punch-drunk

Posted On:
    6/04/2007 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kato you are being a major douche.
    The kid is making a valuable contribution and you want to go all Dr.Phill on his family. They were doing what they thought was right at the time, and then they learned and moved on. Now he's providing some good insight, let him run with it. You may have some decent general points about all the daycare/mcdojos out there, but you don't need to keep attacking his family, who you know very little about, to make your point.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 12:39am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato_1
    Oh, so the thread was to grab attention for yourself. Sorry, I missed the "please give me your pity" tagline. I wasn't attacking your proficiency, more your view that, as a child, what you went through made you proficient.

Here's the facts: Kids, no matter what they think, cannot be black belts. Sorry, you might think you know a lot, but you don't know ****. My comment wasn't about you, nor about your school. It was about kids in martial arts. It may seem like a lot for you to take in, but in reality it was because you were a kid.

Did you get fucked over by a scam artist? Sounds like it, but I msised all the other West Wind threads.

Do you deserve a "Woe is me" thread? Nope. Sounds like you learned a lot of things, from your own posts. your instructor and your parents are to blame.

What you learned is a great springboard into another dojo.

I don't think this forum is here to give you a great big virtual hug and tell you it's all right and you are a good person.

I have met and trained many young martial artists and have never met one under the age of 16 that deserved a black belt.
    There are people that think "this is bullshido, where we attack everybody"

It's not.

It's bullshido, where people can come and tell their stories about their training. If those stories are negative, the WW people know where to find us.

This is the "serious" part of bullshido and there are more productive ways to ask your questions then frothing at the mouth like this.

If you find yourself unable to do so, please consider the ENTIRE REST OF THE SITE as your playground, and simply refrain from bothering people in the "Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards" (AKA MABS) section.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 8:14am

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by undrcovrbrothr

more to come, if i can remember some other things.
    undrcovrbrothr, I'd be interested in hearing more about the special "pre-black belt" diet, the rationale for it, and the qualifications of anyone who designed it. I've never heard of anything like that before. I'd also like to know if you could give any more insight into the "Order of the Cobra", and why your female friend was favored.

As for Kato . . .

There are many karate kata that focus on specific areas of training, be it striking, kicking, stances (which promote balance) etc . .

I went to a BJJ class once and didn't see a single technique that wasn't part of what we are taught in some form. Sometimes entries are different, but the technique is the same.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...3&postcount=61

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. :mumum: That sucks. One thing you said jumped out at me:

The Black Belt training was hell. Hell.

That month was proabably the hardest thing I've done in my life. About 50 different kicks, 100's of techniques, several unarmed and armed katas, and original material had to be run through six days a week with unforgiving instructors and one off day that you came and did it on your own in if you were a good student.
    Are you saying they expected BB candidates to invent original material?? Please do tell more because that sounds insane.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 10:49am

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sigh. West Winds strikes again. I just don't have the energy...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 10:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    There are people that think "this is bullshido, where we attack everybody"

It's not.

It's bullshido, where people can come and tell their stories about their training. If those stories are negative, the WW people know where to find us.

This is the "serious" part of bullshido and there are more productive ways to ask your questions then frothing at the mouth like this.

If you find yourself unable to do so, please consider the ENTIRE REST OF THE SITE as your playground, and simply refrain from bothering people in the "Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards" (AKA MABS) section.
    This has gotten way out of context.

My point was, and is, that no dojo or organization can "steal" the childhood from someone without the implied consent of the parent, so the "blame" needs to be shared.

I have never heard of West Wind before, so perhaps, I stepped into a shitstorm without realizing it. If that's the case, I apologize. I didn't have the context.

The frustration I expressed in my last post was because in reading Uncrcovr's posts, I interpreted "I titled it that to grab attention" as a "woe is me" post. If that wasn't the intent, then I apologize.

Is West Wind Bullshido? I have no idea since I had never heard of them until this post, but this site is very good at exposing Bullshido, so if others have indicated it is, then I trust that opinion.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 10:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlurker
    I give up. What is this supposed to indicate? That I posted a message on page 7 of a 19 page thread?

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 11:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I give up. What is this supposed to indicate? That I posted a message on page 7 of a 19 page thread?
    JJJ < BJJ

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 1:49pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    Wow. :mumum: That sucks. One thing you said jumped out at me:

Are you saying they expected BB candidates to invent original material?? Please do tell more because that sounds insane.
    You were supposed to come up with your own responses to scenario's- one two punch counter, etc. They were an offshoot fo Ed Parker's/Tracey's Kempo, and they had a very padded curriculim. You really had to do a lot of stuff, but it was mostly a lot of flailing in the air. A few of the guys that went there and left were pretty good, for TMA standards. They had about 50 ways to poke a guy in the eyes or hit him in the nuts. It was better than nothing, I suppose, but it probably got me into as many jams as it got me out of. I switched to the school of hit first, hit fast and hit last, which seemed to work much better.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/05/2007 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    They had about 50 ways to poke a guy in the eyes or hit him in the nuts.

Interesting approach. Apparently I too am a Westwind Black Belt because I also know 50 ways to fail to hurt someone in a fight! :icon_tong

The idea that everyone is supposed to come up with original material for their BB test is beyond stupid. If people were capable of making up **** that is better than the existing ****, then they wouldn't need the BB in the first place. In fact, all those people should just go start their own styles and set up web pages to peddle their "top secret d34dly" skillz. Oh. Wait. Nevermind.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast