223756 Bullies, 3747 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

January 2007 Badass: Daniel M'Mburugu

This is the second Badass of the Month column we’ve done for January 2007. Some of you bastards didn’t care for “Bloody” Bill Anderson and were all like “waah, he’s only a badass because he killed a lot of people” and “waaah, state’s rights, despite being the true reason for the civil war, were not as important as that whole ‘human slavery thing’ I’m telling mommy”… and ****.
    So we’ve rebooted the column with extreme prejudice in order to award the “Bad Mother Fucker” wallet to a man who would find Chuck Norris jokes funny, but only in a way that a grown man would find it funny that a toddler wanted to kick his ass.

Daniel “M’Badass” M’Mburugu

We’ve heard stories of fighting bears with Judo, punching sharks, and giant insects invading Los Angeles (ok maybe not that last one; let a man dream will you?) but 70+ year old Daniel M’Mburugu takes this month’s (revised) Badass award for killing a leopard with his bare hands.

People who live in rural or remote areas generally have a bit more “badass” in them than those who get to relax in the urban/suburban comfort provided by industrialized society. It’s one thing to get mugged for your Nikes or “happy slapped” by a random Chav; it’s something completely different to be attacked by an animal that wants to fucking eat you. There’s just something deep within our reptilian brains that must swell the “badassticles” in people who, in their daily lives, are not necessarily always at the top of the food chain.

So when 73-year-old Daniel M’Burungu of Kenya went to out to check on the potatoes and beans in his garden and got jumped by a leopard, the Bad Mother Fucker wallet in his back pocket (otherwise known as “God” by Mr. M’Burungu), called him to action:

“A voice, which must have come from God, whispered to me to drop the panga (machete) and thrust my hand in its wide-open mouth. I obeyed,” M’Mburugu said.

That’s right folks, simply hacking the cat into bits with a machete wasn’t good enough for Danny Boy; he jammed his fist down the creature’s throat and ripped out its tongue. Here’s a man who is a grandfather; who was born in a time before they had television. A man who’s of the age where people in our part of the world generally go to Florida to die and/or clog up the freeways going 30 in the fast lane on their way to bingo. And when attacked by a 100lb wild animal prowling his back yard with geezer on the menu, shredding his old geezery flesh with its claws, he choses to forego a weapon in order to kill the thing with his bare hands.

The next time you’re at the dojo and are tired from doing too many widdle pushups, or don’t want to press out that last rep at the gym, or can’t find any more strength to upa the stinky fat guy off your chest, just remember how a potato-growing grandpa in Africa makes you look like a little bitch.

And is laughing at you, like you laughed at Chuck Norris jokes.

Posted On:
    6/17/2007 10:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *trying to look pretty and bend over*I submit granpa

Registered Member

At the doh-jaw, sleeping beneath the moldy tatami

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 8:22pm

Style: Judo/PunchyKicking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, this ain't gonna happen with me...

Leopards will be extinct when I reach Pappy's age! Way to go, old man!

poser

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 9:06pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Way to revive a 9-month-old thread.

We should bring back badass of the month.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2007 4:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Satori-Ryu/Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well damn. I give kudos to the badass of the month. That takes some serious balls to stick your hand down a leopard's throat.

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets get some of those ***** chav's who like to attack OAP's and this guy together....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2008 7:13pm

Style: Dojo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Badass or Instinct of Rural Native

:bduh: Typical American Unbelief! These incidents are so wide-spread among the thrid world natives such as South America, Mexico with the Bull fighting and daring stunts of bulls, Spain being chased down by huge mass of bulls of 25 or more -crushing people along the village. Even in Bolivia I witiness people catching alligators and other wild creatures by hand and i have a dear friend that will dare you to anything as catching rattle snakes to standing with wild boar charging and killing it just with a knife. Rural have daring instinct and city life and tough bad-ass american boy dont know the challenge of natural instinct in wild life and outdoors. we train to defend and fight humans. I train with pitbulls to build my fighting instinct and toughness and challenges. Budo up the toughness city- boys of America!

Big D of Zen Dragon
    Last edited by Darm; 8/16/2008 7:18pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2008 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Member for 4+ years and this is your first post -

I eat rattlesnake and wild boar. I'll eat your dog and feed you my ****.

F.... you and your rant.

Peacefully,

Joe

....admission - I am on the Scotch again tonight, but really do like rattle snake
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 8/16/2008 7:38pm at .

Posted On:
    2/12/2009 12:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn.
    that's BAD-ASS.
    RUGGED old fucker.