot of the principles I learned as a kid which I disagreed with .

    For example his foot work when he was throwing those short tight hooks and upper cuts , sucked ass , and actually pulled power from his punches . Which was something I remember thinking at 12 years old in my Shaolin Kung Fu class .

    It was shitty bag work from a kickboxing/boxing/KK/MT/San Shou view point , but I thought it looked about right for someone with years of kung fu and little application besides air punching and controlled light contact sparring .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  7. #27
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His footwork reminded me of something I saw on Naruto when one of the pre-teen ninjas was charging at a rival ninja trying to stab him.

    Although it lacked the swooshy sound effects and blinding-fast ninja speed.

    At least Sasuke knows how to use an armbar.

  8. #28
    Neildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,045
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a re-edit with colorful chi blasts is in order.

  9. #29
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Hell , I mean I am in no way an expert at xingyi or any kung fu but it looked about right . Hence why I don't do it . It looks exactly like the kung fu that is taught at Y here and seemed to follow a lot of the principles I learned as a kid which I disagreed with .

    For example his foot work when he was throwing those short tight hooks and upper cuts , sucked ass , and actually pulled power from his punches . Which was something I remember thinking at 12 years old in my Shaolin Kung Fu class .

    It was shitty bag work from a kickboxing/boxing/KK/MT/San Shou view point , but I thought it looked about right for someone with years of kung fu and little application besides air punching and controlled light contact sparring .
    Scared me for a minute BFM. I thought you broke when fsa_fsa made you cry.

  10. #30
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Scared me for a minute BFM. I thought you broke when fsa_fsa made you cry.
    So you see why THERE HAS TO BE BRICKS AND CONCRETE in the bottom of that bag .

    .... there was this nice low level sliding jab thingy , that malformed the bag and showed good penetration .. considering it was a pretty unorthodox movement ...

    wait ... did I just blow the my own theory about it being a super dense and heavy bag , out of the water ? **** I did .

    * initiating excuse search *

    Oh I know why it looks so bad , here lets try this one :

    Kung Fu isn't made to hit the heavy bag . It only works on the street and ...well Kung Fu isn't a sport . So it only works on the streets .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 3 of 9 First 1234567 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO